Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who do you support?
Palestine 58 28.16%
Israel 148 71.84%
Voters: 206. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2023, 05:30 AM
Status: "Wishing all the best of health and peace!" (set 28 days ago)

43,593 posts, read 44,324,560 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shhon View Post
You're just saying that because you know Israel stole all of Palestine's land! Israel is an autonomous area attached to the State of Palestine!
Israel is a country based on a historical connection as well as a UN vote/resolution. More land was gained due to neighboring Arab countries attacking Israel and losing. Your statement is completely false! There is no State of Palestine and there never has been.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Wadd View Post
What a strange way you have of turning the truth. First of all don't post a youtube link without at least summarizing what the video is about. No one is going to click it (I guess one tried and bailed when he found out it was Al Jazerra). Don't be lazy, put some text to explain the video.

Anyways explaining Israel as an autonomous are "attached" to Palestine defies the reality. Israel is a nation, the "state of Palestine" is defined as those areas of the Levant occupied by Israel (not Israel itself) and autonomously (to some degree) governed by the Palestinian National Authority...i.e. Gaza, West Bank, Golan Heights. Gaza is controlled really by the Hamas terrorist group of course. Of course the international legal status of these occupied territories is in dispute.

Now in using the words "Israel stole all of Palestine", without getting into too much ancient history, in 1949 the borders were established by Israel, Egypt, Jordan, Syria as a result of the 1948 Arab war and the defeat of those Arab nations. Hey when you send in your military with the intention of killing every Jewish man, woman, and child, and lose that war, there are consequences. Blame those Arab countries. Again in 1967's 6 Day War the same thing happened and Sinai, West Bank, and Golam was seized in the act of pushing back Arab forces who were attacking Israel. Such are the fortunes of war. Sinai was later returned to Egypt except for Gaza. And West Bank? That was part of Jordan. Jordan gave up all claims to it, they don't want it. So here we are, but the point of this is to call it "stolen" is an extreme stretch.

I have a question for you. Why aren't the Palestinian's protesting Jordan when they also using your definition "stole" Palestinian lands? Actually, all Arab countries "stole" Palestinian lands by first occupying the lands themselves and then giving them away to Israel after this or that military defeat.
To add to this why aren't the Palestinian Arabs attacking the Jordanian royal family (which is actually from a Saudi Arabian tribe) and demanding that Jordan which is East Palestine (according to the League of Nations British Mandateafter WW1) be controlled by a Palestinian Arab Government? The majority of Jordan's population is Palestinian Arab and its land area is much larger than Israel's! Also why didn't the Palestinian Arabs demand an independent state in the West Bank area when it was controlled by Jordan between 1949-1967?!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2023, 06:07 PM

1,853 posts, read 791,234 times
sad what is happening to the Palestinian people over the past few decades

Old 10-13-2023, 06:13 PM

15,915 posts, read 6,998,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shhon View Post
sad what is happening to the Palestinian people over the past few decades
It is a travesty. Impossible to listen to the news which makes it seem the only suffering is what Israel endures.

Old 10-14-2023, 12:38 AM

2,925 posts, read 1,304,804 times
I support both to have their own land and live in peace but I picked Palestine simply because of how Israel has treated millions of Palestinians the last few decades. As a Christian I have to say I am horrified

Even now Israeli soldiers are killing Palestinian kids for throwing rocks at them in the west Bank. Imagine if in the US police officers just opened up during disturbances like this however this is a daily occurrence not to mention Gaza is the largest open air prison on the planet. They are literally treating Palestinians the way they were treated in Europe before they were sent to concentration camps. Now millions of Palestinians are being told to leave with nowhere to go

Old 10-14-2023, 12:39 AM

8,494 posts, read 3,332,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by basket123 View Post
With these countries being on the news for the past few weeks, who’s side are you taking?
Good to see you didn't make a neutral or I don't know option. Reality is people have to take sides whether they want to or not. That's just the nature of a human conflict that has no clean solution and does not end. Me, I chose Israel.

Old 10-14-2023, 12:43 AM

15,102 posts, read 15,855,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy234 View Post
I support both to have their own land and live in peace but I picked Palestine simply because of how Israel has treated millions of Palestinians the last few decades. As a Christian I have to say I am horrified

Even now Israeli soldiers are killing Palestinian kids for throwing rocks at them in the west Bank. Imagine if in the US police officers just opened up during disturbances like this however this is a daily occurrence not to mention Gaza is the largest open air prison on the planet. They are literally treating Palestinians the way they were treated in Europe before they were sent to concentration camps. Now millions of Palestinians are being told to leave with nowhere to go
Pretty astonishing isn't it.

