Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2022, 02:10 AM

9 posts, read 5,396 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
A Chinese passport isn't even worth the paper it's printed on. That's why Chinese are paying millions of dollars for Golden Passports.

Without doing better research I would probably go with Japan, USA, EU, and Russia. A Russian passport isn't great, but it's better than a Chinese passport, and would probably get you into most of those Eastern Block countries.
The problem is that China is not visa-free for most countries .It's hard to get into China with an American passport and a Russian passport.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2022, 06:16 AM

30,636 posts, read 18,227,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lishiming View Post
The problem is that China is not visa-free for most countries .It's hard to get into China with an American passport and a Russian passport.
Since when? The VISA process to get into China may not be "on arrival" or free, but I didn't find it cumbersome either.

Old 12-01-2022, 05:03 PM

15,420 posts, read 9,078,700 times
Quote:
Yeah, but a Russian passport gets you into 119 countries. A Chinese passport gets you into just 80. Those 80 are just random Third World countries, that pretty much anybody can visit.

It is true that Americans and Russians both require visas to visit China. But there are more exceptions for Russians. For example Russians don't need a visa for 30 days when visiting China as part of a tour group. That option is not available for Americans.

One plus for a Chinese passport over a Russian passport. At least Chinese are not totally banned from visiting any countries. Which is becoming a problem for Russians trying to visit the EU. Russians living in the Kaliningrad Oblast can't travel any direction by land. They have to come and go by air or sea.

Old 12-02-2022, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
Yeah, but a Russian passport gets you into 119 countries. A Chinese passport gets you into just 80. Those 80 are just random Third World countries, that pretty much anybody can visit.

It is true that Americans and Russians both require visas to visit China. But there are more exceptions for Russians. For example Russians don't need a visa for 30 days when visiting China as part of a tour group. That option is not available for Americans.

One plus for a Chinese passport over a Russian passport. At least Chinese are not totally banned from visiting any countries. Which is becoming a problem for Russians trying to visit the EU. Russians living in the Kaliningrad Oblast can't travel any direction by land. They have to come and go by air or sea.
You can buy an American passport with money.I have lived in Japan for 10 to 20 years. I can also get a Japanese permanent residence permit.Most developed countries in the world can get any passport as long as I have money.So their passports themselves are worthless.Chinese passport even if you are rich Even American born Chinese do not acquire Chinese nationality. If you don't have a passport You don't get a lot of benefits from China when you are in China, because you will always be an outsider。You have an American British passport. You may not be able to enter North Korea, Iran and Iraq.Many Middle Eastern countries. Many of them don't like Westerners。

Old 12-03-2022, 05:55 AM

30,636 posts, read 18,227,675 times
Quote:
You can buy an American passport with money.I have lived in Japan for 10 to 20 years. I can also get a Japanese permanent residence permit.Most developed countries in the world can get any passport as long as I have money.So their passports themselves are worthless.Chinese passport even if you are rich Even American born Chinese do not acquire Chinese nationality. If you don't have a passport You don't get a lot of benefits from China when you are in China, because you will always be an outsider。You have an American British passport. You may not be able to enter North Korea, Iran and Iraq.Many Middle Eastern countries. Many of them don't like Westerners。
How in the world does that make a passport "worthless?"

Old 12-03-2022, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
How in the world does that make a passport "worthless?"
For example .You can find a beautiful woman with money .But some women can't buy her love with money。 People from any country can get American passports.So the real value of the American passport is less. If a passport can be bought with money, its value to me is very low. It looks gorgeous, just like a beautiful woman。
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World