Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2011, 10:25 AM

11,555 posts, read 53,177,205 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Dove View Post
Wow, I appreciate all the comments so far even though they've been a bit different than I expected.

I do feel like Sunspirit did a background check on me. Must have gone back to read some of my previous posts to see that I lived in Denver prior to moving out to Eastern Colorado about 6 months ago.

No "background check" ... you mentioned your Denver past and recent move to the plains in a thread about winds in Casper where I posted, too.

The only ethnic food I've had since moving out here is what I've cooked myself. I'm getting much better.

Please keep the comments coming and try to keep the anger to a minimum.
Don't know how soon you'll be heading to Casper, if the job works out for your wife ... but I'll be there in the near term for my Rep sales and will have more opportunities to sample the fare up there. Part of the sales shtick is to head out to lunch with prospects/clients ....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2011, 01:03 PM

692 posts, read 1,706,940 times
I live in Sheridan and have basically the same experience that sunspirit has with the Casper resturants. It is not bad food it is just mediocre at best. It seems as if the owners know that the customer is "captured" and they have no incentive to improve. Like I said it is not bad food, just average.

Old 11-15-2011, 07:05 PM

3,648 posts, read 6,290,042 times
like the Silver Fox , think Fire rock is over priced and over rated

Old 11-17-2011, 04:18 AM

788 posts, read 1,741,611 times
The chinese buffet in the mall (i ate there in august) was the absolutely worst I have ever had and I'm not that picky. i dont mind the 'low quality' buffets. And 13 bucks a person - outrageous.

Outside of the big chain restaurants- i like the Hamburger Stand. Good and cheap place to take kiddos although not really 'ethnic' lol

what kind of job is your wife interviewing for?

Old 11-17-2011, 09:56 AM

28 posts, read 74,581 times
Well, we just confirmed that we'll be in Casper on December 2nd, 3rd, and 4th. My wife made it to the third stage of the interview process. The face-to-face. It's about a 7 hour drive for us and we'll be leaving Thursday night.

Keep the comments coming.

Are there any nice parks in town with bike trails?

Where to locals go for outdoor target shooting? Public shooting ranges? Out in eastern Colorado every town seems to have a public shooting range where you can shoot for free.

rya700: It would probably be unwise for me to say exactly what my wife is interviewing for at the moment. You never know how those kind of things can bite you. I will say that it is a government job in Casper.

Last edited by Mr_Dove; 11-17-2011 at 10:15 AM.. Reason: addition

Old 11-17-2011, 10:36 AM

11,555 posts, read 53,177,205 times
Casper has an abundance of small outdoor park spaces which may suit your needs.

I like the open space along the Casper river which is central to the area ...

You'll not be at a loss for public lands or other opportunites where you can get in target practice in the area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming