Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2009, 04:41 PM

871 posts, read 1,624,543 times

Advertisements

^unfortunately, there are people who believe that 'taste' is not subjective but is some concrete fact. pretty imbecilic and that's why you have threads similar to these.

it would be different if it was more concrete such as 'who are the tallest people on average?' or something of that nature. i know men who prefer petite women and find them more attractive etc so that's why what someone finds hot is very subjective.

Old 12-01-2009, 08:18 PM

895 posts, read 2,359,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Asia is so diverse. I think the OP was more referring to East/SE Asians, which fit the 'oriental mould.' Some Asians like Middle Easterners have larger eyes than Europeans, while of course Japanese will have smaller ones. Body shapes vary alot within Asian too, of course, but shorter statures are generally more common from Turkey to Japan.
So why do I have such big eyes then? Japanese average height today is about same as southern europeans. French only average 1 inch taller than Japanese, Portuguese .5 inch. South koreans are actually taller than portuguese and same height as french.

Old 12-02-2009, 11:04 AM

10 posts, read 26,289 times
definately Europe

Old 12-17-2009, 11:15 AM

5,463 posts, read 9,594,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NihonKitty View Post
So why do I have such big eyes then? Japanese average height today is about same as southern europeans. French only average 1 inch taller than Japanese, Portuguese .5 inch. South koreans are actually taller than portuguese and same height as french.
I agree with your point. People of particular races or from particular country have plenty of variation. The reason some people have stereotyped views probably comes from too much time spent watching old movies and reading old comic books. If some people actually spent any time in other countries instead of relying on preconceived notions and imagination, maybe they'd have a different point of view about what's real and what isn't. That doesn't mean a person can't have their own personal preference between European and Asians, but it doesn't mean one is better than the other. Preference as to who's attractive and who isn't is strictly a matter of personal opinion, and that's okay. Regardless, attractive stunners can be found anywhere on the planet.

Old 12-17-2009, 09:33 PM

129 posts, read 492,024 times
I feel really grossed out by non-Asian guys who think Asian women are hot. Not that I'm against interracial dating or anything...I'm just against guys with yellow-fever. When I read the posts by people who said Asian girls are ugly, I gave them reputation points and thought "Thank you. You are cool".

But then again, I am being hypocritical because I am attracted to a certain type of guy also. I guess everyone has preferences, I just don't like it when people have preferences for Asians, just because that's me. It makes me feel objectified.

Old 12-17-2009, 09:47 PM

1,264 posts, read 3,848,723 times
It is subjective and inconclusive, but for the fun of it I'll chip in my 0.02 cents.
Ask any Asians what they think of the Asian-other-half of the mixed couple. Everyone will be happy.

Old 12-18-2009, 12:19 AM

17 posts, read 90,964 times
should this really be asked? European women of course

Old 12-18-2009, 02:05 AM

152 posts, read 220,160 times
Are u joking ? European with no doubt !

Old 12-18-2009, 08:00 AM

3,754 posts, read 5,270,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aek11 View Post
I feel really grossed out by non-Asian guys who think Asian women are hot. Not that I'm against interracial dating or anything...I'm just against guys with yellow-fever. When I read the posts by people who said Asian girls are ugly, I gave them reputation points and thought "Thank you. You are cool".

But then again, I am being hypocritical because I am attracted to a certain type of guy also. I guess everyone has preferences, I just don't like it when people have preferences for Asians, just because that's me. It makes me feel objectified.
Oh, are you Asian?? Can I have your phone number?? How about a photo?? Wow, this is so cool; so like, can you speak Chinese or something??

Hahahaha.....preference doesn't have to mean objectification.

Sheeesh....

Old 12-18-2009, 03:50 PM

129 posts, read 492,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teak View Post

Hahahaha.....preference doesn't have to mean objectification.

hahah, yeah i know. that's why i said, i have certain preferences too so i do the exact same thing. Technically, there's no difference between preferring a certain race, to preferring certain personality traits, facial features, height, or whatever. They're all just preferences. Preferences don't have to mean objectification, but in this case, it often does. I just cannot help feeling annoyed and icked-out.

But seriously all you hear these days is "Asians girls are hot" "Asian girls are good in bed" "Asian girls are feisty" "Asian girls are out of my league". The way people talk about Asians here...you would be annoyed too. I often feel like guys go for Asian girls, just because they're Asian...no other reason.

Recently, i was at a club with some people, including this one other Asian girl. And this guy came up to a couple of the guys in our group, and he asked them "Are you guys with the Asian girls? Because if not, I'll take whichever one you're not with". So I just made fun of him for having an Asian fetish and eventually he went away. I don't care if a guy likes an Asian girl for who she is. I do care when a guy likes any and all Asian girls just cuz they're Asian. Sorry but, a huge pet-peeve of mine.

But Like I said, I'm being a hypocrite because I only like a certain-"group" of guys too. haha. I just don't like it when it's done to me!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World