U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 01-26-2021, 07:09 PM
 
Location: Brisbane
3,984 posts, read 5,996,989 times
Reputation: 3217

Advertisements

I am 100% sure the "civilized world" will treat the USA based on its international policy, as it has always done.

From an Australian perspective, I do not think the trump administration directly did much at all, other than pulling out of the Trans Pacific Partnership Agreement, which went ahead without the US anyway.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trans-Pacific_Partnership

Though i think its fair to say that the far right anti immigration parties, are gaining a much stronger following in Europe than they have for a long time. How much Mr Trump is responsible for that, i don't know?

Last edited by danielsa1775; 01-26-2021 at 07:26 PM..
Rate this post positively

 
Old 01-26-2021, 08:56 PM
 
Location: Taipei
7,625 posts, read 6,054,990 times
Reputation: 5411
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielsa1775 View Post
Though i think its fair to say that the far right anti immigration parties, are gaining a much stronger following in Europe than they have for a long time. How much Mr Trump is responsible for that, i don't know?
Europeans are always very quick at calling America racist when they are 10 times worse. Talk about lack of self-awareness.

And it's funny that OP talks about "civilised world" taking the US "back", as if the so-called "civilised world" could afford cutting their ties to the US. Trump tried to withdraw some American troops from Germany and those hypocritical German ****s totally freaked out. Give me a ****ing break lmao. The so-called "civilised world" certainly has no problem enjoying US military protection. They can't even handle economic non-entities like Russia and Turkey on their own, lol.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 01-27-2021, 05:55 AM
 
14,087 posts, read 20,329,026 times
Reputation: 23778
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielsa1775 View Post
I am 100% sure the "civilized world" will treat the USA based on its international policy, as it has always done.

From an Australian perspective, I do not think the trump administration directly did much at all, other than pulling out of the Trans Pacific Partnership Agreement, which went ahead without the US anyway.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trans-Pacific_Partnership

Though i think its fair to say that the far right anti immigration parties, are gaining a much stronger following in Europe than they have for a long time. How much Mr Trump is responsible for that, i don't know?
An objective, thoughtful, and fair response is not what the OP wants to hear!

This thread is NOT going the OPs way it looks like.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 01-27-2021, 06:25 AM
 
Location: Great Britain
16,937 posts, read 6,237,884 times
Reputation: 10989
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenstyle View Post
I’m sure you’ve all heard by now that the United States has a real president now. He is doing his best to work us back into your good graces, and we are relieved about that. The question is: will you have us back? Will you forgive us our trespasses?
I am truly hoping you’ll welcome us back into your friendly embrace, like a long-suffering, tolerant boyfriend who was unjustly dumped for a rich bully.
Biden will be visiting Europe this year, indeed there is the G7 in Cornwall (UK) in June, the G20 in Rome at the end of October and the 2021 United Nations Climate Change Conference in November in Glasgow, as well as a planned NATO summit in Brussels.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 01-27-2021, 08:32 AM
 
830 posts, read 286,584 times
Reputation: 507
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
Seriously dude, give us a break and give it a rest from your political agenda.

We replace a wild outspoken businessman with a 78 year old career politician with cognitive issues. There were people that hate the US before the prior administration, there will be people that hate the US in the current administration and as long as we are a world power those people will still hate us. If all the world loves us, I would say we have serious problems - i.e. the US is not looking after it's own self-interest.

Now I see you are a "career P&C poster" with a specific agenda that has nothing to do with world affairs. You can return to your P&C forum now and post your political nonsense to your hearts content.
Oops, Oh Dear!

Kettle/Pot/People/Glasshouses/Stones........
I could suggest hypocrisy, I could be even more specific, but I'll refrain.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/poli...l#post60160266


https://www.city-data.com/forum/poli...l#post59975192
Rate this post positively
 
Old 01-27-2021, 08:51 AM
 
14,087 posts, read 20,329,026 times
Reputation: 23778
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Very Man Himself View Post
Oops, Oh Dear!

Kettle/Pot/People/Glasshouses/Stones........
I could suggest hypocrisy, I could be even more specific, but I'll refrain.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/poli...l#post60160266


https://www.city-data.com/forum/poli...l#post59975192

What's the point here - that I post in the P&C forum? I don't. Those two threads were moved from other forums to P&C by the moderator (for good reason). The first from the nature forum. You can tell because I clearly stated in the first that it was in the wrong forum, mod merged to existing thread in P&C.

So do you have any comment on the topic at hand or is this just a failed stalking attempt and off-topic post? In any regards, living breathing example of FAIL.

By the way, a man using "oh dear" as an exclamation? LOL turn in your man card right now!
Rate this post positively
 
Old 01-27-2021, 09:17 AM
 
830 posts, read 286,584 times
Reputation: 507
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
What's the point here - that I post in the P&C forum? I don't. Those two threads were moved from other forums to P&C by the moderator (for good reason). The first from the nature forum. You can tell because I clearly stated in the first that it was in the wrong forum, mod merged to existing thread in P&C.

So do you have any comment on the topic at hand or is this just a failed stalking attempt and off-topic post? In any regards, living breathing example of FAIL.

By the way, a man using "oh dear" as an exclamation? LOL turn in your man card right now!
Yes, I agree with the OP, and you have no business telling anyone to get out of this forum.
You appear to be in a fragile political state of mind, perhaps due to recent events, and feel the need to lash out.
I, on the other hand am sufficiently self confident in both my political views and my manhood, not to be in the least concerned by juvenile brickbats, my dear boy, old bean!
Seems you don't get out much......
Rate this post positively
 
Old 01-27-2021, 09:34 AM
 
14,087 posts, read 20,329,026 times
Reputation: 23778
Quote:
Originally Posted by the very man himself View Post
yes, i agree with the op, and you have no business telling anyone to get out of this forum.
You appear to be in a fragile political state of mind, perhaps due to recent events, and feel the need to lash out.
I, on the other hand am sufficiently self confident in both my political views and my manhood, not to be in the least concerned by juvenile brickbats, my dear boy, old bean!
Seems you don't get out much......
lol... newbies
Rate this post positively
 
Old 01-27-2021, 10:05 AM
 
Location: Somewhere below Mason/Dixon
8,122 posts, read 8,638,082 times
Reputation: 13461
I think the rest of the “civilized world” is rightly concerned about our stability. Yes they hated Trump but they like the rest of us they saw the very questionable election, they have seen a year of political and racial violence. They saw angry citizens storm our capital in a rage. They can hear the open discussion of revolution, civil war and secession that seems to be everywhere. The rest of the world is worried about a horror show unfolding in North America.

The “civilized world” will be happy when the big nuclear powered superpower goes back to being a stable republic. Right now we look a lot like the Soviet Union did 30 years ago. The world was worried then too. Thankfully that didn’t get too bad but it really could have.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 01-27-2021, 12:06 PM
 
830 posts, read 286,584 times
Reputation: 507
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dd714 View Post
lol... newbies
lol.........oldies. I can do it too.....
Rate this post positively
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.



All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top