U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Where are the best places to live if you're extremely wealthy? Pick two
Dubai 9 14.52%
Los Angeles (LA) 31 50.00%
New York 27 43.55%
London 35 56.45%
Stockholm 9 14.52%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2020, 08:10 AM

12 posts, read 9,111 times

Advertisements

Three-way-tie between London, Los Angeles, and New York.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2020, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by euro123 View Post
Anyways on topic: I'm not "extremely wealthy" but I've used to live in Dubai some 9 years ago for an year (I feel old...) + visited London once my impression is that Dubai seems like the superior choice for as long as you prefer the whole beach/touristy atmosphere, it sort of feels like a cliche tourist trap. London is likely the better choice shopping-wise though and with arguably more things to do while Dubai is trying to compete in things where it fails miserably: aka "artificial ski mountain" or drinking only in hotels and bars.
Is it true Dubai's islands is sinking?

Old 04-13-2020, 03:39 PM

485 posts, read 349,726 times
Probably LA in the nicest possible neighborhood way out of the poorer, more congested parts of the region. Or a little further out like Malibu or something. Great weather and fantastic vistas will make up for most of the issues in that city if you have unlimited funds at your disposal.

If I already had a home in LA I'd take London instead of NY for additional culture and connection to the old world, but only in the spring-summer seasons.

There are a handful of other cities I'd take instead of many of these poll choices - Sydney, Singapore, Tokyo, San Francisco, Paris, Madrid over Dubai, Stockholm and even New York, and I would give strong considerations to Miami, Hong Kong or Vancouver.

All of these cities are mired in problems that, if we are honest, an obscene amount of wealth will just buy away. A chauffeur ride to the highest rated restaurant from the nicest home in the best neighborhood would almost make any major city a great place to be.

Old 04-13-2020, 04:39 PM

3,815 posts, read 2,309,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curious Genius 7 View Post
Is it true Dubai's islands is sinking?

I doubt it? it seems to be a conspiracy of some sort either way i won't feel too comfortable there.

Old 04-16-2020, 05:59 AM

London and Los Angeles winning now.

Old 04-16-2020, 05:26 PM

6,811 posts, read 9,242,571 times
If you're loaded and want to spend your time exploring urban environments then I would suggest London or New York. With London, each neighborhood has a distinct feel to it that's different from the other neighborhoods and the city's urbanscape is one of the best in the world. It's the ideal mix of retro with modern, both culturally and stylistically. You also have lots of cultures, scenic areas, and cities within close proximity to there for weekend flights.

Stockholm is also a nice urban environment but it is also much smaller than London or New York. It rates superbly with quality of life attributes; low crime, good health coverage, up-to-date schools, good air quality, so on and so forth. Along with London, it would be one of my two choices for this thread (London first and Stockholm second).

If you're looking for an environment to live a jet set lifestyle then Dubai has to be one of the top options for sure. If your focus is on women and/or dating then probably Los Angeles since it has the climate and natural environment that makes a setting like that pretty worthwhile. Otherwise, when it comes to the big cities, you'll have lots of options with women and plenty of diversity in the options as well in just about all of these cities.

Last edited by Trafalgar Law; 04-16-2020 at 06:23 PM..

Old 04-16-2020, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trafalgar Law View Post
If you're loaded and want to spend your time exploring urban environments then I would suggest London or New York. With London, each neighborhood has a distinct feel to it that's different from the other neighborhoods and the city's urbanscape is one of the best in the world. It's the ideal mix of retro with modern, both culturally and stylistically. You also have lots of cultures, scenic areas, and cities within close proximity to there for weekend flights.

Stockholm is also a nice urban environment but it is also much smaller than London or New York. It rates superbly with quality of life attributes; low crime, good health coverage, up-to-date schools, good air quality, so on and so forth. Along with London, it would be one of my two choices for this thread (London first and Stockholm second).

If you're looking for an environment to live a jet set lifestyle then Dubai has to be one of the top options for sure. If your focus is on women and/or dating then probably Los Angeles since it has the climate and natural environment that makes a setting like that pretty worthwhile. Otherwise, when it comes to the big cities, you'll have lots of options with women and plenty of diversity in the options as well in just about all of these cities.
Which City for most hawt Blue/Green Eyed Women?

Old 05-04-2020, 11:12 PM

58 posts, read 34,337 times
Los Angeles and London.

Old 05-05-2020, 10:02 AM

18,668 posts, read 10,983,312 times
Singapore, for me.

Old 05-08-2020, 06:56 AM

9,281 posts, read 7,889,061 times
I would do what Richard Branson did and buy myself a tropical island somewhere as a Homebase. Would probably have a flat in Kensington for visiting relatives and Chelsea home games. Then I would do lots of travelling to see the world and would stay in the best hotels while doing it! If only my lottery numbers were to come in!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World