Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2011, 01:09 PM

992 posts, read 2,372,276 times

Advertisements

is leaving Wyoming. I should've listened to you folks! LOL!

It's not a terrible thing we left, as we've been here to help my Dad after his wife (my stepmom whom I loved dearly) passed this past November. My husband has made enroads at his job, we added another blessing to our family, making me now Crazymomof4!

But, as I sit in the 3rd month of 100 degree temperatures, inside because it's so hot out, looking to move out of my neighborhood because of break ins, I'm so sad I'm not in Wyoming anymore. The husband and I had a LONG talk about it today, and we know hindsight is always 20/20, but I miss it there so badly. I miss my kids riding their bikes down the street; I will not allow that here. I miss going up to the mountains for free entertainment; here, everything COSTS. I miss my wood stove and my $20 electric bill; last month, here, my bill was $300.

We will be back. I cannot live in Texas anymore. It's too hot, humid, unsafe.

We're planning on in 2 years...it'd be tomorrow if it were up to me! I hope the industrial sector will have ample jobs by then; I will be done with school by then as well. My husband is in the drill pipe manufacturing industry now and it's taken a huge hit.

Thank you to all that gave such great information. Now,get me back up there!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2011, 02:12 PM

10,350 posts, read 13,922,565 times
I never thought I would move to Wyoming and now I can't stomach the thought of leaving. Sorry to hear about your stepmom. Hopefully you will make it back here.

Old 08-14-2011, 03:31 PM

992 posts, read 2,372,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoEagle View Post
I never thought I would move to Wyoming and now I can't stomach the thought of leaving. Sorry to hear about your stepmom. Hopefully you will make it back here.
Thank you. It's definitely a goal; we did it before, we can do it again. I sure miss it.

Old 08-14-2011, 11:40 PM

254 posts, read 878,785 times
When I was much younger, before we "landed" in WY I had already lived around the world and spoke (past tense ) 3 different languages. I'd also lived from coast to coast in the U.S.--and at that time WY was potentially just a "stop." We (my mother and brother) ended up staying--but I as a cocky teenager couldn't wait to get out after graduating. And I did...

Oh I had a great time going off to college, but I soon realized the value I'd left behind. I went and had my adventures--and came back. Now I really can't imagine moving away. There may be a day that I have to if I lose my job (considering it's a bit specialized)--but there are very few states that I think would compare to here.

I really hope you get to move home soon. Home is where the heart is....

Old 08-15-2011, 09:03 AM

18,700 posts, read 42,038,378 times
I'm glad your planning on returning. Wyoming takes special planning. lol It's not for everyone but you've been here and you know what to expect.

So many people move here, unaware of what to expect. They know there's going to be cold but they don't even think of -40 and then add 50+ mph winds on top of it. They don't expect the road being closed for 3 days. But you have an advantage.

The 2 years are going to drag by so slow, or seemingly slow. But it's not long.

Have you figured out where you want ot live when you come back? I've lived all over Eastern Wyoming, but I know very little about the Western side of the state. I love it here in the Sheridan area. Seems we don't have near the bad weather that others experience.

Good luck on your planning. Wyoming changes every day, so keep in touch here and ask away.

Old 08-16-2011, 01:08 PM

27 posts, read 46,844 times
We are moving to Wyoming in 2 days. I have heard great things about it. We are going to live in a small town 60 miles outside of Rawlins. We are all packed up and ready to head to a new life in Wyoming!!

Old 08-16-2011, 06:35 PM

10,420 posts, read 14,592,442 times
What's the difference between Wyoming and Heaven?

You have to be dead to go to Heaven.

Old 08-16-2011, 09:09 PM

27 posts, read 46,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post

I love it!!!

Old 08-16-2011, 09:46 PM

448 posts, read 1,198,111 times
Quote:

Right on...........

Old 08-16-2011, 10:12 PM

10,350 posts, read 13,922,565 times
Quote:

Love it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming