Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2021, 10:01 PM

1,421 posts, read 1,027,721 times

Advertisements

Around the planet what do we care about most & least?

https://www.visualcapitalist.com/mos...ential-values/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2021, 11:27 AM

17,916 posts, read 24,336,832 times
Interesting data.

I am surprised that North America and Europe did not rank higher in "Righteousness" considering how common self-righteous attitudes are and how important a sense of inflated righteousness is considered in the public discourse in those regions.

Old 01-04-2021, 11:37 AM

1,421 posts, read 1,027,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
Interesting data.

I am surprised that North America and Europe did not rank higher in "Righteousness" considering how common self-righteous attitudes are and how important a sense of inflated righteousness is considered in the public discourse in those regions.
Did not see any explanation of methodology nor definitions, so not sure how that term (among many) was characterized in the survey. Also the translation into native languages could spin things, unless the survey was only in English.

I suspect they focused only on large cities with better educated folk. To have Spirituality in the top ten, but Morality way down the list seems nicely contemporary, but clueless.

Old 01-04-2021, 03:56 PM

5,058 posts, read 7,495,551 times
The lack of value assigned to material Possessions in Oceania/Pacific is quite surprising to me, its way lower to North America and far more in line with Africa. I know the islanders do not really put much value on it, however Australia still forms almost 2/3rds of the areas population, and while i would certainly say we are lower than the US, i did not think it would be that low.

Old 02-04-2021, 01:03 AM
Status: "From 31 to 41 Countries Visited: )" (set 3 days ago)

4,640 posts, read 13,912,538 times
Are you kidding me? With all of the valuable complex to simple methodology encompassing the data, "Travel" isn't ever included for one factor? That's all I care about lately for my own Values. There are vague associations within Personal Growth, Experiences, Material Possessions, Positive Environments, Happiness, Independence, Wealth, Leisure, Peace, Money, Determination. Points Numbers 6, 14, 25, 31, 32, 37, 38, 47, 51, 52, 56 respectively. Confusing why separate Countries are not first before entire Continents. There is regional variety within the same representative unit of focus.

Although, a useful starting point to focus on.
https://www.visualcapitalist.com/mos...ential-values/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World