Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city would you rather live in: Amsterdam, Liverpool, Philadelphia, Singapore, Valparaiso, or M
Amsterdam 26 50.98%
Liverpool 9 17.65%
Philadelphia 14 27.45%
Singapore 11 21.57%
Valparaiso 9 17.65%
Melbourne 18 35.29%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2013, 07:44 AM

5,802 posts, read 11,848,319 times

Advertisements

I don't understand why there are 17 votes for Amsterdam, that chilly dark flat crowded Northern city . OK the Dutch speak generally a good English, it's a positive, but not enough in my book.
My vote :
1. Melborne
2. Valpairaiso
3. Philly
4. Singapore
5. Amsterdam
6. Liverpool
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2013, 11:18 AM

6 posts, read 12,927 times
I don't no why Liverpool is on this list. It doesn't really fit in with the other cities.

Old 04-22-2013, 12:20 PM

27,427 posts, read 28,498,647 times
For me, this is really between Amsterdam and Philadelphia. Singapore and Melbourne are too far from where I want to be.

And the main problem with Philadelphia is that there's a much more interesting city less than a 2-hour drive to its northeast.

Old 04-27-2013, 01:08 PM

5,052 posts, read 13,890,745 times
Amsterdam, Singapore, Melbourne, and Valparaiso in this exact order are cities I know I would enjoy living in.

I have nothing against Philadelphia, and I actually liked my visit there, but I just wouldn’t live there, and just not exactly my scene. My view for Liverpool is similar to Philadelphia.

I didn’t consider Valparaiso Central Chile before, but the amazing photos I have seen recently for that area of Chile completely changed my opinions for this area of Chile, and this is certainly the most surprising and exotic out of these city options.

Some people believe Amsterdam and Singapore are entirely polar opposite from each other, but they are probably not as different from each other as how some people perceive them to be. I would say the most obvious difference between Amsterdam and Singapore are in architecture, politics, perception in partying/nightlife form of entertainment, people scene, and some of lifestyle. However, their international role in the world, cosmopolitan diversity, cultural wealth, and economic prominence, is kind of similar and not so different.

Melbourne is the best city in Australia for plenty of reasons, and other Australian cities should try to copy Melbourne and become another version of Melbourne.

Old 04-28-2013, 01:46 PM

168 posts, read 364,043 times
Amsterdam

Old 04-29-2013, 03:56 PM

274 posts, read 469,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ******* View Post
Amsterdam, Singapore, Melbourne, and Valparaiso in this exact order are cities I know I would enjoy living in.

I have nothing against Philadelphia, and I actually liked my visit there, but I just wouldn’t live there, and just not exactly my scene. My view for Liverpool is similar to Philadelphia.

I didn’t consider Valparaiso Central Chile before, but the amazing photos I have seen recently for that area of Chile completely changed my opinions for this area of Chile, and this is certainly the most surprising and exotic out of these city options.

Some people believe Amsterdam and Singapore are entirely polar opposite from each other, but they are probably not as different from each other as how some people perceive them to be. I would say the most obvious difference between Amsterdam and Singapore are in architecture, politics, perception in partying/nightlife form of entertainment, people scene, and some of lifestyle. However, their international role in the world, cosmopolitan diversity, cultural wealth, and economic prominence, is kind of similar and not so different.

Melbourne is the best city in Australia for plenty of reasons, and other Australian cities should try to copy Melbourne and become another version of Melbourne.
I totally agree

Old 04-29-2013, 06:44 PM

1,707 posts, read 2,977,864 times
Amsterdam due to the city's incredible bicycling culture.

Philly would be my second choice

Old 04-30-2013, 01:09 PM

59 posts, read 123,320 times
Philadelphia does not belong on this list...Philadelphia is not a desirable world city to live in (Philly native speaking here).

Old 04-30-2013, 01:51 PM

2,430 posts, read 5,566,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyNYC90 View Post
Philadelphia does not belong on this list...Philadelphia is not a desirable world city to live in (Philly native speaking here).
Poor Philadelphia -- it rarely makes any "top" lists. I've already lived there -- once was enough!

My pick (London) didn't make the list, so I'll go with Amsterdam. It's the only other one on the list that I've been to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World