Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2008, 07:41 AM

131 posts, read 445,767 times

Advertisements

Any feed back on the easiest countries to obtain work papers? I speak Spanish and my wife is Colombian so that comes to mind first, second is Panama. I would much prefer Spain (Barcelona in particular) or Italy, however the idea of getting through the process of work permission in European Union Countries seems prohibitive. Just how difficult is it or can it be? If you did accomplish it where did you begin your quest? Will or can a US Embassy help? Should I assume you can obtain permission while still residing in US?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2008, 10:36 AM

281 posts, read 1,373,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Saint View Post
If you did accomplish it where did you begin your quest? Will or can a US Embassy help? Should I assume you can obtain permission while still residing in US?
I'd start at the spanish immigration office...

Ministerio de Trabajo e Inmigración: Página Principal

Old 05-19-2008, 11:17 AM

1,669 posts, read 6,214,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Saint View Post
Will or can a US Embassy help?
U.S. Embassies are for U.S. related paperwork and issues, not to help you with foreign visas. Contact an Embassy of the country you are trying to work in.

Old 05-21-2008, 09:39 AM

59 posts, read 376,601 times
The US embassy will never help with this type of situation. I am assuming you are a US passport holder??? My advice, living many years overseas and various countries, is work with your wife's passport. She is Colombian and that will either help her (trying to "leave" Colombia) or that will be a huge deterant, to many. She will have a better shot at Spain than you do if they do not have the quota filled. Panama may be difficult for her - I lived there. Panamanians see too many Colombians and it will be hard for her to become legal, not impossible, but very difficult. What are looking to do?? Bogota is very nice and is way safer these days. It has a European flair, lots of culture, nice climate, etc. Far more nicer and more sophisticated than Panama. Better pay as well if you are a professional or entrepenuer - way larger client base.

Old 05-23-2008, 01:27 AM

79 posts, read 386,616 times
This question is much too generalized for an answer. It depends on your citizenship and your profession. Europe is pretty easy for American citizens in academic professions. So is Mexico. But the picture looks completely different if you happen to be a bus driver. And so on.

Old 05-23-2008, 02:14 PM
edk

95 posts, read 542,608 times
If you're Jewish, Israel, of course. You have a right to live and work there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World