U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2017, 12:53 AM

9,876 posts, read 8,676,142 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUNlogol View Post
Recently I have been fascinated by Islam and in the future I want to visit muslim countries (iran, egypt, morocco, saudi arabia, syria).

Are they safe places?
Are they cheap?
What about the culture?

I am asking it in a nutshell how was it for anyone who have been in these places?
I visited Jordan, safer than most of USA. Hotels are cheap but in general not as cheap as I thought. People are the most friendly I have ever known.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2017, 08:38 AM

9,983 posts, read 4,068,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
I visited Jordan, safer than most of USA. Hotels are cheap but in general not as cheap as I thought. People are the most friendly I have ever known.
I knew two guys from Jordan, they were very nice. Seems like a nice country, altho not sure I would visit considering who Jordan's neighbors are

Old 08-18-2017, 10:27 AM

1,368 posts, read 1,354,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warszawa View Post
I don't have anything against Muslims but Dubai along with almost every country on the Arabian peninsula (minus Yemen and Oman) seem to be petrostates who do nothing except pump out oil and send human rights back a thousand years. The good Muslim countries would be Albania, Kosovo, Azerbaijan, Bosnia, Malaysia, Indonesia, The Russian-speaking Stans, Morocco, and even Turkey until a couple of years ago
How about Maldives?

Old 08-18-2017, 10:30 AM

9,876 posts, read 8,676,142 times
Quote:
I knew two guys from Jordan, they were very nice. Seems like a nice country, altho not sure I would visit considering who Jordan's neighbors are
Why would the neighbours matter? Do people stop visiting the US because of Mexico?

Jordan is very safe.

Old 08-20-2017, 01:30 PM
Status: "Bling! Bling! Bling! Watch it sparkle : )!" (set 13 hours ago)

5,268 posts, read 2,074,314 times
Default !!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
When did you do? I am sooooo jeolous by the way!!!! I want to see Petra.

Old 08-22-2017, 05:32 PM

49 posts, read 13,299 times
Quote:
Neighbors?

Old 08-22-2017, 10:11 PM

15,354 posts, read 17,683,481 times
I have no fear of traveling to Arab countries, but those 5 calls to prayer every day, blasted from loud speakers, that stops me from going there, as I'm very noise sensitive!

First call to prayer can be as early as 4:30am, and to be jolted awake at that hour???

Old 08-22-2017, 11:29 PM

1,037 posts, read 369,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
I have no fear of traveling to Arab countries, but those 5 calls to prayer every day, blasted from loud speakers, that stops me from going there, as I'm very noise sensitive!

First call to prayer can be as early as 4:30am, and to be jolted awake at that hour???
I spent two years living next door to a mosque. Better than an alarm clock....LOL. I didn't have to worry about the electricity being off or forgetting to wind the clock.

Old 08-23-2017, 12:57 AM

145 posts, read 50,802 times
Anyone ever been to Canuckistan ?

Old 08-23-2017, 02:00 AM

64 posts, read 12,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post

It doesn't wake you up unless you are very close to a mosque.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World