Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2019, 11:54 AM

5,117 posts, read 2,162,262 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy-040 View Post
If women are important on your holiday then why are you not going to Colombia instead? Its like half the distance from the US.

Haha. Long story! I got a divorce 15 years ago and my former wife and I had a time share thru Fiesta Americana and they have several locations. My ex wife said, you take the time share for the next three years. So one of the places I could stay was Caesar Park on Ipanema. Back then round trip from Seattle to Rio was inexpensive.

But yes, I've heard Colombian women are beautiful as well. All's good now. I'm happily remarried. Would love to go back to Rio but airline prices have almost tripled.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2019, 12:07 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,742,791 times
Both Colombia and Brazil are plastic surgery epicenters, it is not all nature you see

Old 07-17-2019, 08:18 PM

2,176 posts, read 1,324,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by survivingearth View Post
Alright, i'm from the south of France, where you have mountains and the ocean. I moved to Rio for work and boy, what a disappointment. All the photos from the Christ, the Sugar loaf, Gavea makes Rio look like a tropical paradise, but from street level it is a mess. The architecture is a mix of whatever they could build, nothing is preserved. I mean, i am sorry but a city with the history of Rio i expected to find some sort of reminiscence of portuguese architecture but found very little. The beaches are ok, the mountains way unimpressive. Florianópolis which is further south might not be as hot but it does have the ocean and mountains plus people are friendly, not sure why Rio got all the hype.
You nailed it! Totally agree with you!
Cool thread to start!

Old 07-18-2019, 01:00 PM

3,877 posts, read 3,895,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Bahia (Salvador etc.) has many Portuguese-style buildings.

Anyway, I find all modern cities with skyscrapers depressing. The light pollution may look nice from a distance at night, but other than that, no thanks.
Dang, that sucks I admire the sheer efficiency of high rises every human being on Earth could occupy a very small percentage of Earth if we all lived in 100+ story high-rises. This would be the least destructive way of living, I love looking at the planned cities like Forest City in Malaysia with all the vegetation and high rises. I consider a city without much green space to be bland and intolerable.

Old 07-18-2019, 01:02 PM

3,877 posts, read 3,895,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
Both Colombia and Brazil are plastic surgery epicenters, it is not all nature you see
I think the mixing has alot to do with it as well. It's like they inherited all the good traits from each race collectively. Mixed are genetically superior as well.

Old 07-18-2019, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean1the1 View Post
Dang, that sucks I admire the sheer efficiency of high rises every human being on Earth could occupy a very small percentage of Earth if we all lived in 100+ story high-rises. This would be the least destructive way of living, I love looking at the planned cities like Forest City in Malaysia with all the vegetation and high rises. I consider a city without much green space to be bland and intolerable.
Well, efficiency is a different story.
I thought this thread was about pleasant looks, basically.

Many people do not feel safe and well in skyscrapers, not least because you are trapped in the case of a fire etc. I live on the 4th floor and it is kind of the limit for me. I could still climb out of my window and escape via the rooftops of neighboring houses.

Old 07-18-2019, 01:40 PM

Quote:
I think the mixing has alot to do with it as well. It's like they inherited all the good traits from each race collectively. Mixed are genetically superior as well.
Dangerous statements there

Old 07-18-2019, 01:47 PM

5,117 posts, read 2,162,262 times
Quote:
Whatever the recipe is, it works! I've done my share of traveling and I'd say the Brazilians are hands down the most attractive people on the planet by a landslide.

Old 07-18-2019, 03:11 PM

5,214 posts, read 4,020,583 times
to be honest, everyone over 20 knows how dangerous Brazil is...you act as if "noooo i thought everyone is like Neymar there!". I bet the crime makes Italy or Russia look as calm and safe as Luxembourg.

Old 07-18-2019, 08:06 PM

88,576 posts, read 84,777,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovelondon View Post
But more importantly, what did you think of London?

My favorite of the three cities we visited! I want to return. I only had four days there.

First of all, the bus system is wonderful and so easy to use and figure out where you are going.

Secondly, I read English medieval historical fiction for years. To actually be at the Tower and Westminster Abbey and just...LONDON. Wow.

Third, the food was great. When I visited both my daughter and I were vegetarian (I since fell off the wagon), and London has the very best vegetarian food choices. Loved Tibits. I even wrote to them and asked if they had any plans to open a restaurant in NYC. (No, they said. ) But I also got good veg food at the pubs and...coming from a person who lives in New Jersey, this means something...I got pretty good pizza in Covent Garden.

We did two walking tours, which were a great way to walk around and see things we might not otherwise have known about and learn some history.

I'd also like to see Manchester. I have a pretty common English surname, and that's where my great-greats came from back in the 19th century.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World