Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2021, 08:32 PM

536 posts, read 641,491 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post

Turkey, Cyprus, Azerbaijan can't ever be part of the European Union EU. In another Continent.
Cyprus is already an EU member state. Maybe you're referring to Northern Cyprus?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2021, 08:45 PM

1,764 posts, read 1,034,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
Even in Istanbul, the Non-Westernized music, ubiquitous coverage of Mosques, and conservative dressing still didn't really feel Secular. Even over there in the other side of the country. Morocco actually feels noticeably within the boundary labels in relation to Turkey.

Turkey, Cyprus, Azerbaijan can't ever be part of the European Union EU. In another Continent.

Those Yugoslavian republics could be, although. Including Serbia, especially.

There are lots of Europe countries with no Muslims, or close to zero.
Cyprus is definitely part of the EU and been so since 2004.

Turkey is very rich in Ancient Greek and Roman ruins and it would be similar if you visit Greece and Rome. It was also a very important part of the Greek world for thousands of years, and was very culturally European.

That is strange with Non-Western Music, as I am sure Westernised music is very common there. BTW in South East Asia which I have travelled western music is very common, and what I find is most music radio stations in Asia play western music. If you don't believe me then listen to Radiogarden app on the music there. I am sure it is the same in Turkey too.

BTW Bulgaria which a EU member since 2007 has the highest number of mosques per capita in Europe and the country ranks next to Arab countries with its total of 1200 mosques, according to data of Eurostat. With the conservative dressing I am sure if you go to the Western European cities you see many people wear that there.

Actually I looked at the stats of Muslims in Europe and it seems the only country in Europe that does not have muslims is San Marino. https://www.muslimpopulation.com/Europe/

Last edited by herenow1; 10-02-2021 at 08:59 PM..

Old 10-02-2021, 08:56 PM

1,764 posts, read 1,034,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shunketsu View Post
Cyprus is already an EU member state. Maybe you're referring to Northern Cyprus?
Northern Cyprus is legally part of the EU but its membership is suspended due to Turkish occupation of it which the EU does not recognise.

Old 10-03-2021, 01:13 AM

1,002 posts, read 914,218 times
Turkey is part of Europe..
they are more related to Europe than Middle East.. but politically confused where turkey are in

Old 10-05-2021, 06:48 AM

4,098 posts, read 3,746,804 times
Well because it's not. 97% of Turkey is in Asia not Europe, hence why it's also historically been called Asia Minor.

Istanbul straddles the Bosphorus straight between Asia and Europe so even Istanbul isn't strictly European.

Now if we were talking about Edirne, now yes that is Europe.

Old 10-10-2021, 11:18 PM

1,575 posts, read 890,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by barneyg View Post
And Georgia isn’t in Europe. If it weren’t for Christianity, very few people would argue that Armenia and Georgia are European at all.
I consider both countries to be part of Europe, even if they're south of the Caucasus mountains.

Old 10-11-2021, 02:51 PM

30 posts, read 17,763 times
Because 97% of Turkey isn’t Europe. And they are Islamic country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World