Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2011, 06:34 PM

10,350 posts, read 13,936,640 times

Advertisements

I know that I have asked about this town before, but I haven't gone into specific detail about it, so here goes:

Is this a town that has an old population? I'm guessing the major employers are Pepsi and the Boy's School but the town seems agricultural to me and I know that often means a gray population.

What do most people in the 25 to 35 age bracket do for fun? Is it mostly a drinking kind of town?

Is there much in the way of arts? By this I mean live music, art walks, or plays? I know nowhere in Wyoming is going to be New York City but a little bit of that kind of scene is always nice. I'm wondering if it is something like Sheridan.

Does the town have many events that bring out the entire town?

What is the cost of living like? By this I mean rent, utilities, and groceries.

I'm not worried about the weather. I have lived in Wyoming and Montana most of my life and can deal with what Mother Nature throws at me in the part of the country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2011, 10:39 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,053,353 times
If you go to Worland, get envolved with the JC"s. Junior Chamber of Commerce. It's an organization of under 40 (that's the cut off).

I have been to Worland on several trips and it was always for the Junior Chamber. I met several young people just starting out in business. These folks are tomorrow's professionals. Doesn't meant you have to be a professional starting out in business, but it affords you the opportunity to learn about the city and to meet the shakers. These folks knew all the in's and out's of Worland and can put you in touch with thousands of things to do, other then visit the local bar. Course you can do that too. hahaha But they know of all the party's that the city puts on, business puts on, get togethers, lunchons, coffee's, etc... There is a morning coffee bunch that get together and discuss things the city is going to do like parades, etc...

Well worth joining the JC's. Lots of fun projects. I joined many years ago and I ran the Shooting Education program in Sheridan. Must have done a pretty good job because I ended up taking my shooting team (7 kids under 14) all the way to Bowling Green Kentucky to the International Finals. While I was away, the state voted me into office as the "State Program Manager for Shooting Education." I was a JC for 1.5 years and went from a newbee to holding State Office. It was a blast. But I did that while living in Sheridan. I joined when I was 39. If I had known what it was like I woud have joined when I was 20. I learned more about Sheridan in 1.5 years then I ever learned from years and years of living here.

Old 12-20-2011, 07:45 AM

97 posts, read 183,674 times
Good dirtbike riding in Worland. Well, maybe not in but around...

Good people too, I got not one but two flat tires on a trailer coming through there and a local towed my trailer over the mountains to Sheridan for a minimal price. Especially since he was just getting off of work and there was no way he was getting home til at least 11pm. Good stuff.

Old 12-20-2011, 12:00 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,705 posts, read 58,031,425 times
any kids? IIRC, The schools have previously had a great reputation. And solid 'town spirit'

Old 12-20-2011, 12:10 PM

16,787 posts, read 49,058,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoEagle View Post
I know that I have asked about this town before, but I haven't gone into specific detail about it, so here goes:

Is this a town that has an old population? I'm guessing the major employers are Pepsi and the Boy's School but the town seems agricultural to me and I know that often means a gray population.

What do most people in the 25 to 35 age bracket do for fun? Is it mostly a drinking kind of town?

Is there much in the way of arts? By this I mean live music, art walks, or plays? I know nowhere in Wyoming is going to be New York City but a little bit of that kind of scene is always nice. I'm wondering if it is something like Sheridan.

Does the town have many events that bring out the entire town?

What is the cost of living like? By this I mean rent, utilities, and groceries.

I'm not worried about the weather. I have lived in Wyoming and Montana most of my life and can deal with what Mother Nature throws at me in the part of the country.
See the charts for the most common occupations about a third of the way down the page, agriculture does not make the list. You will also find median rent, cost of living and other information here. http://www.city-data.com/city/Worland-Wyoming.html

More detail on residents and housing here: http://www.city-data.com/housing/hou...d-Wyoming.html

With a population of less then 5,000 you are not going to find a lot of cultural activities.

Note the percentages of unmarried males and females in the 25-35 age groups below.

Last edited by CptnRn; 12-20-2011 at 12:21 PM..

Old 12-20-2011, 05:17 PM

10,350 posts, read 13,936,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthRabbit View Post
any kids? IIRC, The schools have previously had a great reputation. And solid 'town spirit'
No kids but that is still good to know should I end up having any. ElkHunter, thanks for that tip. That sounds like a great organization. Do they have a web site by chance? To the rest of you thanks for the advice as well.

Any others with advice keep it coming please.

Old 12-20-2011, 06:49 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,053,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoEagle View Post
No kids but that is still good to know should I end up having any. ElkHunter, thanks for that tip. That sounds like a great organization. Do they have a web site by chance? To the rest of you thanks for the advice as well.

Any others with advice keep it coming please.
The Chamber of Commerce has a website, but the Junior Chamber doesn't. The Junior Chamber is for thos under 40, the regular Chamber is for business owners or the business shakers in the community.

To Do and See - Worland Ten Sleep Wyoming Chamber of Commerce - Wyoming Vacation, Wyoming Tourism, Hunting in Wyoming, Wyoming Information (http://www.worlandchamber.com/to_do_and_see.htm - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming