Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2009, 03:47 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,619,938 times

Advertisements

Too many countries to list really but for me it would have to include :

Chile
Canada
America
Scotland
Ecuador ( incl the Galapagos Islands)
China
New Zealand
Australia
France ( including Corsica)
Russia

10 is not long enough though as you would also have to include Yemen, Croatia, Turkey, Greece, Norway, South Africa, Montenegro, Peru, Argentina, Bolivia etc.. etc...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2009, 09:44 AM

17,916 posts, read 24,336,832 times
I like Norway, It's like a green version of New Zealand's south island with stave churches and medieval ruins.

I also like Britain (a green and pleasant land), The U.S. (a bit of everything from the arctic to the tropics), and any of a number of lush, Caribbean islands.

ABQConvict

Old 12-04-2009, 11:03 AM

2,975 posts, read 8,113,777 times
Scotland - diverse terrain, the highlands, ancient Caledonian pine forests, mountains, glens, forests, lakes, lowlands, beautiful beaches. Very like NZ and Canada.

Spain - beautiful beaches, stunning landscape, arid countryside to green rolling hills

Same goes for Italy

USA - Diverse terrain as with climates, beautiful

Canada - very like Scotland again very beautiful

Old 12-04-2009, 12:55 PM

2,904 posts, read 6,913,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rory00 View Post
I don't think so and that's because most countries comprise one continuous landmass which has to do with the geographical area and that's more natural. america has 'territories' they've acquired as being america but it's not really natural to say alaska is america in this context when it's next to canada and hawaii is way out in the pacific. besides, i've seen pics of china's landscape and it's more stunning in my opinion so it's also personal perception.
China's landscape is indeed stunning (and I've actually been there, not just seen pics) so I am hesitant to put the US ahead. But Alaska and Hawaii aren't territories-they are states. Alaska was purchased fairly and Hawaii was pretty much taken but they are clearly a part of the country and must be included. Of course this is all personal opinion.

Old 12-07-2009, 11:40 AM

7,829 posts, read 11,781,536 times
There are 17 megadiverse countries identified, these 17 countries hold most of the world's species:

Megadiverse countries - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 12-10-2009, 03:13 PM

2,023 posts, read 4,185,234 times
Wow! Beautiful pictures of China! I though I would post some of the U.S.

Southern Louisiana

Audubon bolsters La. coastal program | Louisiana Coastal Initiative

Life is a process!

Pacific Northwest

Giant Redwood Trees, California (http://www.greglasley.net/redwood.html - broken link)

Smoky Mountains

Great Smoky Mountains

AvaxHome -> High resolution images of Great Smoky Mountains

Tons more. Southern California, Hawaii, the Southwest, Grand Canyon, Death Valley, the Great Plains, the Rockies, etc. That's all the pictures I feel like posting right now though.

Last edited by Cornerguy1; 12-10-2009 at 08:19 PM.. Reason: copyrighted material removed

Old 12-11-2009, 03:03 AM

13,809 posts, read 26,546,133 times
In no order I'd guess Brazil, Canada, China, France, Greenland, Nepal, New Zealand, Russia, United Kingdom (if we include all its territories), and the US.

To an extent this reflects that I'm more drawn to the "cool beauty" of mountains, glaciers, non-tropical forests, and so forth. Although Brazil is large/lush enough I figured I'd include it.

Old 12-12-2009, 04:06 AM

13,285 posts, read 15,296,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Any list that doesn't have Island on it isn't written by a serious person.
Island - Google Maps

Check out the photos for yourself

Old 12-12-2009, 09:57 PM

13,809 posts, read 26,546,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
Island - Google Maps

Check out the photos for yourself
I should have mentioned Iceland! Good choice.

Old 12-17-2009, 11:36 PM

9 posts, read 30,233 times
1) Russia, it is huge and has the most incredible variety of terrain imaginable
2) China, much the same as Russia
3) India, a huge variety of cultures and landscapes
4) Indonesia, island national empire second to none
5) Canada, prettier and larger than the US. Nature not near as mistreated as neighboring US due to sheer size
6) Ethiopia, incredible history and range of interesting peoples and cultures
7) Congo, huge, unknown, and incredible variety of landscapes and peoples, center of Africa
8) Colombia, incredible variety of landscapes, indigenous cultures, 2 oceans, mysterious mountains
9) Mexico, pyramids, mountains, great regional variety, Copper Canyon
10) Iran, regional powerhouse of beauty and culture
Honorable mentions, USA, Peru, Brazil, Turkey, Italy, Morocco, Pakistan, Nepal, Australia, New Zealand, Madagascar, South Africa, Spain, Philippines, Vietnam, Germany
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World