Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2007, 05:05 PM

9 posts, read 37,695 times

Advertisements

My husband and I will be attending the University of Wyoming in Fall 2008, and we're planning to move out to the area by the end of Feb. We don't have any kids but we do happen to have a cat and two (caged) rabbits. When moving into our first apartment out here in Michigan, we had an issue with apartments that allowed rabbits. Now, looking for apartments in Laramie, we seem to have an issue finding apartments that allow cats.

Does anyone have any recommendations for apartments that allow pets? Also, I guess as a bonus question, what areas around Laramie could we look for apartments that are still within driving distance to the university?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2007, 08:06 AM

4,803 posts, read 8,749,891 times
There are a myriad of homes for rent here in Laramie during the school year. I would suggest that you subscribe to the Laramie Boomerang, especially Sunday's issue. There were a page and a half of houses for rent yesterday. They are much more likely to allow pets than apartments.

Old 08-20-2007, 03:03 PM

264 posts, read 1,094,180 times
craigslist.com

you'll find most of the wyoming rentals listed there are for cheyenne or laramie. just go to apts/housing in the wyoming section and search for laramie. i just got 12 results for the city. anyway, that's how i found my rental home.

good luck!

Old 08-23-2007, 02:13 AM

592 posts, read 2,244,145 times
I had to smile when you asked about driving distance. Laramie is fairly small and everything there is within 15 minutes. If you go outside of town it might take up to 30 minutes, (Cheyenne is about 45 minutes away !) winter driving would make that time longer though.

Old 05-08-2008, 09:43 AM

1 posts, read 5,275 times
Default Frontier Days, Cheyenne Wyoming 2010

My husband and I want our 4 sons, their wives and our six grandchildren who live in different states to meet in Cheyenne Wyoming for Frontier Days in 2010 to celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary. We would like to rent a home, condo, apartment or motel where we could all have rooms nearby one another. We would like to have suggestions on any information that would help us make this a pleasant, relaxing visit. Our stay would be from 4 days to a week during Frontier Days. Thankyou for your help.

Old 05-08-2008, 11:09 AM

215 posts, read 667,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheyenne01 View Post
My husband and I want our 4 sons, their wives and our six grandchildren who live in different states to meet in Cheyenne Wyoming for Frontier Days in 2010 to celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary. We would like to rent a home, condo, apartment or motel where we could all have rooms nearby one another. We would like to have suggestions on any information that would help us make this a pleasant, relaxing visit. Our stay would be from 4 days to a week during Frontier Days. Thankyou for your help.
I think there are some very good people on here that could help you with this but you either need to start your own thread or post under another one relating to your question. You may not get the answer you need on this one

Old 05-11-2008, 10:30 PM

430 posts, read 1,623,163 times
Finding homes/apt's to rent that allow pets in Wyo is not really easy - since the housing market is a premium, the landlords can be VERY particular. You are more likely to find a place that will let you have a horse actually! LOL!!! But they exist...just have to be persistent. Unfortunately MANY of the apt's / homes for rent in NW Wyo already are rented before the prev. renters are even moved out - those would be the ones that allow children &/or pets.

True story - in 1987 hubby & I looked at a 4-bedroom HUGE house with 2 acres & allowed NO CHILDREN OR PETS??? Why on EARTH would anybody want a 4-bedroom house if they didn't have kids???????? But...that was 1987...

Old 05-13-2008, 07:56 PM

1,047 posts, read 2,785,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheyenne01 View Post

I agree that you need to start your own thread with this question. Look in the top left corner of the page after your open the Wyoming section - just type in your question. You are planning ahead - that is good.

My girlfriends and I are renting a couple of RV's and parking in the Wal-Mart parking lot is our plan for this year. I'll let you know if it works. Two of the ladies will have little dogs with them...no children allowed...no husbands either!! HA HA HA
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming