Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2021, 08:00 PM

14,682 posts, read 14,645,402 times

Advertisements

I would put North Korea in the highly strict category, but in reality most East Asian countries could be considered strict where crime & punishment is concerned. And it should go without saying, most Middle Eastern countries also.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2021, 09:51 PM

61,705 posts, read 87,101,195 times
I think, nowadays, it would be quite hard to find a country with citizens (mob) so dumb... Perhaps in Third World.
The U.S. has witnessed one successful coup d’état once before:
During the Wilmington Massacre or Coup of 1898, white supremacists overthrew the government of the then-majority-black city and killed as many as 60 black people.

There were also three other instances of coordinated political violence against the U.S. Capitol.

Last edited by elnina; 01-15-2021 at 10:01 PM..

Old 02-04-2021, 01:37 AM
Status: "From 31 to 41 Countries Visited: )" (set 8 days ago)

4,640 posts, read 13,919,105 times
Can't talk against the governing system in Thailand or you get susceptible to arrest.
Not allowed to use Facebook in China.
Avoid vocabulary of vocal criticism towards the communists of such, or able to enter jail.
I still like those two countries. Just have to follow the unique rules.

Old 02-08-2021, 05:30 PM

12,766 posts, read 18,376,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth11 View Post
In light of today’s takeover of the u.s. capitol, and the lack of justice thereof, are there still any countries with strict punishments? The last incident I’ve heard about was years ago where a kid was caned in Thailand for simple theft, or the woman that got justice in the islands. I’m pretty sure people in Russia are still kept in line, not sure if Germany is still that way...
Thailand u cant speak badly about the govt ... even as a tourist. Not sure what the punishment is but they def dont have the freedom we do in that regard

Old 02-09-2021, 09:09 AM

8,484 posts, read 6,889,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccm123 View Post
Yes, the first time I ever visited Singapore in 1994, I was on a flight from Hong Kong. I was completing my entry card on the plane and noticed in bold letters: “If you are caught carrying illegal drugs into Singapore, you will be punished by the death penalty.”

I said to myself: this place is pretty serious about criminal activity.
Singapore has softened the drug penalty laws over the years. Unlike in the past where the death penalty was a near certainty a defendant’s attorney can now plead mitigating circumstances. Things like age, no prior record and other things. So some people may get a long prison sentence but not necessarily death.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World