Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2007, 09:05 PM

4 posts, read 10,429 times

Advertisements

We took the entire family to Cheyenne to see the rodeo then the remainder of WY. We loved every minute of it except the Denver airport.
I'd move there in a minute if my wife would hear of it... alas she's too cold natured to even begin to think of a WY winter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2007, 07:31 AM

240 posts, read 1,371,138 times
I was just lurking about and came across this thread. Last time we went to Frontier Days was I believe back in '93..What a great time. We saw the late great Cheyenne Wyo. native CHRIS LEDOUX and Pam Tillis play in concert. They braved some fierce winds that night, some big storms kicking it up across the plains just to the north. Was like the T storms had lightning legs and just walked across the open plains..
We rode the Harley out that year, from CT..and when they took their "survey" of licence plates that day they acknowledged us and the croud gave a nice hoot-n-hollar.. The PA guy set that up very nicely, and tied it into something about true American spirit, cowboys and bikers and adventure and all that. The show was great, the entire rodeo and fair was too.

Old 08-25-2007, 09:26 PM

Location: My heart is in Wyoming, my body is soon to follow.....
745 posts, read 4,064,789 times
Not to be nitpicky but Chris Ledoux was from Kaycee Wyoming not Cheyenne.

Old 08-26-2007, 05:32 PM

240 posts, read 1,371,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earniefan View Post
Not to be nitpicky but Chris Ledoux was from Kaycee Wyoming not Cheyenne.
They introduced him as a "Cheyenne native". I read an article on him in a country music magazine not long after he passed away, and they also referenced him to Cheyenne Wyo.-and several times to unspecified Wyo. ranches. The only thing I see in common there is I-25. (Kaycee & Cheyenne) I didnt take it upon myself to research it any further. Either/or, he put on a great show.

Old 08-26-2007, 08:36 PM

215 posts, read 667,737 times
Just a note on Chris.. He was born in Texas and moved to Cheyenne as a kid. From what I've heard he was basically an Air Force brat. He attended college in Casper. He didn't settle in Kaycee until he got married and started a family. So if I think you are both right. Either way Chris is probably one of only a few Wyoming raised celebrities. And possibly one of the nicest and most talented of any.

Old 08-26-2007, 08:44 PM

Ps.. Just a side note I forgot. During Frontier Days this year, one of Chris sons Beau, rode a bareback horse and after completing his ride to a fine score of 81 reached into his pocket and pulled out a small bag of his fathers ashes and spread them on the arena floor. Chris has come full circle.

Last edited by jkb826; 08-26-2007 at 08:44 PM.. Reason: bad spelling

Old 08-26-2007, 09:53 PM

Location: My heart is in Wyoming, my body is soon to follow.....
745 posts, read 4,064,789 times
jkb826 - you're right about Chris I had forgotten that he was an airforce brat. Thank you for sharing what his son did with us, it gave me goosebumps.

Old 08-27-2007, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earniefan View Post
jkb826 - you're right about Chris I had forgotten that he was an airforce brat. Thank you for sharing what his son did with us, it gave me goosebumps.
Earniefan--- you are very welcome. The story on what his son did gave goosebumps to me also. What a great way to memorialize your father.

Old 08-28-2007, 04:06 AM

13 posts, read 38,171 times
mandK, I didn't make it this year and probably not next, but in 09 I will be there. I'll be moving to Wy late Aug/ early Sep 08. So I'll be settled in and ready for the 09 Frontier Days.
lilypad & Earniefan, on both of my visits to Cheyenne I stopped by the farmers market- can't wait to get back there. Here in sw PA there used to be plenty of weekend farmer's markets, but most of the small farms went under and sold to developers- now there's mostly housing plans= no farms= no produce= no farmers markets.

Old 08-28-2007, 03:24 PM

1,466 posts, read 4,055,498 times
I have never been.. but sounds like a lot of fun... Maybe one of these years we will go..

I think that is really neat what Chris Ledoux's son did for him...

One of my friends new husband that is from Utah.. worked as a ranch hand for a while in a ranch in Kaycee and he actually got to meet Chris once cause they needed some vaccinations and Chris was the only one that had some extra or something, all the other ranches had run out...
anyways, he told me that Chris and his family were very nice people, just like any other cowboy...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming