Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2016, 06:27 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,021,563 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaroW View Post
No, there is not a lack of jobs.
There are 300 000 job vacancies in France. People don't take it because they prefer living on benefits (high benefits) than taking a job they don't like.

Also, stop checking our 9.9% unemployment rate which means nothing. In the UK and Germany for instance, you have 1.3 million people on training program. In France, it is 325 000. Hollande wants to add 500 000 training programs. Then, France will have the same unemployment rate as Germany and the UK without creating more jobs...

It is magic !

PS: Personnaly I had to change phone numbers because I was harassed by recruiters
I had 10 phone calls a day for job interviews..
I couldn't imagine anybody as unbalanced as you being 'headhunted' by anybody!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2016, 07:22 AM

9,530 posts, read 16,512,408 times
At this point in time. I honestly cannot imagine anyone that is well educated, wanting to come to the USA. There are far better countries that are far more liveable. That are more respectful and thankful for their employees. Societies and Govts that value their citizens, providing a safer way of life. The US is a rather violent society, that seems to comfortable with its personality. Just better options out there now, that provide a better quality of life than the USA.

Old 08-08-2016, 03:57 PM

178 posts, read 184,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrob1 View Post
At this point in time. I honestly cannot imagine anyone that is well educated, wanting to come to the USA. There are far better countries that are far more liveable. That are more respectful and thankful for their employees. Societies and Govts that value their citizens, providing a safer way of life. The US is a rather violent society, that seems to comfortable with its personality. Just better options out there now, that provide a better quality of life than the USA.
Well, not really. If you're a professional, the US is still the country with the better opportunities.

Yes, there are countries which are better for the average people like Germany or the Scandinavian countries with an amazing welfare system, but as a professional you will never earn that much money that you would in the US. With that being taken into account, with the more money you make in the US you can afford to live in a very good and safe neighborhood and your money will always go further, since everything is cheaper.

The same with healthcare, because if you have the money (=being a professional) the US is hard to beat on that. And let's not talk about the weather, who would want to live in those freezing countries like those in northern europe?

No surprise lots of highly educated people keep moving to the US leaving their family and everything behind.

That's the truth, but I agree the US isn't a good country to live in if you are unskilled or average.

Old 08-09-2016, 03:37 AM

53 posts, read 51,531 times
I will exclude the whole of Europe, UK included(Britexit being the reason) and North America.

I am an Asian and is not used to western lifestyles.
Also I want to be the majority. I don't want to be the ethnic minorities.

Western food are not as tasty and not healthy

I also find it easier to make friends or date good people by not moving to western countries.
As westeners view Asians with negative stereotypes.

Old 08-29-2016, 03:36 AM

64 posts, read 57,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fayewongfan View Post
I will exclude the whole of Europe, UK included(Britexit being the reason) and North America.

I am an Asian and is not used to western lifestyles.
Also I want to be the majority. I don't want to be the ethnic minorities.

Western food are not as tasty and not healthy

I also find it easier to make friends or date good people by not moving to western countries.
As westeners view Asians with negative stereotypes.
You exclude the regions that have some of the best quality of life, are you a masochist ?

It's true that some Western food are not tasty and healthy, but you can still find a lot of Asian food (especially in places like Vancouver, New York, London...).

Some Asians men struggle to date Westerners, but some of these have a "yellow fever" so it depends.

It's not true that most of Westerners have negative stereotypes, they are more open minded towards other ethnicities than most of Asian countries, which are sometimes more racist.

Old 08-29-2016, 09:28 AM

1,364 posts, read 1,115,769 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianf91 View Post
Well, not really. If you're a professional, the US is still the country with the better opportunities.

Yes, there are countries which are better for the average people like Germany or the Scandinavian countries with an amazing welfare system, but as a professional you will never earn that much money that you would in the US. With that being taken into account, with the more money you make in the US you can afford to live in a very good and safe neighborhood and your money will always go further, since everything is cheaper.

The same with healthcare, because if you have the money (=being a professional) the US is hard to beat on that. And let's not talk about the weather, who would want to live in those freezing countries like those in northern europe?

No surprise lots of highly educated people keep moving to the US leaving their family and everything behind.

That's the truth, but I agree the US isn't a good country to live in if you are unskilled or average.

Better educated people tend to be more concerned about topics like social justice or the environment than average people. For those, living in the U.S. could be very challenging, no matter how much money they make.
In certain professions you can make a lot more money in the U.S. that is surely true. And those will be financially better of in the U.S. than they would be in most European countries. But it's surely not true that everything is cheaper in the U.S., quite the opposite. Of course it strongly depends to which country in Europe do you compare. But at the current exchange rate most things in the U.S. are more expensive than they are in most Western European countries.
I'm wondering why so many Americans think that most or even everything is cheaper in the U.S. Sometimes I have the impression certain groups are spreading such nonsense to stem claims for higher minimum wages.

Old 08-29-2016, 10:56 AM

570 posts, read 604,835 times
In my opinion The best country in the world must have these 10 things.-

1)Masima security.-
2)People more friendly.-
3)More and best holidays,partys.-
4)Best gastronomy
5)Best beaches and mountains, near.
6)The joy and best night in the cities
7)More cities World Heritage according to UNESCO
8)Best Cathedrals.Museums ,Monasteries ,Castles etc
9)Best comunications and climate
10)Countries neighbors most important and attractive.-

You think that It is indisputable that are Spain, France , Italy or not ?

Old 08-29-2016, 11:02 AM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,894,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urdiales View Post
In my opinion The best country in the world must have these 10 things.-

1)Masima security.-
2)People more friendly.-
3)More and best holidays,partys.-
4)Best gastronomy
5)Best beaches and mountains, near.
6)The joy and best night in the cities
7)More cities World Heritage according to UNESCO
8)Best Cathedrals.Museums ,Monasteries ,Castles etc
9)Best comunications and climate
10)Countries neighbors most important and attractive.-

You think that It is indisputable that are Spain, France , Italy or not ?
They seem to fit your criteria however I see the French more reserved than friendly(I don't consider that a bad thing). This is subjective of course.

Old 09-01-2016, 11:01 AM

3,335 posts, read 2,925,286 times
Norway: great quality of life, great people, great health care, great foods and a very safe, secured country

Old 11-21-2016, 06:18 PM
F18

542 posts, read 529,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigeonhole View Post
Obvious choices are countries like Switzerland (too expensive unfortunately) or Aus/New Zealand (too far away alas)
Second tier but still okay would be Spain -not the British Isles, which, albeit nice, are too rainy, or Portugal-just can't stand their culture, sorry folks, it's not because ther are FA CUP CHAMPIONS ALTHOUGH IT SAYS A LOT OF THE CULTURAL PRIORITIES OF THAT COUNTRY!-Greece : the pits. I would rather have Hungary or even the rest of the Eastern European countries (save Moldova, Kosovo and Albania) any day. The Scandinavian countries are out (too expensive , climate is harsh). Italy ? yes, but not South of Rome. and of course the US and even Cape province in SA, as well as as the Cancun and Vallarta rivieras in Mexico (I'd avoid CR at any cost).Thailand although fine is wayyy to equatorial, steamy hot, and Japan , ambeit very nice, is culturally too far away. In South America, I would only consider Chile (that is, to, stay, for vacations, I'd like to go to Peru, but avoid Brasil like the plague-it's true that I speak fluent Spanish but have no knowledge of Portuguese).
One of the most ignorant phrases I ever heard on CD (and bare in mind everybody we're on CD!). Portuguese culture is much more than just football but coming from you an ignorant, thick, arrogant, know-it-all old guy who only cares about beaches and bimbos (and then ironically rambles about how how other places have no culture-the upmost hypocrisy!) I wouldn't expect anything else.
Also the fact that you live in one of the most culturally rich cities in the world and yet you don't like because it of all sort of stupid/irrational reasons and then complain about other countries that have no culture!
Please don't put your feet here! Go to an Eastern European rural cr*phole where I am sure you will fit. (But then you will find something to complain )
Please leave this forum and take your toxic attitude, you would be doing everybody a favour!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World