Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2007, 11:14 AM

1,397 posts, read 4,836,386 times

Advertisements

Serbia is the most beautiful country in the world. Breathtaking places, lots of greenery, and just all the hospitality of the people is irreplaceable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2009, 08:19 AM

2 posts, read 7,894 times
AUSTRALIA.......
Friendly and happiest people on earth. Very welcoming, laid back.
Great lifestyle for the young, old, families, singles.
All terrains and environments - cities, country (outback), desert, rainforests, BEACHES (best in the world).
Quality of life, affordability, safe, stable
the list is endless........

Old 03-08-2009, 08:28 AM

16,558 posts, read 17,328,949 times
I love the UK providing I stay out of the majority of large cities. It is so varied and, unlike the USA which is also my favourite, possible to see variations in the scenery over a short distance of travelling.

The problem with the UK is that it is so over crowded

Old 03-08-2009, 08:56 AM

2,975 posts, read 8,094,820 times
I love my own country, Scotland its not overcrowed, has immense natural beauty from the Highlands to the lowlands, castles to modern buildings from small country villages to modern bustling cosmopolitan cities...only thing that i dislike is our weather.

I also love Spain especially Mallorca, the culture, beaches, climate, food the people its a lovely relaxing atmosphere there. I could get used to the laid back lifestyle.

Another special country is Italy: The birthplace of my Gran. Sorrento is just breathtaking, the food is to die for, the whole attitude there is just awesome. I'm going back to Italy in 3 weeks to Tuscany

And finally, the U.S.A the birthplace of my fiance. I love the American culture, the food, and the hunting.

Old 03-09-2009, 08:06 PM

74 posts, read 124,962 times
Canada (Of course I wouldn't live here if it wasn't awesome) Sweden, Denmark are both sweeeettt

Old 03-09-2009, 11:00 PM

841 posts, read 2,256,099 times
France

Old 03-10-2009, 12:52 AM

15,798 posts, read 21,314,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallstreet1986 View Post
The USA - no comparisons, no quips, no substitutes

If you are American and believe otherwise feel free to visit the DDay beaches in Normandy or the Somme, visit warzones in Vietnam. Spend a year abroad and feel how happy you are to see the American flag and meet some fellow Americans.

Yeah I love America.
I have spent the year abroad and I don't feel any of that at all! If anything, I feel annoyed when I see other Americans who aren't giving it their all to live like the natives in the country they are in. Not to mention the sheer volume, pitch, and rhythm coming out of their mouths. It's so jarring and it takes time living in a different country to realize just HOW annoying it can be.

My favorite country by far is Iceland with Scotland and France coming in behind. I feel like I truly should have been born in Iceland- though granted I lived there before the economy and government fell. Even the smallest of towns had superb educational standards, a polyglot population, and a deep sense of national pride. It was interesting to see national pride in a way that one can ACTUALLY be proud of and happy to see- I just don't feel that with the American brand of pride, nor that of many other countries.

I adored Edinburgh. The city has an energy like nowhere else- and as someone who has lived in London, Mexico City, and Boston, that's saying something. While I wouldn't want to live in the Highlands, they're wonderful to visit. Everyone in Scotland was very friendly and willing to strike up a chat over drinks and the scenery was breathtaking.

I just got back from France and am shocked at the misconceptions Americans seem to have about the French. Only in a few places that I've traveled have I met such genuinely friendly, helpful people! I'm not just talking people in the tourist industry but also people I met in cafes and at the hotel as well. I only ran into a few people who didn't speak either English or Spanish which was nice since my French is rusty and very basic, but since I always made such a concerted effort to speak French, people were more than happy to help me out with grammar and vocabulary if I needed it.

I don't know about other people, but living and traveling abroad have made it very difficult for me to bare the thought of returning to the United States. I still love New England where I go to university and most of my friends and family are, but my parents live in Georgia (where I also grew up) which previously was just tolerable. Now it's an absolutely dreadful prospect.

Old 03-14-2009, 04:42 PM

51 posts, read 97,588 times
I've only been to US, Cuba, UK and Holland.

Holland was my favorite!

Old 03-14-2009, 04:46 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,356,384 times
The US is my favorite and after that it would probably be a close tie between Indonesia and the Dominican Republic

Old 03-28-2009, 10:35 PM

2,783 posts, read 6,655,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
What's so special with Israel? I dont' see anything special about there unless you are Jewish and it has religious significance to you. My friend spent a year in Tel Aviv and showed me pictures....beautiful place, yes, but not much different than San Diego or Hononlulu.
For me it's the historical/religious significance, the stunning variety of topography, the diversity, the vibrancy, the contrasts, all wrapped up in such a tiny amount of space.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World