Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-06-2007, 12:59 AM

3 posts, read 23,352 times

Advertisements

does any one have any info about schlumberger??? will they relocate you, is the pay good,etc,etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2007, 07:16 AM

264 posts, read 1,093,625 times
I interviewed with schlumberger a few months back. The pay is good, the training is very good and the technology they work with is the best in the industry. Great company to work for, if you can survive the extensive training program (during which you're paid less). If you make it through, your pay goes up quite a bit. The job I interviewed for was I&E. Good luck to you.

Old 09-07-2007, 11:37 AM

42 posts, read 181,802 times
My SIL has been with Schlumberger for 19 years now. (And, he Dad retired from there several years back.)

After college my SIL started out in the oil fields and worked out of Green River, WY. Later took a transfer to Lafayette, LA, then onto New Orleans, then onto Katy, TX, then onto Frisco, TX, and finally back to Katy, TX. Every move was a great promotion, so I think if one is upwardly mobile that's the company to work for.

He makes great money, but he definitely had to climbed that ladder from the oil fields, to off shore oil rigs in the Gulf of Mexico, and now works in the office.

His bonus checks every month are more than my monthly income. Then add in his regular check - and it's just excellent money.

Also, I know they take good care of their employees. After Katrina, I believe Schlumberger had 1700 employees that were effected by the flooding. They found housing for everyone of them. Didn't even bother to see what FEMA would do for them - 'course, now we know FEMA probably wouldn't have done anything for them.

Good luck to you.

Old 09-09-2007, 12:12 AM

3 posts, read 23,352 times
thanks for the info!!!

Old 09-10-2007, 03:19 PM

13 posts, read 69,141 times
I went to SOS staffing here in Rock Springs as I just moved here a couple of weeks ago and need a job bad. I asked about Schlumberger and filled out some applications and all and the gal that worked their account was gone all last week...hope to hear something today or tomorrow.

The thing is that I have a teaching degree and Im not teaching, but I don't know what all is available for jobs at Schulmberger (or Halliburton for that matter)....they weren't able to give me any info.

I know there are lots of jobs out here, but I don't even know where to look. I read the paper once in a while and I don't see much info there...maybe its just booming so much that word of mouth is all that is needed?

I even applied out at Black Butte a few weeks back but havent heard from them.

Any tips?
Thanks.
Ryan

Old 09-12-2007, 07:23 AM

2,007 posts, read 6,828,546 times
I used to find alot of jobs in the bar. I don't know about today, but in the last boom most roughnecking jobs were found there. I haven't had to really look for a job for over nine years but what happened to just "nocking on doors" and asking to fill out a application. Or am I out of touch?
You should be able to read the paper for free at the library, and also use the computer to cruise the job banks.

Last edited by shadowwalker; 09-12-2007 at 07:26 AM.. Reason: added info

Old 09-12-2007, 11:39 AM

42 posts, read 181,802 times
Yep, shadowwalker, that's what I would say too.

Old 09-12-2007, 05:27 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,041,465 times
Nope, Shadowwalker, You are not out on a limb. During the oil boom of 72 I found more jobs at the Mint then I did at the employment office.

Old 09-13-2007, 10:12 AM

2,007 posts, read 6,828,546 times
I can remember the drillers going into the Kasba Lounge, Outlaw Bar or White Mountian Mineing Co. And Hollaring out "I need a Hand!" And waiting for a answer. Or being there the night before drinking and looking for help. I also remember the notes at the public boards on City Market store and some other places. With names and addresses of people looking for workers.
I think I was almost 26 years old, when I first walked into the Wyoming Unemployment office to look for a job. With friends and people that knew me I just didn't need it.

Old 01-13-2010, 06:24 PM

1 posts, read 6,996 times
I just received a job offer and Im going to take it. The way I was recruted and things were explained I am very excited to come to RockSprings. good luck to you all
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming