Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2010, 09:18 PM

783 posts, read 1,322,906 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post
I'm talking about the general. I voted today. I also voted Libertarian for state rep. The Republicans nominated the County Attorney, the prosecutor.
Great! Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2010, 10:28 AM

149 posts, read 257,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRVphotog View Post
I guess I have not been paying much attention to Wyoming politics and I have to admit I was alittle shocked that two JH folks are running against each other for governor. I knew Matt's grandparents and mother, Leslie has been active in Teton County for decades.

I lived in Laramie, Douglas and Gillette and finally settled in Teton County, living there for 17 years. My personal observations is that most people in "real" Wyoming didn't hold JH in the highest regard. Some of us in JH, called it Wyodisney. For 5 years I shot photos for the Casper Star-Tribune and the state editor refused to come to JH for a meeting. He was an awesome editor, a great guy and I understood where he was comimg from.

So, how the heck did this happen? Did I see a Simpson boy running in the primary? JH is a long way from Cheyenne?

As I recall, all of the primary winners from both sides of the aisle for the contested statewide offices were the biggest Spenders $$$$ in their respective races. So I think it's important to keep in mind the money factor. If say Matt had spent around $400,000 on the primary, similar to the 2nd place finisher, rather than over $1.4 Million of his own money, in all likelihood he would have been on the back burner there with Colin...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming