U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-11-2021, 08:48 AM
 
817 posts, read 503,945 times
Reputation: 324

Advertisements

In this site they update daily.

USA is vaccinating its people quickly, but in the most of the world (including Europe and others first world countries) vaccination are still so slow.


https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/c...t&region=World


https://ourworldindata.org/covid-vaccinations
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-11-2021, 09:09 AM
 
Location: Great Britain
16,882 posts, read 6,210,665 times
Reputation: 10963
The UK has a higher vaccination rate than the US.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-11-2021, 11:53 AM
 
Location: Norteh Bajo Americano
1,439 posts, read 1,790,467 times
Reputation: 1754
Is it due to money? Or connections?
USA has themost expensive Healthcare system where citizens pay so much more for drugs or care than other countries for similar things. I think the US government is making deals with pharma to buy large quantities at inflated prices just to be first. Not sure it is true. But at the same time pharma has huge lobbyist in government trying to get expedite drugs for ages.
Unsure what other countries with less power and money do. They will just wait until it gets cheaper and other competitive vaccines create more.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-11-2021, 12:00 PM
 
Location: San Antonio/Houston/Tricity
45,207 posts, read 64,679,110 times
Reputation: 104706
Israel leads all countries with 65.7 doses per 100 people.
Then UAE, then UK.

But US had administered most doses. China is just behind.
https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/c...-distribution/
__________________
.
"No Copyrighted Material"
Moderated forums:
World, Europe, Texas, Corpus Christi, El Paso, Lubbock, Tyler, Houston, San Antonio, Tallahassee, Minnesota,
Economics, Investing, Personal Finance, Fish, Home Interior Design and Decorating, Science and Technology Forums
.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search
Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-11-2021, 12:41 PM
 
3,834 posts, read 2,327,946 times
Reputation: 2321
Quote:
Originally Posted by saybanana View Post
Is it due to money? Or connections?

Obviously if your country makes one it will be easier...for now it's just Russia, Moderna +2,3 more I bet many countries simply don't have access to enough.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-11-2021, 12:53 PM
 
817 posts, read 503,945 times
Reputation: 324
Quote:
Originally Posted by saybanana View Post
Is it due to money? Or connections?
USA has themost expensive Healthcare system where citizens pay so much more for drugs or care than other countries for similar things. I think the US government is making deals with pharma to buy large quantities at inflated prices just to be first. Not sure it is true. But at the same time pharma has huge lobbyist in government trying to get expedite drugs for ages.
Unsure what other countries with less power and money do. They will just wait until it gets cheaper and other competitive vaccines create more.
Being Pfizer and Moderna Americans companies, and having large production factories there helps.

Few countries manufacture vaccines today, most of the world vaccines factories are in India and China. Brazil could be producing millions dailly but the problem here was the dumb president.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-11-2021, 01:05 PM
 
Location: SE UK
9,323 posts, read 7,935,735 times
Reputation: 6502
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVANGELISTTI View Post
In this site they update daily.

USA is vaccinating its people quickly, but in the most of the world (including Europe and others first world countries) vaccination are still so slow.


https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/c...t&region=World


https://ourworldindata.org/covid-vaccinations
Israel leads the world in vaccinations per head of population, which is the best way to measure.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-11-2021, 01:06 PM
 
Location: SE UK
9,323 posts, read 7,935,735 times
Reputation: 6502
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVANGELISTTI View Post
Being Pfizer and Moderna Americans companies, and having large production factories there helps.

Few countries manufacture vaccines today, most of the world vaccines factories are in India and China. Brazil could be producing millions dailly but the problem here was the dumb president.
I think there are plenty of vaccines being manufactured in Europe no?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-11-2021, 02:16 PM
 
Location: Australia
1,935 posts, read 830,238 times
Reputation: 3766
Australia has not even started. The first lot of Pfizer is arriving next week. Astra Zeneca is being made here but the approval is not quite through.

It was decided by the government not to rush as the infection rate is so low. Then to observe the process overseas, which will give more confidence to people to proceed. People who live in places like Tasmania, which has not had a case since about May, may not feel the need to rush off for their vaccination.

Having said that, Melbourne is in the middle of a little outbreak, up to 13 cases. Seems it is caused by someone using a nebuliser in a quarantine hotel. Everyone will be very anxious to see everyone involved in the quarantine process vaccinated if it does cut down the risk of transmission, even a little.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-11-2021, 02:26 PM
 
817 posts, read 503,945 times
Reputation: 324
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
I think there are plenty of vaccines being manufactured in Europe no?
Yes but few for a pop. of half billion people.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top