Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2021, 01:54 PM

75 posts, read 108,116 times

Advertisements

Okay well I just have belief maybe due to popularity of Bollywood.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2021, 04:50 PM

37,174 posts, read 39,463,148 times
It's possible, but it depends on what your definition of a superpower is and how things go for India. They do have a lot of land area and a massive, youthful population which can be a powerful labor force and they have relatively strong concentration on STEMs. The problems are that they have relatively scant resources for its population size and a lot of governmental corruption and infighting among the myriad groups of people there often with a tricky religious and ethnic bent that's been longstanding. Added to that is pretty severe and growing environmental degradation issues. They do have a lot of potential when it comes to solar power which could help them in myriad ways such as reducing the environmental degradation issue and becoming less reliant on resources from elsewhere, but they don't yet have enough of a sizable advanced industrial economy to make swift headway on that and meanwhile have a lot of bureaucratic and corruption issues that hinder such.

Old 05-31-2021, 04:32 PM

395 posts, read 599,420 times
The next superpower? No. China is simply too far ahead of them economically.

In 50 years, the situation will be very different. China is facing a demographic timebomb and it's population growth is now stagnant and will begin a very precipitous decline within a decade at the most. India will not face this issue as it's decline in the birthrate has been organic as opposed to forced from a central government.

Baring some major financial, economic, or climatic catastrophe, the US will remain the world's sole true superpower for the remainder of the century.

Old 05-31-2021, 04:41 PM

6,476 posts, read 4,080,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yasmin35 View Post
Do you think India could become the next potential superpower.
Yes, population alone will make this happen. Also as the economy catches up, all India needs to do is eclipse Russia militarily, as well as economically get in front of Japan, which means a doubling in the current size of the economy. The military is already larger physically but needs the equipment to compete.

The current GDP per capita is 2000 USD, and I could easily see it hitting 4000 USD by 2035, likely 5000+ USD by then. Japan and Germany's economy will also grow bigger, but by 2040-2050 India will likely be an undisputed superpower, it will still be weaker than American and China, and it's also geographically compromised by multiple Indian rivers sources being in Chinese territory, but overall the subcontinent can easily acquire superpower status if the current economic situation keeps improving at this rate.

Old 05-31-2021, 10:32 PM

2,230 posts, read 1,718,064 times
In the foreseeable future, I don't think there will be another superpower.

Maybe the world will be multi-polar instead.

Old 05-31-2021, 10:35 PM

2,230 posts, read 1,718,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yasmin35 View Post
I know that's why I said I'm hoping for an Asian Union so that Asian countries can get along with each other like in the west.

China + Japan + Korea union alone is big enough to be the largest economy in the world.

Unfortunately it's not going to happen.

Old 06-02-2021, 10:03 PM

5,976 posts, read 15,280,433 times
Default Hmmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangbatibetan View Post
You may never see China become a failed country I see too many ignorant Western men like you Live in your own world I'm a minority, I'm Tibetan and I'm Chinese too Because my ancestors have always lived in this ancient country There are 130 million ethnic minorities in China Even the Han people, in fact, their appearance and somatotype characteristics are very different I see too much fake news about China

So, I see reports almost every month of Chinese nationals being booted out of the US, or other countries for spying. I find it hard to believe that all these countries would go through this sort of coordination to lie, and say that about the Chinese.

On the other hand, I worked for an Oil and Gas company until recently. Once in 2001, my wife and I visited China, we went to Beijing. One night we were out in the street visiting all the shops, and I came across this guy selling software that I was familiar with. It was a software package called OpenWorks, written by a company called Landmark Graphics. That company is now part of Halliburton. Anyway, here I saw the OpenWorks software for sale, on the street, with decrypted passwords for the software. China would not do that, would it? This is NOT fake news, I witnessed it myself.

Old 06-03-2021, 08:36 AM

2,973 posts, read 1,977,058 times
It is looking like the top 10 economic powers will be:
Brazil
China
Germany
India
Indonesia
Japan
Russia
Turkey
United States
Vietnam

Only 3 are developed (U.S. / Japan / Germany). The rest are emerging powers!

Old 06-04-2021, 01:08 AM

1,136 posts, read 527,084 times
Two in the list, China and US are good at getting rid of the covid problem this year.

They will remain top powers for some time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywalk View Post
It is looking like the top 10 economic powers will be:
Brazil
China
Germany
India
Indonesia
Japan
Russia
Turkey
United States
Vietnam

Only 3 are developed (U.S. / Japan / Germany). The rest are emerging powers!

Old 06-04-2021, 06:08 AM

75 posts, read 108,116 times
Well India is becoming a developed country I know that It is Asian century in the UK Asians refer to south Asians such an Indians, pakistanis and banglesdeshis while in the USA Asians refer to East east and northeast Asians = us south and southwest asians =uk Asians Chinese, Japanese Korean. So northern
and Eastern Asia are referred as Asia in America while in the uk southern and Western Asia are refer as Asia so yes I believe in India.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World