Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2015, 04:03 AM

1,468 posts, read 1,320,713 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_bob View Post
australia is not at all diverse , its a very hot and dry place for the most part and is also very flat
Not diverse? Seriously? Have you ever actually been been to SW Tasmania, the temperate rain forests of Cape Otway, the Daintree, Kakadu, Kata Tjuta, the McDonnell Ranges, the 'Painted desert', Norfolk or Cocos Island, the Murray River, or Mount Feathertop??

In June you can go skiing in the south, lie on a warm sun drenched beach at somewhere like Broome in northern WA, or chill out and go surfing in the mild coastal climate of somewhere like Byron Bay.

Last edited by Bakery Hill; 09-10-2015 at 04:41 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2015, 07:00 AM

25,915 posts, read 24,594,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ- View Post
Funniest thread I've ever seen.
Yeah, people talk about canals in the Netherlands and what not. What has all that got to do with the thread title?

Old 09-10-2015, 07:14 AM

8,848 posts, read 8,358,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevania01 View Post
4. Korea
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandoreko View Post
6. Korea
Seriously?

Old 09-10-2015, 07:28 AM

25,915 posts, read 24,594,220 times
I don't even care about natural beauty. I like human-made "nature" such as gardens the most. I don't find hostile environments such as jungles or deserts beautiful. It's almost a bit cynical to call an environment beautiful, where locals not seldom have to fight for survival and wish they could get away.

Old 09-10-2015, 07:34 AM

969 posts, read 821,341 times
It would have to be Canada for me. For natural beauty.

Old 09-10-2015, 08:05 AM

1,741 posts, read 2,512,533 times
I would say USA and China, because of the diversity of landscapes: forests, deserts, mountains, beaches, lakes... in general, larger countries are more likely to have more beautiful landscapes. But I personally like Switzerland and Canada. And I'm sorry for the boosterism, but I think also Brazil has lots of beautiful landscapes, although it lacks deserts and a mountain range such as the Andes: Amazon Forest, Pantanal, Jalapão, the northeastern coast, Iguassu Falls, Vale do Ribeira, Serra Gaúcha (these latter two somewhat underrated). I wouldn't say Brazil is the most beautiful, but it woud be in the top 20.

Old 09-11-2015, 02:00 AM

6 posts, read 20,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_bob View Post
australia is not at all diverse , its a very hot and dry place for the most part and is also very flat
Wrong... and damn ignorant/uneducated to say such a thing.

Do a bit of research.

Old 09-14-2015, 04:26 AM

1,213 posts, read 1,424,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabio SBA View Post
And I'm sorry for the boosterism, but I think also Brazil has lots of beautiful landscapes, although it lacks deserts and a mountain range such as the Andes: Amazon Forest, Pantanal, Jalapão, the northeastern coast, Iguassu Falls, Vale do Ribeira, Serra Gaúcha (these latter two somewhat underrated). I wouldn't say Brazil is the most beautiful, but it woud be in the top 20.
Aren't you been too much humble? Brazil is the 5th biggest country and has the biggest biodiversity in planet, also has the biggest number of ecossistems in one country in the world.
Actually I'm surprised by the lack of popularity of Brazil in this thread.

Well, I think it's hard to chose just 10 countries in this regard, but Brazil is for sure among them.
I love Italy, Norway, Switzerland, Austria, Mozambique, Tanzania, Thailand, Vietnan, French Polynesia... and many more.

Old 09-14-2015, 08:55 AM

8,848 posts, read 8,358,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Falcon View Post
Aren't you been too much humble? Brazil is the 5th biggest country and has the biggest biodiversity in planet, also has the biggest number of ecossistems in one country in the world.
Actually I'm surprised by the lack of popularity of Brazil in this thread.
Agreed. Brazil is huge and diverse as ****.

Old 09-14-2015, 09:25 AM

18,048 posts, read 25,100,414 times
Venezuela - 900 miles of Caribbean coastline, 70 Caribbean islands, Andes Mountains, many coastal rainforests, a desert, biggest lake in South America, one of the longest rivers in the World (Orinoco), huge plains, jungle, Guiana shield (oldest rock formation in the World), highest waterfall in the World

That's off the top of my head.
I'm not gonna lie, Colombia and Peru are similar to Venezuela
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World