U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2021, 05:25 PM

1,697 posts, read 2,063,263 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by manitopiaaa View Post
Brazilians - I'll go with yes.
I really hope that our current politics don't destroy this. Formerly we used to be seen by the world as a cool people, land of bossa nova and good football. Nowadays, there are a lot of people thinking that the new generation turned to a bunch of stupid far-right ultranationalists due to the behaviour of our president.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2021, 10:35 PM

795 posts, read 261,532 times
If you are rich, educated, urbane, erudite person (as all of us here are), your perception of niceness is going to be very different from that which felt by the rank and file.

Old 02-26-2021, 11:04 PM

866 posts, read 709,716 times
So this is like, which country doesn't have many or any enemies? Moreso than the likeable character of the people, it's more about the geopolitical climate?

Swiss

Old 03-01-2021, 03:08 AM

8,495 posts, read 7,775,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greysholic View Post
Except pretty much ordinary people in China totally love CPP narratives so there is absolutely no reason to separate the two.
Not at all. You Taiwanese better not speak for Chinese. Thanks.

But "some" political narratives of CCP are well supported in China, such as Taiwan is a province of China. That is true.

Old 03-01-2021, 11:03 AM

7,650 posts, read 6,070,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettafish View Post
Not at all. You Taiwanese better not speak for Chinese. Thanks.

But "some" political narratives of CCP are well supported in China, such as Taiwan is a province of China. That is true.
Exactly why there's no reason to seperate the Chinese people and the government.

Old 03-01-2021, 01:43 PM

144 posts, read 48,836 times
The Portuguese by far are my top choice.
Kiwis and Aussies are so chill and easy to travel with.
Canadians and Mexicans are always nice to run into whilst in Europe or Asia.
Irish and SCOTTISH are always a good time .
Brazilians have been a delight as well.
People from Thailand and Japan have always been great to socialize with.
I really like the Dutch haha always have great conversations with them. And Danes.
South Africans and Nigerians are cool.

Old 03-01-2021, 01:51 PM

144 posts, read 48,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manitopiaaa View Post
Hip hop is a niche market? It, and Pop, are the two biggest global genres - and the U.S. dominates in both, though it shares Pop with Koreans, sure. And Eminem? What is this, 2003?

Just because you purposefully avoid American culture just so you can crow about how 'European' you are doesn't mean everyone else is as equally myopic. I got my Master's in Italy and studied in Madrid as well. My European classmates knew more Simpsons references than I did.
This is the reason that when you're in Europe outside of Anglophone countries, people speaking English many times have an American accent. This was the case in London whilst in Uni and meeting people from all over Europe and the Arab world and most of them had American accents. Did they go to American institutions to learn English? Nope. They watched Friends, It's Always Sunny, and all the American media possible. Reminds me of the WandaVision series how she grew up watching American Sitcoms...and this is still very true today. American media is all over and will be all over. So it's natural that people will pick up on Americanisms.

Old 03-04-2021, 10:21 AM

16,747 posts, read 17,610,215 times
Based on my travels abroad, Thais are very courteous. New Zealanders are very polite. Canadians are generally very open minded and polite. That is based on my limited experiences, of course your experiences will vary!

Old Yesterday, 08:27 PM

11,337 posts, read 15,167,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Space_League View Post
So this is like, which country doesn't have many or any enemies? Moreso than the likeable character of the people, it's more about the geopolitical climate?

Swiss
Canada perhaps too

Old Today, 09:39 AM

11 posts
Colombians, Brazilians, Mexicans, Canadians, some Americans, Senegalese, Philippinos.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World