U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Where are the best places to live if you're extremely wealthy? Pick two
Dubai 9 14.52%
Los Angeles (LA) 31 50.00%
New York 27 43.55%
London 35 56.45%
Stockholm 9 14.52%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2020, 06:14 PM
Status: "Peace, order and good government" (set 26 days ago)

6,425 posts, read 5,636,731 times

Advertisements

Los Angeles
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2020, 06:59 AM

456 posts, read 347,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curious Genius 7 View Post
And if you're extremely wealthy?
I would continue to live where I currently live - in rural Florida. The only difference would be, I would probably have house right on the Gulf, instead of in the middle of the woods

Old 04-12-2020, 07:28 AM

4,855 posts, read 4,105,236 times
Extremely wealthy you can afford do your own research through trial and error surely? Why confine to one place? The world is your oyster. Perhaps less pretentious cities would be a starter.

Old 04-12-2020, 07:49 AM

4,345 posts, read 1,706,104 times
Los Angeles and maybe Dubai. I don’t want to report any income in California, though...taxes. Dubai is ridiculous for wealthy lifestyle, I don’t think they ever stop coming up with ways for you to spend your money, which substitutes for having a meh city to actually explore. LA and coastal California in general is my ideal climate, and since I like latinas, California’s the place were I to go womanizing. LA is so huge that you never run out of places to explore, and it’s close enough to my native Bay Area I could even split some time between the two.

London is tempting...I’d actually like to visit because I think I’d probably like it more if I popped over for a bit. I’m iffy on the climate and lifestyle though.

Stockholm? Doesn’t seem like a terribly interesting place to me. A bit homogenous and icky cold winter climate. I’d imagine taxes are awful too.

NYC is my least favorite on the list. Rude, awful place to own a car, dirty, provincial, gets too wintry for my tastes, and if I have so much money, it doesn’t offer any room to spread out, it’s just too suffocatingly crowded. I don’t even care to go back for a visit.

Old 04-12-2020, 11:05 AM

20,858 posts, read 22,160,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnobbishDude View Post
I haven’t been to London and Dubai so I can’t comment on these two.
Do visit London.

When the pandemic is over, that is.

Old 04-12-2020, 12:28 PM

3,815 posts, read 2,309,173 times
How the hell is the country/city with most millionaires as % in the world skipped (Monaco) and Stcokholm is included instead - a city of some 500k with limited brick/mortar shopping? The redneck right-wing bias of this forum never ceases to amaze me...

Not to mention Paris...even Tel Aviv/Herzlya is better fit than Stockholm, as is Macao.

Old 04-12-2020, 12:54 PM

20,858 posts, read 22,160,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by euro123 View Post
How the hell is the country/city with most millionaires as % in the world skipped (Monaco) and Stcokholm is included instead - a city of some 500k with limited brick/mortar shopping? The redneck right-wing bias of this forum never ceases to amaze me...

Not to mention Paris...even Tel Aviv/Herzlya is better fit than Stockholm, as is Macao.
I don't think the poll was meant to be an exhaustive list.

There are a lot of billionaires even in countries like Russia and India nowadays.

Old 04-12-2020, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
I don't think the poll was meant to be an exhaustive list.

There are a lot of billionaires even in countries like Russia and India nowadays.

Fair nuff you have a point too, OP didn't say "these are the best, pick one!" but it seems like it...

Old 04-12-2020, 01:40 PM

4,345 posts, read 1,706,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by euro123 View Post
Fair nuff you have a point too, OP didn't say "these are the best, pick one!" but it seems like it...
I tend to stick to the given choices unless OP said otherwise.

Old 04-12-2020, 03:41 PM

Anyways on topic: I'm not "extremely wealthy" but I've used to live in Dubai some 9 years ago for an year (I feel old...) + visited London once my impression is that Dubai seems like the superior choice for as long as you prefer the whole beach/touristy atmosphere, it sort of feels like a cliche tourist trap. London is likely the better choice shopping-wise though and with arguably more things to do while Dubai is trying to compete in things where it fails miserably: aka "artificial ski mountain" or drinking only in hotels and bars.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World