Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2021, 11:35 PM

5,749 posts, read 3,516,219 times

Advertisements

For whatever reason. Mine are Cairo, Manila, Atlanta.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2021, 09:30 PM

4,648 posts, read 4,079,564 times
Las Vegas.
Newark, New Jersey

Everywhere I have been outside of the states has been alright to super. I am not thrilled about Milan, for example, but it has good qualities that I appreciate.

Old 11-19-2021, 09:32 PM

6,378 posts, read 4,750,429 times
New Delhi.

Old 11-21-2021, 06:11 AM

464 posts, read 173,283 times
Houston, because of the absolute insane car centric design. But Austin is trying really hard to catch up to Houston with freeway widening right now.

Old 11-22-2021, 02:47 AM

153 posts, read 106,672 times
Most of Manila was unpleasant.
LA has some nice areas but I don't feel it deserves the world renowned reputation it has, other cities in its "class" like NYC and Paris completely swamp it.
I didn't really enjoy most of Seoul as much as I expected to, it felt like a grittier, dirtier version of Tokyo but with copy paste high rise apartments everywhere and a more "old" feeling. Food was great, though.
Ottawa was somewhat boring compared to nearby Montreal and Toronto.

Old 11-22-2021, 05:44 PM

11,054 posts, read 16,747,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by indigorunner View Post
LA has some nice areas but I don't feel it deserves the world renowned reputation it has, other cities in its "class" like NYC and Paris completely swamp it.
Paris is lovely, but I would take LA 1000x over NYC. I honestly think that LA deserves a lot more respect than it gets (nowadays it's more commonly derided as the epicenter of American media and entertainment, than praised for anything else).

Old 11-23-2021, 08:38 AM

11,953 posts, read 7,701,281 times
Brussels- Dirty, bland, and uncomfortable.
Springfield MA- For a state as wealthy, posh and desirable as MA.. wtf is Springfield...

Old 11-23-2021, 09:49 AM

910 posts, read 360,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 415_s2k View Post
Paris is lovely, but I would take LA 1000x over NYC. I honestly think that LA deserves a lot more respect than it gets (nowadays it's more commonly derided as the epicenter of American media and entertainment, than praised for anything else).
Exactly! I would take Los Angeles over NYC, in a New York minute! I live in Orange County, but go into the city for Dodgers games at "The Ravine", Lakers and Kings games Downtown, and Rams and Chargers games at magnificent Sofi Stadium. Also LA has great restaurants, night clubs, theatre, museums, nature parks, beaches, mountains, big events, and of course the best weather, of any large city in the world. Why would I want to live in NYC, so I can ride on the subway every day, with a bunch of people? I like the comfort of my own car. This whole density thing is so over rated, on city data. I enjoy visiting these dense cities, and always have a good time, but I wouldn't live in NYC, London, or Paris.

Old 11-23-2021, 10:37 AM

26,866 posts, read 13,088,379 times
I try to find positives in most places, there are however some grim post Soviet cities in parts of the Eastern Bloc, whilst Russia also has it's share.

Other third world, post industrial and highly polluted cities would make most people list.

Whilst cities with authoritarian governments or high levels of corruption and crime would also not be pleasant places to visit.

In terms of places like LA or Paris or NYC or London, apart from being expensive they are fantastic cities, and most places in the West do not come close to those grim run down former communist enclaves, authoritarian dictatorships or cities with third world levels of poverty, of which there are plenty.

Old 11-23-2021, 10:50 AM

910 posts, read 360,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
I try to find positives in most places, there are however some grim post Soviet cities in parts of the Eastern Bloc, whilst Russia also has it's share.

Other third world, post industrial and highly polluted cities would make most people list.

Whilst cities with authoritarian governments or high levels of corruption and crime would also not be pleasant places to visit.

In terms of places like LA or Paris or NYC or London, apart from being expensive they are fantastic cities, and most places in the West do not come close to those grim run down former communist enclaves, authoritarian dictatorships or cities with third world levels of poverty, of which there are plenty.
Another great post by you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World