Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2007, 02:47 PM

11 posts, read 29,181 times

Advertisements

Is there any organic stuff in Gillette?

I was just curious if the local grocery stores or local meat market or farmers market has organic food?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2007, 03:41 PM

Location: My heart is in Wyoming, my body is soon to follow.....
745 posts, read 4,064,789 times
I believe there's a Safeway in Gillette. They sell their own line of organic foods. The nearest Wild Oats is in Denver, so I hope for your sake they sell something there in one of the stores. Actually maybe Billings has something, but it's not exactly close either.

Old 08-06-2007, 05:34 PM

11 posts, read 29,181 times
Thanks for your reply. At least if I can get some good organic fruits and veggies I will be ok. I don't really want to have to drive for hours to get organic foods. HA!

Old 08-06-2007, 06:40 PM

11,555 posts, read 53,154,100 times
There's several organic vendors at the Cheyenne Tuesday Farmer's Market, and a Whole Paycheck ... er, Foods ... in Fort Collins.

Many of the local vendors at your area Farmer's markets will have organically raised local produce during the season. Also, Sam's Clubs are starting to carry organic products.

Check with your local county extension office for organic producers in your area.

Old 08-07-2007, 08:05 PM

1 posts, read 3,038 times
just so you know, there is no safeway in gillette, we have a super wal-mart, albertsons, smiths, and dons supermarket......im not really sure if any of these places sell organic foods, but i know that there is no safeway

Old 08-10-2007, 08:25 AM

1 posts, read 3,330 times
there is a health food store south on 59 just past lakeway on the right side of road they carry some organic things

Old 08-10-2007, 08:58 AM

18,700 posts, read 42,041,465 times
Not sure about the Wal-Mart in Gillette, but the Wal-Mart in Sheridan has several organic items.

You know, it's like diesel fuel. Unless you own a diesel, you don't realize what stations have it and what stations don't. Organic food, in Sheridan, is all over the place, just had to look.

Old 08-28-2007, 04:01 PM

5 posts, read 14,818 times
While there is no Safeway here, there is organic food. The Health Food Store mentioned earlier and also, if you pick up the weekly grocery ads, Smiths and sometimes Albertsons always have almost the whole back page filled with all their organic food that is on sale and otherwise.

Old 08-29-2007, 07:44 PM

103 posts, read 706,333 times
I too would check out the Super Wal-mart. I know the ones here in North Dakota have an organic section in the ones I've been too. (Bismarck, Williston, and Minot)

Old 12-22-2007, 04:58 PM

471 posts, read 1,508,392 times
I know I'm adding to this months later, but just in case anyone else wants to know...

Yep, the WalMart in Gillette has a pretty fair selection of organics... I get their bagged organic gala apples (yum) and I've seen other organics in the produce section.

They also have things to choose from in the canned/boxed/dry foods section like organic applesauce, salsa, soups, cereals, peanut butter, Annie's canned and boxed items...

And I was happy to find the Stonyfield Farm organic yogurt and Egglands Best eggs.

They also have pure maple syrup.

I do wish they had more whole grain breads to choose from though... haven't been thrilled about that selection.

They don't offer as many items as I was used to seeing in the Colorado Springs WalMart though. There they were competing with the local Whole Foods store (happily for me), so they even had organic cookies and crackers available at WalMart...

In Smiths (in Gillette), toward the front of the store to the left (if you're facing the doors), they have a few small isles devoted to organics it seems (cereals, granola bars, juices even, etc). But much pricer, so I rarely buy anything from that section. There are also items scattered around in the regular isles. I found a jar of organic strawberry jam there the other day.

I'm not organic crazy, but I do look for it. If it's a reasonable price than I go for it.

Hope this helps.

I'll have to check out that health food store. Didn't know about that...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming