U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Where are the best places to live if you're extremely wealthy? Pick two
Dubai 9 14.52%
Los Angeles (LA) 31 50.00%
New York 27 43.55%
London 35 56.45%
Stockholm 9 14.52%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2021, 07:41 AM

805 posts, read 161,280 times

Advertisements

Tokyo is not in the top 10 because of the decades long economic decline of Japan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curious Genius 7 View Post
It is shown that New York is better Overall and has more Wealth than Los Angeles so I think Los Angeles is more laid back, is that true? However, London ranks Highest in Lifestyle.

Source:
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2021, 06:10 PM

13,385 posts, read 11,659,079 times
I love New York in a lot of ways, but between London and L.A. you can have pretty much everything. NY/LA would be too American and NY/London would be too cold & dense. Caribbean and Indian food in London, Mexican and East Asian food in L.A. Beaches in L.A., pubs in London. NBA in L.A., Premier League in London. You get the idea.
The only city I wouldn't consider is Dubai. The laws and cultural restrictions are not compatible with my lifestyle or world view.

Old 01-13-2021, 06:20 PM

1,536 posts, read 456,076 times
No Paris? Seriously? Are you kidding me? Paris, man. Paris.

If I was filthy rich and unable to live in America, I would move to Sydney, Australia.

Old 01-13-2021, 06:47 PM

13,385 posts, read 11,659,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post

If I was filthy rich and unable to live in America, I would move to Sydney, Australia.
Yep, the lack of Paris is a serious oversight here.

Old 01-14-2021, 03:26 PM

1,536 posts, read 456,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
Yep, the lack of Paris is a serious oversight here.
Every time I visit Paris, I feel as if I could move there. It has everything you would want in a city. I would never live outside America (live, not travel), but Paris feels like a place I could move to and enjoy a wonderful quality of life.

As long as I had air conditioning.

Old 01-14-2021, 09:00 PM

1,500 posts, read 2,000,232 times
As an American, LA and NYC. I'd put Stockholm as tied with these two though.

Old 01-15-2021, 07:06 AM

16,754 posts, read 6,140,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post

The South of France including Monaco has a lot of very wealthy individuals living there or with homes there, whilst areas of the Costa Del Sol in Spain such as Marbella, are well known haunts of the wealthy.

There are also lots of wealthy individuals in Europe's tax havens including parts of Switzerland, Luxembourg, Liechtenstein, Channel Islands etc, indeed anywhere the tax man has trouble taxing you is going to be popular.

There are also some areas that are wealthy that are not as well known such as Romazzino Hill in Sardinia.

Major cities such as NYC, London and Paris, are also very popular with the very wealthy, as are the extremely wealthy suburbs that surround them, which go beyond the normal wealthy areas that most cities enjoy.

In terms of London there are a lot of wealthy people in the stockbroker belt of the home countries that surround London, whilst the South Coast and areas such as Devon and Cornwall have some wealthy enclaves.

Germany is also home to a number of notable wealthy areas and enclaves.

Last edited by Brave New World; 01-15-2021 at 07:19 AM..

Old 02-04-2021, 01:45 AM

6,395 posts, read 11,731,169 times
Am I betraying my own home town of New York? I say this late in the 2000's Dubai UAE, and Stockholm Sweden. Around 2003-2017, NYC would be high up there. Also, still not too early. Los Angeles is kind of just a giant suburb, and NYC/London competition stress prices are fierce. Dubai, Stockholm are the most well grounded fair and relaxing ones out of these. And geographic coordinates give endless play to own surroundings just some hours away. Although, I have close to equal preference. Able to get away from any problems when abundant materialism is present.

Any exact specific reasons why Dubai is winning number one that far vastly superior in accordance of affordable luxury hotel rooms compared to the others that fall way behind with rooms accommodation? The others are expensive a lot less comfortable when wanting to visit stay over there.

Old Today, 10:08 AM

20,856 posts, read 22,160,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thepastpresentandfuture View Post
Am I betraying my own home town of New York? I say this late in the 2000's Dubai UAE, and Stockholm Sweden.
Dubai is very rich. However, it is rather small, isolated and surrounded by desert areas. That to me makes it less desirable than New York City or London.

If someone is from South Asia, then Dubai is very convenient due to its proximity to South Asia and because there is such a large South Asian population in Dubai. You can get by speaking Urdu or Hindi literally anywhere in Dubai.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World