Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2009, 01:47 PM

23,857 posts, read 71,318,110 times

Advertisements

Probably nowhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2009, 02:04 PM

2,450 posts, read 5,599,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovert View Post
None of them. In general women, socially inept, passive guys are not looked upon favorably. Now if you mean more intellectual types then I would say western Europe and probably northeastern Asia.
The States right now may be the most anti-intellectual of the developed nations right now.
Hmmm... Nerdy to me would be intellectual, shy guys. East Asia likes this type. Many girls from East Asia don't like the aggressive type quite as much, and don't like em so big as they do in the US.
Of course this is all generalizations. You can find different types of people everywhere. But proportionally, East Asian women prefer what I consider nerdier guys, vs jock type guys.

Old 11-11-2009, 02:07 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
where there is less money. where women have less economic choice. if she has choice she can go for young foolish cute or whatever she wants. he does not have to have his act together. her preferences are not driven by need for security. i would be far more concerned about why she is attracted to me rather than if she is attracted to me.

Old 11-11-2009, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
where there is less money. where women have less economic choice. if she has choice she can go for young foolish cute or whatever she wants. he does not have to have his act together. her preferences are not driven by need for security. i would be far more concerned about why she is attracted to me rather than if she is attracted to me.
Guys always say that, and my instinct somewhat agrees, but with a major caveat. Its acceptable for people, particularly guys, to be attracted to another for at least partially physical reasons. IMO, this is the same. In fact, in most situations your life choices more affect your wealth status than your physical appearance. I have little issue with someone not wanting to deal with an irresponsible person that can't save money, keep a job, etc.
Some studies have shown that financial concerns are a leading contributor to divorce.
I wouldn't have ever married a greedy materialistic person, but a security-seeking person seems morally acceptable for a foundation of a relationship. Makes more sense than a hot person.
Of course, whatever floats your boat. Every couple has its own dynamic, and if it works, it works.

Old 11-11-2009, 02:23 PM

221 posts, read 535,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shizzles View Post
What about Europe? I would imagine it varies from country to country, so which ones tend to be up there? Would a geek have a chance with a Scandinavian?
HECK NO.

sorry, man.. but us scandinavians might have some of the highest standards in the world

i suggest you go looking in a developing asian country i heard thai chicks are great wives!

Old 11-11-2009, 02:46 PM

871 posts, read 1,630,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City of Rain View Post
HECK NO.

sorry, man.. but us scandinavians might have some of the highest standards in the world

i suggest you go looking in a developing asian country i heard thai chicks are great wives!
lol. do you know what the term 'geek' means? bill gates is a geek.

any smart woman would be looking for someone like that. those who are more base and of lower minds look for looks, size or sexual appeal etc over more important characteristics. this is a fact. you see this pattern in society a lot. losers have been calling winners 'geeks' for a long time. this is a subverted ploy to demonize where they lack.

of course there are men who do this as well, they look for a trophy but it may not be someone intelligent.

Old 11-11-2009, 03:25 PM

Quote:
HECK NO.

Someone's high standard is someone else's low. it all depends on the standards.
I have a feeling your standards are far different from mine.

Old 11-11-2009, 06:25 PM

1,264 posts, read 3,860,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebeard View Post
Hmmm... Nerdy to me would be intellectual, shy guys. East Asia likes this type. Many girls from East Asia don't like the aggressive type quite as much, and don't like em so big as they do in the US.
Of course this is all generalizations. You can find different types of people everywhere. But proportionally, East Asian women prefer what I consider nerdier guys, vs jock type guys.
After watching these humorous videos, I would say yes and no.

Japanese Tradition – Dating Vol 2
url address: youtube.com/watch?v=PO5IDiYPXPo

Japanese Tradition – Dating Vol 2
url address: youtube.com/watch?v=iPa2WIIaVY4

Japanese Tradition – Dating Vol 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dID_LZwQgmI

Japanese Tradition – Dating Vol 4
url address: youtube.com/watch?v=YPrvWxittxY

Old 11-11-2009, 06:50 PM

513 posts, read 1,581,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rory00 View Post
lol. do you know what the term 'geek' means? bill gates is a geek.

any smart woman would be looking for someone like that. those who are more base and of lower minds look for looks, size or sexual appeal etc over more important characteristics. this is a fact. you see this pattern in society a lot. losers have been calling winners 'geeks' for a long time. this is a subverted ploy to demonize where they lack.

of course there are men who do this as well, they look for a trophy but it may not be someone intelligent.

you need to understand the difference between "geeks" and "geeks who founded Microsoft and Google". The latter are few and far between. Just like there are huge differences between "jocks" and "jocks who end up playing quarterback for NFL". Being "intellectual", "geeky", whatever you may call it, usually are much bigger baggage when the geeks can't translate his brain power into cold hard green bucks than "being manly", "physically strong" , whatever you may call it when jocks can't translate their physical prowess into multimillion dollar a year career. Anyway, Asian countries look like better bet not because females over there dig geeks, it's better because being intellectual/geeky/nerdy in Asian countries will not be counted against you, something can not be said about the US. Socially passive, shy males are looked down by females everywhere. Asian females, for cultural reasons, don't really like the direct aggressiveness often displayed by typical American men, the needs to get sexual in a much shorter period of time in the US is especially frowned upon. But, that's just tactical and cultural differences. Men still need to take charge, take the initiative if you wanna to attract mate, it's not about culture, it's instilled in our genes by millions of years of evolution. Just because socially acceptable approaches in Asia are far less direct and aggressive than they are in the west doesn't mean passivity is celebrated. On the contrary, passivity is as unwelcome as it is in the US, the difference is the dislike doesn't manifested itself in some of the more purposeless way, attack-for-the-sake-of-attack way you often witness in the US. If you think otherwise, you're in for a big surprise. If you were good-looking, good with sports and good with academics, you'll never run out of holes, it's the same everywhere; If you were not so good on other accounts, socially passive but with excellent academic performance, you will not have dates, it's the same everywhere, but in Asia, you don't need to worry about being bullied either, something can't be said about American schools; If you were lousy student but very good with sports, you will get dates here and in Asia, but you won't get the same preferential treatment from school in Asia you can get here. The bottom line is, for society, an asexual entity, Asia and the US have polar opposite priority, basically, achievement of brain power is much more celebrated in Asia that it is in the states, but for female quest for mates, it's the same everywhere. Trust me, I know.

Old 11-11-2009, 06:56 PM

173 posts, read 609,807 times
Quote:
HECK NO.

I wouldn't say they have that high standards, but they do tend to go for the more... Fit people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World