Good post!

Old 10-14-2023, 02:11 AM

30,608 posts, read 18,175,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy234 View Post

Israel has offered the Palestinians 97% of the West Bank and all of Gaza. By rejecting such terms, Palestinian leadership continuously shows they aren't serious in peace. By electing Hamas, which refuses to acknowledge Israel's existence and wages daily terrorism campaigns against the Israeli state--the Palestinian people have shown that they don't value peace. Contrast this to Egypt, which had the Sinai returned to it (after losing it in its efforts to commit another Holocaust during the 1967 war) after making peace with Israel and acknowledging the Jewish State's right to exist.

Also, rocks are deadly weapons (and that's not the only things these youths are throwing, but things like Molotov cocktails are also being hurled), as is shown here when Israel charged one of its own youths for killing a Palestinian civilian woman by throwing a rock which passed through her cars and struck her in the head: https://www.timesofisrael.com/israel...stinian-woman/ What in the hell do folks expect Israel to do? Note, Israel does not use deadly force against rock throwers that don't pose a threat (e.g. rock throwers who are out of range), but do you seriously expect anyone to not use appropriate force to neutralize deadly force against them?

Old 10-14-2023, 06:18 AM

5,400 posts, read 3,590,986 times
Hamas slaughtered Men, women and children even decapitating Babies, what did the Palestinians expect? Israel to sit back and do nothing? reap what you sow springs to mind.

Old 10-14-2023, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Israel has offered the Palestinians 97% of the West Bank and all of Gaza. By rejecting such terms, Palestinian leadership continuously shows they aren't serious in peace. By electing Hamas, which refuses to acknowledge Israel's existence and wages daily terrorism campaigns against the Israeli state--the Palestinian people have shown that they don't value peace. Contrast this to Egypt, which had the Sinai returned to it (after losing it in its efforts to commit another Holocaust during the 1967 war) after making peace with Israel and acknowledging the Jewish State's right to exist.

Also, rocks are deadly weapons (and that's not the only things these youths are throwing, but things like Molotov cocktails are also being hurled), as is shown here when Israel charged one of its own youths for killing a Palestinian civilian woman by throwing a rock which passed through her cars and struck her in the head: https://www.timesofisrael.com/israel...stinian-woman/ What in the hell do folks expect Israel to do? Note, Israel does not use deadly force against rock throwers that don't pose a threat (e.g. rock throwers who are out of range), but do you seriously expect anyone to not use appropriate force to neutralize deadly force against them?
You do know Hamas weren't elected in the West Bank? Also there was no reports of petrol bombs being thrown but just stones and altercations with Israeli settlers who are also armed.
https://www.timesofisrael.com/2-pale...-in-west-bank/

52 Palestinians have been killed so far in the west Bank in these attacks over the last few days. If throwing stones should get you shot let's see how long western governments last that allow their police force to implement such a tactic. It's barbaric mate and attacks by Israeli settlers and soldiers have been going on for years. Not to mention the unrest only started when Israel imposed restrictions on Palestinians in the west Bank shutting much of it down. They don't have freedom.

As for saying the Palestinian people don't deserve peace by electing Hamas is like saying Americans don't deserve peace because they voted in Presidents that waged the largest wars the middle east has seen for years killing hundreds of thousands of civilians in what it called collateral damage for nothing in return. Al Qaeda's main justification for 9/11 was due to American atrocities in the middle east. Your using THEIR logic to support the same actions against the Palestinians

Since when did savage and barbaric groups like Hamas and Al Qaeda influence the moral principles as to when it's justifiable to commit genocide against innocent civilians? Do you ever think they are just learning from the west? That the ends justifies the means? This is wrong. All of it is wrong and I assure you we will have to answer for it

Old 10-14-2023, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpaul View Post
Hamas slaughtered Men, women and children even decapitating Babies, what did the Palestinians expect? Israel to sit back and do nothing? reap what you sow springs to mind.
Mate are you serious? Surely you know the history of the land you come from? If the world were to live according to this moral standard you would never have been born. The world out of vengeance would have descended upon your land and made it a wasteland for the crimes against millions of people long ago. In fact I wouldn't exist either because if you go far enough back my Nation's history is similar. In fact we ALL would be in the same situation as there is NO people, no nation or tribe that hasn't commited evil against their fellow man. That doesn't mean genocide against civilians is justified.

Civilians are never legitimate targets in war. To say they are is horrifying. What if you were born in Palestine instead of being in the lucky west, how would you feel about westerners calling for your demise simply because of where you were born and who you are?

Last edited by Paddy234; 10-14-2023 at 07:08 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World