U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2021, 09:23 PM

3,983 posts, read 5,991,251 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarisaMay View Post
Yes I am far more likely to be killed driving out of my driveway at home, where my vision is obscured by the trucks all the tradies park along the street.

What do think the odds are that Qld will slam its border shut to us again in the next three months? We need to go to Brissie and to the north on business and have now cancelled three trips. Awfully hard to work up the will to make a booking!
I think the Chances are Pretty good unfortunately,

I kind of know how you feel, we were supposed to go the sunshine coast for a week the very day they decided to lock down Brisbane, fortunately the people at the accommodation understood and we ended up going 1 weeks later, at no additional cost.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2021, 09:25 PM

3,785 posts, read 2,265,412 times
Australia and New Zealand have really done a fantastic job in combatting the pandemic they have earned the right to be a bit lax with the vaccine rollout the UK on the other hand would be on its knees if it weren't for a successful vaccine roll out. We finally got something right although only time will tell.

Old 02-14-2021, 10:30 PM

1,935 posts, read 830,238 times
Yes, there is no rush here as far as I am concerned. We will not want to travel overseas until most of the world gets it under control and our vaccination program should be complete by October. Which will be time enough.

In Sydney right at the moment the only inconvenience is having to wear masks on public transport. Parents are still restricted in being allowed to go into schools, but the teachers like it so much they hope that might continue (retired teacher here!) We are really good at using the QR code. Even my friends who are over eighty walk into the coffee shops and ask where it is. Then zap zap, it’s done!

It would be lovely, however, if the premiers would stop closing the borders and we do need the vaccine roll on for that.

Old 02-14-2021, 10:35 PM

1,935 posts, read 830,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielsa1775 View Post
I think the Chances are Pretty good unfortunately,

I kind of know how you feel, we were supposed to go the sunshine coast for a week the very day they decided to lock down Brisbane, fortunately the people at the accommodation understood and we ended up going 1 weeks later, at no additional cost.
You were good. My friend lives in the north of Brisbane and she rang me that day to say how there were massive lines of cars heading north to escape the lockdown. Fortunately it did not spread but in Italy the virus spread far and wide when they locked down the north and everyone fled south.

At least if we can get into Qld we are pretty confident of not having our border shut on us. Unlike the poor Victorians.

And my sister in Dubai is not a fan of Gladys. She has no idea what the alternatives offer.

Old 02-15-2021, 04:49 AM

16,882 posts, read 6,210,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielsa1775 View Post
They will be also producing 50 million of these in Melbourne so I'd imagine a lot of them will be distributed around all the Pacific islands and new Zealand.

Most people will be getting the Astra Zenaca vaccine in Australia. The phitzer vaccine will arrive first, (in a couple of days from now apparently) a) but it will only be a compativly small batch given to front line health workers.

Australia seems to have some good vaccine manufacturing and distribution in place.

Old 02-15-2021, 04:51 AM

16,882 posts, read 6,210,665 times
The UK has now vaccinated over 15 million people.

So where close to the 25% mark, and most of the 15 million vaccinated have been the elderly and vulnerable, with the next stage being more key workers and the over 50's.

Covid: Vaccine given to 15 million in UK as PM hails 'extraordinary feat' - BBC News

Old Today, 09:10 AM

817 posts, read 503,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
Israel leads the world in vaccinations per head of population, which is the best way to measure.
What i really want to say is that countries with small pop. will not have big troubles for vaccinating their whole populations they just need few millions doses.
The problem are the big countries or conglomerates like EU. In the EU, China, India, Russia, Brazil, Mexico, Southeast Asia countries, Africa the vaccination is very slow giving time for more and more new virus variants emerges.

Old Today, 02:13 PM

9,324 posts, read 7,935,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVANGELISTTI View Post
What i really want to say is that countries with small pop. will not have big troubles for vaccinating their whole populations they just need few millions doses.
The problem are the big countries or conglomerates like EU. In the EU, China, India, Russia, Brazil, Mexico, Southeast Asia countries, Africa the vaccination is very slow giving time for more and more new virus variants emerges.
Yes that true but traversely the more people you have in your population the 'quicker' you can vaccinate higher numbers, a thousand people vaccinating ten thousand people will take the same amount of time as ten thousand people vaccinating a hundred thousand people. That's why the best way to ascertain how well your government are doing with vaccines is by calculating percentages per head of population. Of course though the reality is that there are many aspects that come into play which is why comparisons as some sort of competition isn't really fair anyway. As usual it's the poorer undeveloped nations that are left looking for scraps though to be fair, for a change, this virus seems to have hit particularly hard the developed countries.The UK has vaccinated a third of it's population BUT the UK has been one of the very worst affected countries on this planet by this bloody virus so can you blame the government for pulling out all the stops to get it done?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World