Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2012, 09:19 PM

11,555 posts, read 53,171,880 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoNewk View Post
Have you had your 62nd b-day yet, Sunsprit? If so be sure to pick up the National Park Service senior pass. $10 for lifetime, and it'll get you half price camping in all forest service campgrounds ~ $6 - $7 per night. With both you should usually be near a nice, cheap camping spot in Wyoming.
Thanks for the tip ... but I'm somewhat past that milestone and yes, I've bought that NPS senior pass already.

Looking forward to warmer weather when my non-winterized Class B RV can have all of it's functions in action.

Got a laugh out of it last week when I had the propane tank filled in Casper as I was concerned about having full fuel when I set out to Riverton ... I hadn't filled the propane tank since last September, and I've been using the furnace regularly for my regional travels since then. Spent a fair number of nights stealth camping in the western NE and then up to Rapid City area before heading over to Sturgis and then back into NE Wyoming. $15 to fill that propane tank; just in time to stealth camp in the loop through Cody.

The propane heats the rig, keeps the Dometic refrigerator/freezer cold, and cooks my meals, plus provides a nominal amount of hot water for clean/washing up. I don't mind paying a reasonable price for an RV park site overnight with full facilities ... but I looked last night at the place in Basin at $20 for a spot to park with a 20 amp hook-up and no other facilities, so drove on. Just for comparison, I stopped at a couple of the motels in town, where the lowest price where I could stay (with my small dog) was $68 + tax. Nope, I'm headed down the road for that kind of money .... especially if you are familiar with those little motels in Basin, most look like they were built for the Model A tourist traffic way back when ... and haven't had the bedding or facilities cleaned up much since then.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2012, 09:20 PM

10,350 posts, read 13,934,050 times
If you're willing to road trip to get good prime rib I'm sure there are some places in Jackson to get it. I like the Wort Hotel, although I never have gotten prime rib there. The Gun Barrel is a place that serves wild game.

Old 02-15-2012, 09:25 PM

774 posts, read 2,582,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoEagle View Post
If you're willing to road trip to get good prime rib I'm sure there are some places in Jackson to get it. I like the Wort Hotel, although I never have gotten prime rib there. The Gun Barrel is a place that serves wild game.
I had the bison prime rib at the Gun Barrel a couple of weeks ago and it was delicious!

Old 02-15-2012, 09:29 PM

278 posts, read 606,112 times
I live in Southern Wyoming now, but when ever I go back up to Cody, I go to the Irma for the all you can eat prime rib buffet on Friday and Saturday nights. Glad to hear that I won't have to see you there Sunsprit, more prime rib for me!

Old 02-15-2012, 09:54 PM

The Hotel Wolf in Saratoga also has excellent prime rib...

Old 02-22-2012, 02:07 PM

380 posts, read 1,145,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poletop View Post
I live in Southern Wyoming now, but when ever I go back up to Cody, I go to the Irma for the all you can eat prime rib buffet on Friday and Saturday nights. Glad to hear that I won't have to see you there Sunsprit, more prime rib for me!
Hey Poletop, I agree with you on prime rib at the Irma.
I had some filet steak and lobster here in CA. at Claim Jumpers
It was really really good...the server said they are best known for there prime rib...so the next time I went there I ordered it...been along time since I had prime rib....it must have been over cooked because it was terrible!

When I was in Cody the parents took me out to the Irma and we buffeted the prime rib...excellent..first time I ever ate there and would recommend it.

The Claim Jumper I ate at went belly-up! A Tony Romas is there now
I have yet to try it

Old 02-22-2012, 11:17 PM

41 posts, read 194,322 times
As long as we're on the subject of restaurants--last year my gal and I made a trip thru your wonderful state. We started by staying in a B+B outside Torrington (Tea Kettle Ranch). We were cruising thru town and saw a place called 'Jose Paisano's'. Intrigued by the name, we tried it out and were rewarded by a good home town meal. Place was packed with locals. I'll go there again.

Old 02-23-2012, 07:02 PM

291 posts, read 669,554 times
If your looking for a great meal on the road, try the pepper steak at Lisa's in Greybull. Had it many times and it's always been excellent. The Proud Cut has always been good also.

Old 02-25-2012, 10:30 AM

3,648 posts, read 6,288,980 times
Dad's Bar and Steakhouse in Thayne dose a rock salt pack on their prime rib,they grill up a good rib steak too

Old 02-25-2012, 08:08 PM

I will try Dads Bar the next time I'm through Thayne.. Thanks Jody! I went out tonight to Goin South in Urie, at the crossroads (between Lyman and Mountain View). Sweet mesquite smoked prime rib. WOW!..Only an hour west of Rock Springs.. Not the greatest atmosphere, but what a great piece of meat. They start serving at 5 pm and are ususally sold out by 7 (so they tell me).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming