Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2019, 08:59 AM

95 posts, read 68,536 times

Advertisements

CONTINUATION.-

However even if you can be a millonaire in Spain if you work and you are worth a lot.For example Amancio Ortega the Owner
OF ZARA the textile Industry number 1 in the World sarting from the most absolute poverty is among 3 millonaires first of the WORLD.

PD.-I think you only know Andalucia Region very beautiful but without Industry and of the poorest of spain I suggest you visit the industrialized Regions and very richs of Spain with Cities as Bilbao.San Sebastian Santander,Oviedola Coruña etc etc etc.-
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2019, 12:05 PM

1,892 posts, read 1,667,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vidio View Post
CONTINUATION.-

However even if you can be a millonaire in Spain if you work and you are worth a lot.For example Amancio Ortega the Owner
OF ZARA the textile Industry number 1 in the World sarting from the most absolute poverty is among 3 millonaires first of the WORLD.

PD.-I think you only know Andalucia Region very beautiful but without Industry and of the poorest of spain I suggest you visit the industrialized Regions and very richs of Spain with Cities as Bilbao.San Sebastian Santander,Oviedola Coruña etc etc etc.-
^ Please tell me you are Urdiales

Old 07-14-2019, 05:53 AM

58 posts, read 47,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenFresno View Post
Having been to all 5 places, and having lived in at least three of them. I would say the quality of life in Spain, France and Italy is better then the UK and much better then the US.
Yup, definetly. I kinda like the US but the UK is a no-go place for me, it's way too boring and the life there is quite miserable. At least in the US the wages are high, in the UK they're relatively LOW.

It's not a surprise to see this in the official statistics: Amongst 1st world countries, Brits are by far the #1 nationality in the world when it comes to expats (an alternative, beautiful way invented by Brits to name British immigrants living abroad) since not only other European countries are filled with Brits but also Australia, NZ, Canada, USA, UAE and even the wealthy SE Asian areas are nowadays full of Brits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianf91 View Post
If earning a lot of money is not one's priority then I have complete certainty that Spain is the best country in the world to live, hands down.
I fully agree with you!

Old 07-14-2019, 05:55 AM

14,460 posts, read 11,217,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
^^^^^This--hands down.
Oh look, Enigma hates the US. What a shocker!

Old 07-14-2019, 05:58 AM

115 posts, read 59,841 times
I've lived in US, Scotland, Uganda, and live in Thailand in the winter. For me the overall quality of life is in Scotland. My only complaint is the climate and we fix that by sweating in Thailand all winter.

Old 07-14-2019, 06:21 AM

24,031 posts, read 10,384,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
...and I would add that it's hardly possible to put the US and quality of life in the same sentence...
As this is your standard .....
Personally I would not hang over the fence in Houston or Berlin.

Everyone has his/her ideas of what if close to perfect. Retirees generally have other needs and wants than those active in the work force.

We lived and worked on three continents and found the US to suit our needs best. Please spare me the horror stories about the lack of medical services!

Old 07-14-2019, 06:39 AM

29,891 posts, read 18,733,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vidio View Post
CONTINUATION.-

I was aware that the area around Bilbao is a a richer area of Spain and industrious people can and do become wealthy in Spain. I looked it up and there are 850K millionnaires in Spain so plenty do become wealthy. The USA has over 17M millionnaires so after factoring the population difference, the typical American has a 3 times larger probability of becoming a millionnaire.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...-millionaires/

What I did observe is that the average person in Spain that I saw had to work long hours and wages were quite low compared to where I live in USA. I did see some of the black market labor when I engaged projects in my apartment in Marbella.

Old 07-14-2019, 08:24 AM

67,652 posts, read 60,363,799 times
People have different needs, different goals, different situations. All the mentioned countries are First World countries and offer a good quality of life. What people want to experience within that context will vary.

Here are countries ranked by average wage:
https://stats.oecd.org/Index.aspx?Da...ode=AV_AN_WAGE

As you can see, most of Europe is ranked comfortably, as is the US.

Here is a list of countries ranked by cost of living:
https://www.expatistan.com/cost-of-l...ountry/ranking

The rest is really "up to the individual" - can a person reach their own personal goals and be happy in a particular country? That is highly individualistic. Impossible to say for each person in fact.

Personally I like living in the USA and appreciate the good things about it. My family and I have a comfortable lifestyle, a pleasant home, expendable income, good health care, etc. I also enjoy traveling internationally, and have a deep level of respect for different cultures. I think that's a healthy mindset.

Last edited by KathrynAragon; 07-14-2019 at 08:35 AM..

Old 07-14-2019, 11:20 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,798,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandGranny View Post
I've lived in US, Scotland, Uganda, and live in Thailand in the winter. For me the overall quality of life is in Scotland. My only complaint is the climate and we fix that by sweating in Thailand all winter.
My parents are Scottish, and I had an extended visit to the UK years ago. Stayed at my grandmother's place in Ardrossan as a base, and then travelled around for a couple of months. I love Scotland. It's one of the most breathtakingly beautiful countries in the world. But, yes, the weather would drive me insane.

Old 07-14-2019, 12:04 PM

18,494 posts, read 15,393,605 times
I've been to all, spent the most time in the USA, and then in order off time visiting, it's France, UK, Italy and Spain.

What I want out of life has changed over the years, and at this stage of my life, retired, if I had to choose to live in any of these countries, it would be France, then the UK, Spain, Italy and lastly the USA.

They are all pretty close, so not huge gaps in between.

France, is a place I loved visiting, time and time again, and I could see myself in a little corner of France living quite happily. I love the food, and the ambiance of some of the smaller towns. It's also my ancestoral home.

The UK. I love it's history, so I would spend my days discovering more of it. I also have family history from here as well.

Spain. I've only been around the Barcelona area. I liked it, but I haven't experience other parts of it yet. It may get pushed up the list when I do.

Italy, I know better than Spain, and I would choose to live somewhere around the Amalfi Coast, overlooking the sea...eating wonderful Italian food.

USA. If I had to live in the USA I would choose somewhere in Sonoma County. Good wine, and nice scenery.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World