U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Unread 06-20-2011, 03:31 AM

1 posts, read 456 times
Bigbird389

I moved from Forest City NC to rapid city sd about a year ago. I am about two days away from finding out if i have to move from rapid city sd to casper for my job. I have been to casper and in just about every city north of Casper and there isnt a whole lot between Casper and Billings. Based on my experience Casper is very similiar to any smaller town in NC. If yoy have ever been to Gastonia or Apex near Raliegh it feels a lot like that. I will agree with everyone that says renting in this area is tough. Anything under 1500 bucks is very basic. The good thing is your only 3.5 hours from Denver, so its not a bad drive to get to a larger city. I personally am excited to move to Casper, if you like a slowpaced lifestyle with a reasonable amount of accomodations casper is a good place for you. If your coming from charlotte or raliegh you may be disappointed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 08-22-2011, 09:24 AM

20 posts, read 32,619 times
Not to hijack this thread but theres a lot of useful info here...I too am transfering my NC to Casper. I've posted another thread to that point but must say I am NOT from NC (been living in Lillington), rather from MT and am looking forward to the lifestyle.

Anyone having luck getting realtors to respond?

Unread 08-24-2011, 03:15 PM

1 posts, read 302 times
hey Big Bird we are also considering relocating to Casper or either Rock Springs for work.. how have you found the location to be for you so far. And yes it will be a big change from NC. I am orig from WA state and now live in MI....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming