U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2008, 07:56 PM

3 posts, read 9,462 times

Advertisements

I will be moving to kemmerer in the near future to take a job and I would like long term housing I am currently working in Texas and I want to move back up home does anyone have any idea where I can start looking/
Thanks for any help
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2009, 07:48 AM

1 posts, read 1,829 times
I have a few questions regarding Kemmerer and the days of sun per year?
Am retireing fireman currently located in Oregon and have hunted around Kemmerer a few time. Love what I have seen of the country so far but that has been very limited. Are the fokes living there as friendly as they seem?
Do you get enough snow to snow you in each winter if so for how long at a time? With the higher elevation does it get warm enough to raise a garden with success in the summer?

Old 08-25-2009, 06:54 PM

3,529 posts, read 5,761,838 times
Only go to Kemmerer for sports, board meeting, 4-H shooting sports, or meetings at the court house. Most the people I know there had kids the same age as mine in wrestling , track or 4-H. They got a good group that pays the Kemmerer kids the best sale prices at the County Fair fat stock sale In Afton (Star Valley). Friends with the few ranchers that I am on board with from there. There is alot of good fishing there, and if not animals 4-H shooting sports is a great program or both.

Old 08-26-2009, 09:31 AM

7 posts, read 27,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray argo View Post
I have a few questions regarding Kemmerer and the days of sun per year?
Am retireing fireman currently located in Oregon and have hunted around Kemmerer a few time. Love what I have seen of the country so far but that has been very limited. Are the fokes living there as friendly as they seem?
Do you get enough snow to snow you in each winter if so for how long at a time? With the higher elevation does it get warm enough to raise a garden with success in the summer?

The folks here are as friendly as they seem for the most part!

We sure do get enough snow, but you can still get out and about and do your business, and leave town and travel. The transportation folks are pretty good about maintaining the roads and they don't block your drive in either. They actually remove the snow from the roads and transport the snow away....

As for the summer sun, I can't say I have actually grown a garden, but have grown flowers such as hollyhocks, tulips, and the such with success, so it does get warm enough to grow flowers. I just haven't had time to do my veggie garden as of yet as we have to have trees removed before we can do our garden.

As for Kemmerer as a whole, you must enjoy small town living, and you must enjoy being close to nature as nature is always close by.

Old 11-28-2018, 10:03 PM

1 posts, read 480 times
Can you tell me how the drive is between Kemmerer and Mountain View in the winter? I don't want to have to cross the sisters between Evanston and Mtn View, but wondered how the roads are to Kemmerer?

Old 11-28-2018, 10:52 PM

331 posts, read 316,096 times
Can’t remember the state highway number offhand, but it’s not a heavily traveled highway. In my experience, it’s a lower priority than, say, US 30. On windy days, pay attention for drifts that want to creep onto the pavement between snowplow runs. Black ice is always a concern.

In other words, typical wintertime Wyoming road conditions.

And I’m not sure why I don’t speed through Carter. Never seen an officer there, but it sure would be a great place to get a speeding ticket.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming