Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2009, 03:41 PM

3,162 posts, read 11,436,860 times

Advertisements

Brazil is a true melting pot, you have all the races and all mix!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2009, 12:51 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,556,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebeard View Post
Why is it disturbing and why would it be necessary? Was that some sort of weird joke?
Yes...it WAS 'some sort of weird joke', on what I consider a sort of 'weird thread'. As a member of a family that's pretty well 'miscegnated' myself, I find this thread similar to asking "which countries have the most criminals ?" or "which countries have the most reliable people ?"...or "which country is the most reasonable ?".

Miscegnation? I suppose it's rather high in Brazil, California, Hawaii, and Mexico.....and rather low in Iceland, Korea, North Dakota, and Haiti....but so what?

Kind of a 'strange' subject (one wonders why it would be brought up), for which my comment was a 'weird joke'....

Old 01-23-2009, 12:55 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
some races dont mix well with others. vikings were not good mixers. they were violent and liked to keep to themselves. self perception was im very cool. they really hated others and liked to hurt them. they were very envious of the wealth and prosperity of others. they did lots of home invasions. the indians in canada figured out they did not like arrows very much. last time i checked the indians in canada are not suffering from massive collective guilt about this discovery.

Old 01-23-2009, 01:47 PM

2,450 posts, read 5,602,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
Yes...it WAS 'some sort of weird joke', on what I consider a sort of 'weird thread'. As a member of a family that's pretty well 'miscegnated' myself, I find this thread similar to asking "which countries have the most criminals ?" or "which countries have the most reliable people ?"...or "which country is the most reasonable ?".

Miscegnation? I suppose it's rather high in Brazil, California, Hawaii, and Mexico.....and rather low in Iceland, Korea, North Dakota, and Haiti....but so what?

Kind of a 'strange' subject (one wonders why it would be brought up), for which my comment was a 'weird joke'....
Hey my family is like yours. Just didn't know how to take it from someone I didn't know. The joke didn't exactly come across in forum-context. You could well have been disturbed because you were a racial supremacist.
Chill daddio.

Old 01-23-2009, 01:49 PM

2,450 posts, read 5,602,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
some races dont mix well with others. vikings were not good mixers. they were violent and liked to keep to themselves. self perception was im very cool. they really hated others and liked to hurt them. they were very envious of the wealth and prosperity of others. they did lots of home invasions. the indians in canada figured out they did not like arrows very much. last time i checked the indians in canada are not suffering from massive collective guilt about this discovery.
Well, they didn't nearly exterminate a native population? Also, its not collective guilt. Whites in my friends and family don't feel guilty. They weren't around, what did they have to do with it. It's just history.

Old 01-28-2009, 06:19 PM

93,350 posts, read 123,972,828 times
Actually, 30% of White Americans have recent African ancestry in their background. So, the US is more mixed than people realize. 75-80% of the genes of African Americans are African too. There are Native American groups like the Lumbee, Seminoles and the Ramapo Mountain Indians with both White and Black ancestry. Actually, Seminole is a take off of a Spanish term that means runaway. So, there has been way more mixing in the US than people know. I'm not even going to get on the Hispanic population here on those terms.

Check this stuff out:https://kb.osu.edu/dspace/bitstream/...V58N03_155.pdf

http://pmsol3.wordpress.com/2007/07/25/13-white-americans-have-recent-black-ancestry/ (broken link)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lumbee

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seminole

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ramapo_Mountain_Indians

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/04/06/ma...n-essay-t.html

http://www.bigissueground.com/histor...esidents.shtml

http://www.geocities.com/cureworks1/5blkpres.htm

http://stewartsynopsis.com/Black_presidents.htm

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08036/854713-51.stm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melungeon

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melungeon#Similar_groups

and much more........

Last edited by ckhthankgod; 01-28-2009 at 06:49 PM..

Old 01-29-2009, 03:28 PM

3,196 posts, read 5,397,549 times
The only nations that have a lot of racial mixing are those nations that allow men and women to live together.

The nations that do not allow men and women to cohabitate, have no concerns with Miscegenation.

Old 01-31-2009, 11:38 PM

1,327 posts, read 2,606,127 times
Honestly race don't exist, it is more a social thing than a scientific thing. Black/white mixed race is viex as black or mixed race in North American and Europe or as white or mixed race in Africa.

There is a large interracial mixing in France.
White/Black, White/Arab, Black/Arab, White/Asian and Black/Asian are very common in France big cities. (less in small cities because these are less diverse, France is something like 85% white).

Old 02-01-2009, 03:44 AM

814 posts, read 2,307,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post

it's interesting that even today, you can often sense that same streak or characteristic in many people that are racist.

they seem very bitter, sinister, resentful and negatively competitive most of all. there may not be any real reason for it except genetics. the natural predator and competitive drive. you notice a trend like that on forums such as stormfront, even amongst the so-called less radical. there is a distinct lack of real humanity toward anyone outside of their group or ego identity and any gesture of humanity is a mere extension of further alleviating an ego of less than stellar behavior. but more importantly it's all around you in society. they are the kind of people that are suffocating with a weird combination of overtly sterile mixed with dark degeneracy. A literal stick up their you know what. They have very boring and narrow perceptions, as well as narrow tastes. ugh

i, for one, think it's a degenerate characteristic. these people tend to be too boring, too strict, too stuck in their ways, too conservativen(usually hypocritically) and very hard-nosed needlessly over everything and quite jealous. it's a very shallow power trip. they have to be derogatory to anything and everything they feel is unlike their 'clan' to bolster their ego and identity.

mind you, this racist or derogatory streak can be found in all races and it's very selfishly ego-motivated. it's not even a let-live dislike, it's mean and conspiratorial. but i have to admit, i find this more predominant in the caucasian race than any other, though there are these types of people in every class and race. I find it intriguing there is a common thread that runs through them all, which is laughable, because they could be of different races. what's even more interesting is they outwardly may be or think they are against eachother but they rarely run into eachother for the sake of mutual dislike. is it coincidence or nature? i think latter.

this goes back to the deeper issue of nonrace because though people think they may dislike others due to race or even cultural differences, it runs much deeper than that. from what i've observed, it's more 'types' of people that is more accurate than 'race'. for instance, i could meet one of my own 'race' that is actually inherently against or contrary to my core values yet meet someone of another race that holds the same. you find so-called good or bad that comprise a demographic and even within these categories their are types. humans do not have labels to categorize themselves that accurately and i have none labels because they don't exist, even those these 'types' definitely do exist. i'v seen a trend of certain types of people all my life. unfortunately, the labels society have come up with are too shallow, erroneous or too broad-brushed such as sociopaths etc, to take an example, among my blood relatives there are groups that identify with eachother strongly and are truly family(not necessarily meaning they are good) and those they don't. what i noticed is, there is definitely a common personality or deep character similarity to them. this is something that is understood on an intutive level but rarely spoken of in society. WHY? because people are in control and they don't want to indict themselves and they want to fit in society,even if their life is a lie. there are tons of imposters in the world. those that have a facade of a good citizen but are doing horrendous acts or are less than honorable behind closed doors. this is the MAJORITY lie of society. see? yet, there are those who these ideals are based on are real people and exist. so who knows who is who? you really don't, only those of your intimate company.

for instance, two pedophiles will probably agree with eachother on that issue and could be a core personality or even value trait whereas and be of two different 'races' and support eachother, even though superficially they may have points of contention or be of different races. see?

so those who are the traditional racists are a 'type' and 'breed' of thier own because they are very similar in what motivates them and in their personalities and outlook. it's as if they have the same signature and i believe it could be partially due to genetics, positive or negative.

why i say this is because from my observations of human nature, traditional racists value everyone and anyone from their own 'race', even though the fact is it is really skin deep because they may be totally different from you on the inside, and i mean to the core.

is it delusion on their part? partly yes and partly no, because there are many of them that have the SAME views and they will find eachother and perpetuate it.

your real 'types' are not race as so much as spiritual essence. any human knows they look for those who are 'soulmates' per say in friendships to marriage and those people may not necessarily all be of your race.

that's the fallacy of race and prejudice.

Last edited by leaana; 02-01-2009 at 04:19 AM..

Old 02-01-2009, 09:06 AM

3,210 posts, read 4,613,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leaana View Post
it's interesting that even today, you can often sense that same streak or characteristic in many people that are racist.

they seem very bitter, sinister, resentful and negatively competitive most of all. there may not be any real reason for it except genetics. the natural predator and competitive drive. you notice a trend like that on forums such as stormfront, even amongst the so-called less radical. there is a distinct lack of real humanity toward anyone outside of their group or ego identity and any gesture of humanity is a mere extension of further alleviating an ego of less than stellar behavior. but more importantly it's all around you in society. they are the kind of people that are suffocating with a weird combination of overtly sterile mixed with dark degeneracy. A literal stick up their you know what. They have very boring and narrow perceptions, as well as narrow tastes. ugh

i, for one, think it's a degenerate characteristic. these people tend to be too boring, too strict, too stuck in their ways, too conservativen(usually hypocritically) and very hard-nosed needlessly over everything and quite jealous. it's a very shallow power trip. they have to be derogatory to anything and everything they feel is unlike their 'clan' to bolster their ego and identity.

mind you, this racist or derogatory streak can be found in all races and it's very selfishly ego-motivated. it's not even a let-live dislike, it's mean and conspiratorial. but i have to admit, i find this more predominant in the caucasian race than any other, though there are these types of people in every class and race. I find it intriguing there is a common thread that runs through them all, which is laughable, because they could be of different races. what's even more interesting is they outwardly may be or think they are against eachother but they rarely run into eachother for the sake of mutual dislike. is it coincidence or nature? i think latter.

this goes back to the deeper issue of nonrace because though people think they may dislike others due to race or even cultural differences, it runs much deeper than that. from what i've observed, it's more 'types' of people that is more accurate than 'race'. for instance, i could meet one of my own 'race' that is actually inherently against or contrary to my core values yet meet someone of another race that holds the same. you find so-called good or bad that comprise a demographic and even within these categories their are types. humans do not have labels to categorize themselves that accurately and i have none labels because they don't exist, even those these 'types' definitely do exist. i'v seen a trend of certain types of people all my life. unfortunately, the labels society have come up with are too shallow, erroneous or too broad-brushed such as sociopaths etc, to take an example, among my blood relatives there are groups that identify with eachother strongly and are truly family(not necessarily meaning they are good) and those they don't. what i noticed is, there is definitely a common personality or deep character similarity to them. this is something that is understood on an intutive level but rarely spoken of in society. WHY? because people are in control and they don't want to indict themselves and they want to fit in society,even if their life is a lie. there are tons of imposters in the world. those that have a facade of a good citizen but are doing horrendous acts or are less than honorable behind closed doors. this is the MAJORITY lie of society. see? yet, there are those who these ideals are based on are real people and exist. so who knows who is who? you really don't, only those of your intimate company.

for instance, two pedophiles will probably agree with eachother on that issue and could be a core personality or even value trait whereas and be of two different 'races' and support eachother, even though superficially they may have points of contention or be of different races. see?

so those who are the traditional racists are a 'type' and 'breed' of thier own because they are very similar in what motivates them and in their personalities and outlook. it's as if they have the same signature and i believe it could be partially due to genetics, positive or negative.

why i say this is because from my observations of human nature, traditional racists value everyone and anyone from their own 'race', even though the fact is it is really skin deep because they may be totally different from you on the inside, and i mean to the core.

is it delusion on their part? partly yes and partly no, because there are many of them that have the SAME views and they will find eachother and perpetuate it.

your real 'types' are not race as so much as spiritual essence. any human knows they look for those who are 'soulmates' per say in friendships to marriage and those people may not necessarily all be of your race.

that's the fallacy of race and prejudice.
Alot of it is reminisances from our predator society. Hyper-masculenity tends to warp the mind into seeing "enemies" everywhere.

As far as "Whites" being more this way, I don't agree. I agree whites can be more racial, but in Asia, the focus is ethnic, in Blacks, it seems to be more about class. So each society has it's throny point.

As someone of mixed race, it can be a beautiful thing. But so is monoracial. Everyone is beautiful. Is it racist to go to Africa and enjoy being immersed in "Blackness"? What about Sweden and Blondes? I would hate for us all to be one color....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World