Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2009, 03:32 AM

113 posts, read 306,662 times

Advertisements

Hello ,

Egypt where i live likes foreigners in general , we are safe country and Cairo is a city that never sleep even 3 am you will find people and police in streets , tell me what do you want to study and what is your budget and i may help
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2009, 06:13 AM

3,210 posts, read 4,611,332 times
This entire convo is quickly becoming very repetative:

Racism is everywhere. What I love is the subtle insinuation that out of everyone in the world, Blacks are never, ever, ever, ever, the one's doleing out the ignorance. I wonder how long a thread about Whites in Africa would stay up?

If you go with a head held high and an accepting mindset, I truly, deeply believe you will make allies anywhere you go. If you act like one person I knew, who moved to Germany for "Snowbunnies", and then had the audacity to bash his new home becuase "It doesn't have enough Black people, it's nuttin but krauts (no ****?)", then yeah, drama will occur. This stands in contrast to well-educated, interested, and genuinley open-minded acquaintances who actually took the time not only to realize they're in a country w/ a culture different than their own, but genuinley sought to embrace and understand it on the locals level, then success will come.

And this applies to anyone regardless of background, I could tell horror stories of White Americans/europeans in Asia who went around looking for tail and good times and forgot they were half a world away when they started complaining how there wasn't a Gap or Wal-Mart down the street. Needless to say, they were not fan favorites. So don't think I'm picking on African-Americans.

Old 08-06-2009, 11:51 AM

3,562 posts, read 4,392,735 times
Try Puerto Rico (though part of the USA it is still a different place). Also, most any Caribbean island will surely be a safe place for African-Americans.

Old 08-06-2009, 10:57 PM

261 posts, read 668,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shizzles View Post
This entire convo is quickly becoming very repetative:

Racism is everywhere. What I love is the subtle insinuation that out of everyone in the world, Blacks are never, ever, ever, ever, the one's doleing out the ignorance. I wonder how long a thread about Whites in Africa would stay up?

If you go with a head held high and an accepting mindset, I truly, deeply believe you will make allies anywhere you go. If you act like one person I knew, who moved to Germany for "Snowbunnies", and then had the audacity to bash his new home becuase "It doesn't have enough Black people, it's nuttin but krauts (no ****?)", then yeah, drama will occur. This stands in contrast to well-educated, interested, and genuinley open-minded acquaintances who actually took the time not only to realize they're in a country w/ a culture different than their own, but genuinley sought to embrace and understand it on the locals level, then success will come.

And this applies to anyone regardless of background, I could tell horror stories of White Americans/europeans in Asia who went around looking for tail and good times and forgot they were half a world away when they started complaining how there wasn't a Gap or Wal-Mart down the street. Needless to say, they were not fan favorites. So don't think I'm picking on African-Americans.
Black people do not dole out racism sorry shizzle. You want to compare a move like white men can't jump (an example of black racism) to american history x or the kkk and segregation. While it is true that there are black people who don't like white people, most of the times this is a "reactionary racism". That is in the sense of I don't like white people because they kidnapped my ancestors, raped, tortured, maimed, them committed genocide to them, enslaved them, beat them like animals, and kept them in chains for 500 years and oppressed them and told them they were monkeys and denied the human rights for the last 600 years. I'm not even sure if this is "racism"(which is the belief that your race is better) or if this is just hating a group of people who was a real dick to you. Its no different than a jew saying he hates nazi's because of what they did to him.

Show me on country where black "skin heads" people beat up white immigrants? The closest you will come to finding any black people who assualt white people is in zimbabwe where black farmers who were rounded up 50 years ago and had all their land stolen by the british army after independece decided to take back their own land.
Even at that, black people who still have a chip on their shoulder against white people for slavery in the western world is the exception. You don't see any black supremist groups going around and lynching white people, even in areas where they are the majority.

Old 08-07-2009, 02:39 AM

3,210 posts, read 4,611,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jungeon View Post
Black people do not dole out racism sorry shizzle. You want to compare a move like white men can't jump (an example of black racism) to american history x or the kkk and segregation. While it is true that there are black people who don't like white people, most of the times this is a "reactionary racism". That is in the sense of I don't like white people because they kidnapped my ancestors, raped, tortured, maimed, them committed genocide to them, enslaved them, beat them like animals, and kept them in chains for 500 years and oppressed them and told them they were monkeys and denied the human rights for the last 600 years. I'm not even sure if this is "racism"(which is the belief that your race is better) or if this is just hating a group of people who was a real dick to you. Its no different than a jew saying he hates nazi's because of what they did to him.

Show me on country where black "skin heads" people beat up white immigrants? The closest you will come to finding any black people who assualt white people is in zimbabwe where black farmers who were rounded up 50 years ago and had all their land stolen by the british army after independece decided to take back their own land.
Even at that, black people who still have a chip on their shoulder against white people for slavery in the western world is the exception. You don't see any black supremist groups going around and lynching white people, even in areas where they are the majority.

White people have been beaten up in Black nabes before, weither it's actually organized like the KKK however, I doubt it. This of course doesn't begin to get into Black/Brown or Black/Asian beef. If you want to nurse grevanice for the rest of your life then that's your choice, but I refuse to contribute to the divison and disgust. As far as the Nazis go, almost all the Jewish people I know are intelligent enough to understand the difference btw a "Nazi" and a "German".

Believe it or not, most of us are trying to forge ahead to better relations. I'm sure you consider that to be "Uncle Tom-ism", but for those who don't, what I said in my previous post stands.

Old 08-07-2009, 10:51 AM

1,475 posts, read 4,141,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jungeon View Post

Show me on country where black "skin heads" people beat up white immigrants?
I don't know about black skinheads, but blacks in the US rob and kill whites every day. I speak from experience. What is your point?

Old 08-07-2009, 04:07 PM

I'm not disputing that white people get beat up by black people. However, when black people and kill and rob white people, its almost never race motivated, maybe drug motivated, money motivated, or all the other reasons but race isusually the last one. You also have to remember whites are the majority, if I wake up and say I'm going to rob the next guy I see, there is 95% chance that guy will be white, just because my street is 95% white.

Old 08-07-2009, 04:22 PM

13,809 posts, read 26,546,133 times
I agree with the spirit of much of what you're saying, but I think few blacks live in cities that are over 85% white and/or those that do tend to be middle-class or greater.

Black crime is mostly black-on-black anyway. Whites also tend to be victimized by other whites. Lastly gender matters more than race in this. Victims and perpretators of violent crime tend to be men. So putting that together when I see a tough-looking young white man that makes me way way more nervous than a young black guy and certainly more than a black woman. My brother was assaulted by whites, not blacks. The times my mother was threatened it was by a white guy, not a black guy.

Basically my "motto" is don't trust anyone under 30, especially if they're male. (Not entirely joking though)

Old 08-07-2009, 05:14 PM

1,264 posts, read 3,860,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas R. View Post
Basically my "motto" is don't trust anyone under 30, especially if they're male. (Not entirely joking though)
LOL
Madoff is one exception.
All the financial crooks are over 30, male.

Old 08-07-2009, 07:00 PM

Yes don't trust your money with anyone over 50, and don't trust women because they will divorce you and burn down your house, LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World