Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2007, 10:23 PM

44 posts, read 137,186 times

Advertisements

That's what I'm thinking with regards to the mobiles/modulars as well. They're atleast something to get you here. Seeing how the market is, when you find yourself a stick built house, you shouldn't have too much trouble selling your mobile/modular.

The modulars in the Shilo addition in Buffalo are all around $235k and they are on tiny lots. They're brand new. Only problem is that Shilo addition is built on what should be a swamp. We've been in a drought for 7 years - something to keep in mind!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2007, 08:53 AM

264 posts, read 1,094,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallgirl View Post
Only problem is that Shilo addition is built on what should be a swamp. We've been in a drought for 7 years - something to keep in mind!!
The home I'm buying is in Shiloh. I drove up US16 west to the mountains and turned around to get some pictures of the whole area and a look at the elevation. It seems that the homes are higher in elevation than the open pasture behind them. Shiloh is also directly behind the BLM office, so I'm contacting them to get an idea of whether the wetland is further back behind Shiloh or what. I imagine that if Shiloh is in danger of water intrusion then so is the Bureau of Land Management. Wouldn't that be ironic.

I checked out the crawl space and the home is waterproofed. Perimeter drains, sump and sump pumps, mylar plastic...the whole thing. I'm still having the home inspected just to be sure it's quality work.

How long have you been in Buffalo and how wet have you seen it get back there?

Old 08-01-2007, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallgirl View Post
The modulars in the Shilo addition in Buffalo are all around $235k and they are on tiny lots. They're brand new.
The modular I was going to look at was in town on S. Tisdale. The lot was pretty much the same size as the shiloh lots. In fact, most lots in Buffalo didn't seem very big. But I'm coming from somewhere where yards are measured in acres and not sq. ft. so it's all relative. 7 to 9K sq. ft. lots seem to be the norm there.

If I could have found a mobile/modular for rent, I'd have taken it. I agree...they're good places to stay until you find a good deal somewhere else. I just couldn't find any to rent month to month.

Old 08-12-2007, 01:23 PM

Default Shiloh

Just wanted to update this thread for anyone who was reading it.

That home I was buying in this subdivision didn't work out for us. The home inspection turned up some disturbing information on the area that the subdivision was built on. Essentially, what tallgirl said in her post above is correct. I spent over $1,500 to research the property I was going to buy there and now that I've found out what I did - I have no problem with saying that it was money well spent.

Unfortunately, we're still homeless.

Old 03-14-2010, 07:10 PM

1 posts, read 1,336 times
How is the job market in Cheyenne/Laramie these days? I am getting ready to retire from the military and we are looking at Cheyenne/Laramie area. Everyone misses winter and the snow in addition to the clean air. Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming