U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2018, 05:07 AM

137 posts, read 49,719 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alban2000 View Post
Im currently 18, I'm at college/sixth form but not really doing anything I'm particularly passionate about. Im in my final year and im planning to do an apprenticeship or get into full time work straight away so I can gather some money and move to Australia. I've been researching Adelaide specifically but I'm open to others states. I live in London and have been my whole life but I dont feel at home here, the weather and people are dull and I feel everyone is always stressed and rushing. I want to live a simple life that has good weather, relaxed and somewhere where I can actually enjoy work.
I've tried convincing my parents to move but they think im going mad, my friends are also open to the idea but it would have to be in a few years once I have enough money to make the move or I could take a few loans out.
If you really want to leave, do it. That's what I did when I was 19 years old, (not too long ago by the way!) and it is been the best decision of my life. However, I left for different reasons. I used to live in a very conservative and backwards place. I was actually living in a medium-size city with nice weather almost all year round. I wanted to live in a big city and have so many new experiences and I have.

Adelaide is a nice city, and it is true that it would be harder to find a job, but I am sure you can find something in retail, hospitality, etc. The cost of living is very low compared to Sydney's or Melbourne's. Their summers are great, I just like big cities, so I won't comment too much about the vibe of the place itself. You can come to Australia on a working holiday visa, by the way, you also have Europe at your doorstep with so many amazing cities, so you could also explore there. I have heard Bristol and Brighton are really both nice places. If you think that it could take you years, don't waste your time doing anything while you are, go for a degree because it will open so many doors!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2018, 11:11 AM

299 posts, read 159,649 times
For any (young) Canadians reading this, the Canadian government has set up a program for you to easily live and work overseas for a temporary period (1-2 years depending on country of choice).

Check out International Experience Canada

I highly recommend this!

Old 06-26-2018, 05:13 PM

2,168 posts, read 797,279 times
Before going abroad, it would be a good idea to become mature enough to be tolerant and non-judgmental about people with different local customs than your own. It's amazing how many foreigners, most American and Australian, sit around world cafes bad-mouthing the locals for not behaving like the intruders. Travelers carry along their own local customs, which range from quaint to infuriating, and expect everyone in the world to comply with them

Old 07-18-2018, 08:20 PM

6,041 posts, read 10,359,348 times
Might miss the comforts upon closer retrospection. Yet that is not adequate rationale to never leave. Rich experience into memories advancing forward when travelers collect rewarding titles of increasing worldliness. See this article and map for basic source of solid initial verify scanning judging:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs.../openness2.jpg

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.136056ca5ff8

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World