Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Writing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2011, 03:42 PM

987 posts, read 1,745,449 times

Advertisements

Folks I need your help & I hope this is the right place to ask? Just let me know if not, where I need to go ask...

Coming up w/ideas on what to say on a banner for a fellow co-worker who is retiring, like we came up w/one, "your setting sail on a new adventure, Enjoy!", ummmmm, ? And my mind is blank on what other sentiments/wishes to say to one who is retiring....HELP?

my poor soggy brain (bless its heart, its just turned 43 today ) is slowly going & I can't think, I appreciate any thing one has to offer, thank you guys & dolls!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2011, 07:48 PM

592 posts, read 1,813,628 times
You may also want to post the same question in the "RETIREMENT" forum here on CD. Most people who post there have already retired and may have had banners themselves when they did and/or have had experiences with friends and co-worker who had them at their retirement. Nice of you to do this, by the way.

Old 02-18-2011, 01:28 AM

987 posts, read 1,745,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JudiPatooti View Post
You may also want to post the same question in the "RETIREMENT" forum here on CD. Most people who post there have already retired and may have had banners themselves when they did and/or have had experiences with friends and co-worker who had them at their retirement. Nice of you to do this, by the way.
Thanks JudiPatooti for the advice, I will do that!

Old 02-18-2011, 07:20 AM

26,717 posts, read 26,776,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by agnt.starling View Post
"your setting sail on a new adventure...
Please don't put that on a banner unedited.

Old 02-18-2011, 01:23 PM

1,184 posts, read 4,043,082 times
I would suggest starting with the interests and hobbies the person has outside of the workplace

For example, does the person like to do gardening?
(Here's hoping everything comes up roses for you in your retirement!)

Or is he or she an avid golfer and bird-watcher?
(May you find the fairway of retirement filled with birdies and a few eagles!)

I hope this gives you a few ideas to work with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Writing