Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2011, 07:22 PM

291 posts, read 667,962 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiainwyo View Post
Finally, all moved out of our Gillette home and now here in Meeteetse. Other than poor cell phone coverage, all is well! So nice being close to Cody where my daughter & her family are, and a lot to closer to Billings, where my son & his family are. The older I get, the more precious my family becomes Excited about the new job. Hubby started his on Monday and so far, so good. Startled me a little today to hear the fire siren go off....it has been a few years since I've been in a town with a volunteer fire department! I just feel so "at home" being back in a tiny town
When you go to Billings, watch out for the speed traps in Cowley. Stay at least 5 Mph under the speed limit. Or just bypass the place if you can.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2011, 06:06 PM

1,872 posts, read 4,204,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KTMMan View Post
When you go to Billings, watch out for the speed traps in Cowley. Stay at least 5 Mph under the speed limit. Or just bypass the place if you can.
Oh, I know all about that. I grew up in the Big Horn Basin & it has always been a speed trap. Bridger & Fromberg, too. I won't be going through Cowley (typically) as we go through Belfry.

Old 08-20-2011, 08:02 PM

291 posts, read 667,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiainwyo View Post
Oh, I know all about that. I grew up in the Big Horn Basin & it has always been a speed trap. Bridger & Fromberg, too. I won't be going through Cowley (typically) as we go through Belfry.
I've never been disrespectful of a cop in my entire life. But I had one heck of a conversation with this guy. My family is from Cowley and I told him I had relatives buried in the town cemetary. We wanted to look around a couple days and spend a few bucks, maybe help the local economy a little. But no, their was no way I was going to stop if that is the way this town is run. He got all red in the face and told me I didn't have to get angry, it was JUST A SPEEDING TICKET. I'd been driving that truck and trailer 55MPH for over three thousand miles at that point (because of the fuel costs) and there was no way I was speeding. I kept right on going into Montana and had a great time.

Old 08-28-2011, 06:33 PM

3,639 posts, read 6,242,599 times
Saturday aftertnoon and night in Meeteetse
[SIZE=3]Had the Land Trust BBQ Saturday night, I got to Start things off introducing my board, staff, dignitaries and the Governor ,He also helped me hand out some belt buckles . He and his family sat at Sue and my table along with my vice chair and his wife. Steaks, salad, potatoes and a Chocolate dessert (from the Meeteetse Chocolatier | Truffles, Chocolate and Specialty Treats), Auction went great we made some money, and then the band and bar stayed open till 11:00.... Oh this was in the middle of a hay meadow under a couple of big tents...
good sized crowd around 240[/SIZE]

Old 08-28-2011, 10:44 PM

1,872 posts, read 4,204,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jody_wy View Post
Saturday aftertnoon and night in Meeteetse
[SIZE=3]Had the Land Trust BBQ Saturday night, I got to Start things off introducing my board, staff, dignitaries and the Governor ,He also helped me hand out some belt buckles . He and his family sat at Sue and my table along with my vice chair and his wife. Steaks, salad, potatoes and a Chocolate dessert (from the Meeteetse Chocolatier | Truffles, Chocolate and Specialty Treats), Auction went great we made some money, and then the band and bar stayed open till 11:00.... Oh this was in the middle of a hay meadow under a couple of big tents...[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] good sized crowd around 240[/SIZE]
My son-in-law's dad was at this event, too. He is a Big Horn County Commissioner. This coming weekend is the big 99th anniversary Labor Day celebration here in Meeteetse. Kind of a bustling little town lately!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming