Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2011, 12:16 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,648,279 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Blood View Post
Most of the time I can tell Hispanics and Italians apart even if the Hispanic is lightskin, because even a lot of lightskin Hispanics have high cheekbones and almond shaped eyes due to Native American admixture. Italians don't have almond shaped eyes and high cheekbones.
Some Hispanics don't have Amerindian mixture.

Old 05-17-2011, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venezuelan View Post
Even Elvis Presley was a Mestizo (european+amerindian)
Mestizo US nationals tend to deny their amerindian genes when the census takes place.

There is 1 state that is very european and thats New England. I am not saying White since White in the usa could be any multiracial light skinned Joe with North African, Middle Eastern, or European blood. I am saying European because New England is 97 percent populated by European ethnic groups.

Have you ever been to New England? It's not a state, btw..........

Old 05-17-2011, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venezuelan View Post
Cubans were the last colony to cut ties with Spain. Cubans are basically Caribbean European Spanish with a minority of Africans.

Dominican Republic is multiracial.

Puerto Rico ...well... when I visited there I saw the people a lot lighter skinned than JLO.
Africans (black, mulatto, zambo, triracial) are definitely the majority in Cuba. Especially since 1959.

Old 05-17-2011, 06:37 PM

278 posts, read 621,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Have you ever been to New England? It's not a state, btw..........
I meant Maine.

98 percent European

Old 05-19-2011, 04:44 AM

1,675 posts, read 2,839,625 times
Spaniards and Italians are similar

Some Latin Americans mostly in South America have Italian ancestry

U.S latinos? I don't think so.... most are Americanized Mexican and puerto ricans, maybe they are similar to Italian Americans in some ways.... I don't know.

Old 05-19-2011, 02:09 PM

199 posts, read 365,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
There was an old joke that an Italian is a Puerto Rican with a job. Now don't you all go flogging me at once now.
I'll have to remember that when I sit my Puerto Rican behind in my classic Mercedes 6.9 and drive to Charleston to take my daughter and son-in-law to Isle-of-Palms to play and Hyman's for dinner this weekend, loser.

Old 05-19-2011, 02:22 PM

199 posts, read 365,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestWillow View Post
If the similarities feel good and comfortable to you, then you have some very nice Italian friends.
Some of my mother's family came here from Spain and my best friend is Italian.
Many people believe that the languages are similar, but Italian was quite a bit more difficult for me than Spanish. Some words in Italian are spelled the same way in Spanish but have entirely different meanings. Gotta be careful!
America really is "the melting pot" of the world. My mother's family had to wait in line with all of the correct paperwork, while my father's family had always been here. His great grandfather was Native American.
So true on the language, I spent a summer with a friend from Maranello in San Juan and in the course of practicing the Italian she taught me, said a sentence with the Italian word for ear in it, which made us both break out in laughter, as my mispronounciation made it sound like something else in both Italian and Spanish (anno means ear, ano means, well you know...).

Old 05-19-2011, 03:09 PM

4 posts, read 7,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by italiano4 View Post
yes im italian and me and my whole family prefer to be called latin over white any day take a look at mexico spain italia brazil cuba and all the other latin countries and look for similarities i bet your going to find alot now as for our language well its damn near the same as spanish like people from portugal only thing is that we italians from italia can speak speak spanish and italian due to how similar the language is hope this helps you
I wonder why you and your whole family prefer to be called Latin over white much better!

Old 05-19-2011, 03:29 PM

950 posts, read 1,515,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Ever seen Mario Balotelli?
Both of Mario Balotelli's parents are from Ghana. So he is obviously not ethnically Italian like Silvio Berlusconi who's both parents were born and raised in Italy.

Mario Balotelli is about as native to Italy as Charlize Theron is native to South Africa. I am sure most Black South Africans do not consider Charlize Theron to be one of their people, just like I am sure most White Italians do not consider Mario Balotelli to be one of their people.

Old 05-19-2011, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Blood View Post
Both of Mario Balotelli's parents are from Ghana. So he is obviously not ethnically Italian like Silvio Berlusconi who's both parents were born and raised in Italy.

Mario Balotelli is about as native to Italy as Charlize Theron is native to South Africa. I am sure most Black South Africans do not consider Charlize Theron to be one of their people, just like I am sure most White Italians do not consider Mario Balotelli to be one of their people.
All true. But he IS Italian, because he was born there and it's the only country he lived in prior to a year ago.

I'm glad you're not one of those people who try to tell me that Charlize Theron is African American.

As an aside, I have seen Italians whose skin color is close to mine. Real Italians.............
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World