U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 10-23-2011, 08:42 PM

5 posts, read 8,982 times
Default Transportation from Sheridan to Billings

Dear Sheridan Residents,

We (family of 3) will be moving to Sheridan to start a new position with UW. We are moving from the South and have no experience driving/dealing in winter conditions. We wish to travel in December and will be flying from Billings MT. Is there any public transportation from Sheridan to Billings airport. Any replies will be appreciated. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2011, 02:12 PM

14,070 posts, read 18,460,583 times
I don't live there but I found this.

These two bus lines appear to have routes from Billings to Sheridan.

Welcome to Rimrock Trailways - Rimrock Trailways

Service Locations: Jefferson Lines

And there is a Sheridan taxi. I could not find a website for them.

Sheridan Transportation Taxi
Phone
(307) 674-6814

Address
23 N Scott St
Sheridan
Wyoming, 82801-6336

I can't imagine living in Wyoming and not having a car. I hope you intend to buy one once you get there.

Old 10-24-2011, 04:35 PM

Dear CptnRn,

Thank you for the links. I appreciate it. I do have a car, which I will ship. My concern is I've never driven in winter conditions before (snow/sleet etc), which is why we wish to use public transportation. I guess we'll become experts once we start driving there during the course of time.

Thanks

Adam

Old 10-24-2011, 08:43 PM

17,170 posts, read 20,734,058 times
There is Jefferson Line which runs two buses a day. The Depot is at the North End of town. It's the Red Eagle, Shell Station at 2490 N. Main. 307-674-6188. Give them a call for the schedules. Sheridan pickup is strange time, like 3:30am or something like that. Don't know where they depot in Billings.

Old 10-25-2011, 05:17 PM

47 posts, read 62,574 times
I would only add this: unless the weather is bad I-90 which links Sheridan and Billings is kept up in pretty good condition. If you drive at the speed of traffic, 65-75 depending on road conditions you should be fine. You should know 2-3 days in advance if a weather front is on its way or not. I hope you will find Sheridan to your liking, for Wyoming we have relativly mild weather.

Old 11-03-2011, 09:31 PM

Thank you all the information. We are excited to be in Sheridan. I'll be officially employed with UW but will be teaching and doing research at Sheridan college. We hope to meet new people and make friends in Sheridan!

Old 11-03-2011, 09:57 PM

17,170 posts, read 20,734,058 times
I think you will really love it in Sheridan. There is so much to do that it is unbelievable, as long as you are into outdoor activities.

Take a look at the Sheridan Press and you'll find a list of activities going on in town. You will find that there is way too much to enjoy all of it. There is literally something going on every day and night. For instance. The high school choir is only about 30 kids. But they are so good that when they put on a sing at the highschool (500 seats) that the place is standing room only.

The Fairgrounds are right in town, up 5th street. There is most always something going on there every day.

We have a theater in town. Yes, several screens but that's not the one I'm talking about. We have a theater with a stage and stand up acting. Book readings, cowboy poetry, comedy, everything you can imagine.

If you have a dog, there is a dog park in town.

Like I say, I think you'll love it here. If you have any questions, just ask away. There are 3 or 4 regulars on here that live in Sheridan.

Old 11-04-2011, 08:51 PM

Thanks ElkHunter,

We love the outdoors and I've been reading a lot about Sheridan. I loved the downtown area, which I visited when I interviewed there in Aug. We look forward to having a great time and learning more about the culture.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming