Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you recycle and compost everything?
I do recycle everything, but I do not compost organics. 9 26.47%
I only recycle some stuff or do it occasionally. 9 26.47%
I recycle and compost everything. 13 38.24%
I compost organics, but I do not recycle other materials. 1 2.94%
Honestly, I do not recycle anything. 2 5.88%
Where I live we dump trash into rivers by a truck load. 0 0%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2021, 04:26 PM

61,649 posts, read 87,001,838 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtocolumbia View Post
I wonder more than ever, does it take some kind of disorder to recycle everything?
Yes, the disorder is called Save the Planet.

I participate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2021, 05:59 PM

11,974 posts, read 25,462,489 times
Interestingly my die hard Republican grandmother and mother taught me to recycle and that wasting things (especially food) was immoral. They came of age during the Great Depression and had a very different mentality from most modern conservatives. Quite frankly they were more eco friendly that most modern liberals, too. I rise and recycle and metal or plastic item. We have a sewer drain that racoons come up out of at night and any food scraps go to them, including egg shells. Sadly maybe one third of houses on my block ever recycle anything based on the curb on trash day.

Old 01-07-2022, 10:48 AM

3,319 posts, read 1,814,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
Yes, the disorder is called Save the Planet.

I participate.

Studies have shown that most garbage recycling in the US is NOT cost effective, and therefore counterproductive.
IOW, we add more to the problem than we 'solve'.

Like it's also a fun fact (based on the geological record) that global warming epochs have ocurred more times and gotten WAY warmer than the present.
And that we are but midway past the end of the last ice age.
Are we accelerrating what appears to be inevitable?
Most probably.
Can we stop it?
Not very likely.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World