Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2011, 11:07 AM

15 posts, read 37,257 times

Advertisements

HI. I am moving to Douglas Wy from Denver Co and am looking for a place by the end of August? IF you have any ideas as to nice apartments would love pet friendly but if not thats fine.

I am 22 years old, my credit is not the best but my CBI is clean drug free, only drink socially.

I"m moving to continue my career and will be working in DOuglas starting a job Sept 1st.

Thanks so much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2011, 12:12 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,057,790 times
I would recommend contacting realitors in Douglas as they handle most of the rentals. If they don't handle them, then it's word of mouth and to my knowledge, we don't have any regulars on City Data, that live in Douglas.

The other thing you can do is contact the Chamber of Commerce and see if they have a lead on rentals.

Here are some websites that may give you leads:

Douglas (City)

Douglas Chamber of Commerce

Douglas Demographics

Old 08-18-2011, 06:12 PM

632 posts, read 1,517,521 times
Hey, I moved to Douglas in July. There is an apt. with a "For Rent" sign in the window on 4th street. I'll stop by tomorrow and catch a phone number for ya.

Here's a link to the Douglas Budget, our newspaper. There are a few 1- and 2-bedroom apts.

Douglas Budget: Converse County's Leading Newspaper since 1886

Quote:
Originally Posted by caringkatie00 View Post
HI. I am moving to Douglas Wy from Denver Co and am looking for a place by the end of August? IF you have any ideas as to nice apartments would love pet friendly but if not thats fine.

I am 22 years old, my credit is not the best but my CBI is clean drug free, only drink socially.

I"m moving to continue my career and will be working in DOuglas starting a job Sept 1st.

Thanks so much!

Old 08-19-2011, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyolady View Post
Hey, I moved to Douglas in July. There is an apt. with a "For Rent" sign in the window on 4th street. I'll stop by tomorrow and catch a phone number for ya.

Here's a link to the Douglas Budget, our newspaper. There are a few 1- and 2-bedroom apts.

wyolady- Thanks so much I greatly appreciate it! How is douglas wy? Where did you move from? I was just kinda curious. I love the country, but have never been there before! I have interview on Monday so If you can give me the address of where the one you seen posted was I can drive by and look! Thanks so much again! I"m caling the other 2 as well off the paper. Are there any low income apartments that are juust 1 bedroom? I called one and they said you have to have 2 people for a 2 bedroom so just curious! thanks again!!

Old 08-19-2011, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
I would recommend contacting realitors in Douglas as they handle most of the rentals. If they don't handle them, then it's word of mouth and to my knowledge, we don't have any regulars on City Data, that live in Douglas.

The other thing you can do is contact the Chamber of Commerce and see if they have a lead on rentals.

Here are some websites that may give you leads:

Douglas (City)

Douglas Chamber of Commerce

Douglas Demographics
Thanks Elk Hunter! I will check them all out! Any Idea how far casper is from Douglas? About an hour? Hows the winter time in wyoming? does it get pretty ugly! Thanks

Old 08-19-2011, 09:18 AM

18,700 posts, read 42,057,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caringkatie00 View Post
Thanks Elk Hunter! I will check them all out! Any Idea how far casper is from Douglas? About an hour? Hows the winter time in wyoming? does it get pretty ugly! Thanks
Roughly an hour, in good weather. Winters can get pretty ugly, but Wyoming Highway Department does an excellent job of keeping snow off the road, but unfortunately they can't do much about visibility when the wind is blowing. In that neck of the woods, the wind is usually blowing. haha

Roads will shut down for a few hours, sometimes overnight. Overnight is not often.

Here is a link to low income apartments in Wyoming. MFH Rentals (USDA RD) County Selections

Just pick the county.

Old 08-19-2011, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
Roughly an hour, in good weather. Winters can get pretty ugly, but Wyoming Highway Department does an excellent job of keeping snow off the road, but unfortunately they can't do much about visibility when the wind is blowing. In that neck of the woods, the wind is usually blowing. haha

Roads will shut down for a few hours, sometimes overnight. Overnight is not often.

Here is a link to low income apartments in Wyoming. MFH Rentals (USDA RD) County Selections

Just pick the county.
Thanks! They only have 2 bedroom I"m trying to get a 1 bedroom! I think I found a litttle house for rent in Douglas! At least I hope I like it! Thanks for all your help!

Old 08-20-2011, 05:02 PM

16,787 posts, read 49,063,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyolady View Post

I was pretty sure I remembered a post about one of the Wyoming regulars moving to Douglas recently, and was just hunting for it.

There are several other threads about people moving to Douglas here:

Moving from Texas to Douglas
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming