Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2012, 07:30 PM

45 posts, read 114,774 times

Advertisements

Okay we are teachers with small children looking to apply in WY.
We are currently near the Star Valley WY area however there is no work currently here.
We are looking for some ammenities for the kids like; a small movie theater, some parks, swimming pool, and karate classes.
Can anyone help us.
Is there anyone from Sheridan?
Guide us.
It is so expensive to travel that we won't unless we are offered an interview.
Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2012, 07:24 AM

632 posts, read 1,511,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer5221 View Post
Okay we are teachers with small children looking to apply in WY.
We are currently near the Star Valley WY area however there is no work currently here.
We are looking for some ammenities for the kids like; a small movie theater, some parks, swimming pool, and karate classes.
Can anyone help us.
Is there anyone from Sheridan?
Guide us.
It is so expensive to travel that we won't unless we are offered an interview.
Thanks in advance!
I think your endorsement area is a factor....are you both elementary teachers?

I'm sure you've seen:

Wyoming Job Vacancies (http://www.wsba-wy.org/teach.html - broken link)

Old 03-31-2012, 09:12 PM

I am elementary and my husband is finishing his certificate in High School.
Is that meaning it is hard to get employment at this time?

Old 03-31-2012, 11:34 PM

18,700 posts, read 41,886,322 times
You asked about Sheridan.

Sheridan is a very nice town of about 15800+ Last census kicked that up a bit but I don't remember how much.

Sheridan about 15 miles from the Big Horn Mountains as far as view goes. But it's about 20 miles by highway.

Sheridan has a fairly good sized hospital and although some people don't like it, I found the treatment and staff excellent during a couple of stays.

Sheridan is surrounded by major history. Fetterman Battlefield, Wagon Box Battlefield, Connor Battlefield, etc... Plus it's on a few minles up the road to the Custer Battlefield.

Have you tried searching through the forum for Sheridan? There are several threads about it and there are several pictures in the picture thread. There is also a lot of information HERE.

Old 04-03-2012, 12:31 PM

1,872 posts, read 4,198,489 times
My experience is that it is quite difficult to get a teaching position in Sheridan. It is a very seeked-out community. With the growth in Gillette they hire several teachers every year. It's not Sheridan, but it is close enough to both the Big Horns and the Black Hills and has a lot of amenities for kids. I worked for the school district there for 3 years and the district is top notch! I only moved to take an administration position that is in a town a lot closer to my kids and grandkids! Gillette served us well.

Old 04-11-2012, 04:45 PM

83 posts, read 237,436 times
The Riverton School Board just approved the addition of 9 K-4 teachers, 2 Middle School Social Studies teachers, and 2 HS English teachers to meet the state's mandated 16:1 student ratio. These positions would be above and beyond any retirees or resignations. And Riverton is one of the better paying districts in the state. You might want to call Fremont County School District #25 Admin office and check out the openings. Even if there wasn't an opening for your husband there are 8 other districts within a half hour drive of Riverton that may have something for him.

With this mandate I would think other districts in the state would be scrambling to add teachers also, so you may have lots of options.

Good luck

Old 04-19-2012, 10:24 AM

Have you checked the Wyoming PTSB open positions board lately? There are a lot of jobs opening up right now. In our little town of Meeteetse we have a 5th grade position and a junior high (6-8 grade) math/science position open.

Old 04-26-2012, 10:08 PM

Thanks!

Old 04-30-2012, 03:06 PM

692 posts, read 1,700,964 times
sheridan county is hiring

Old 04-30-2012, 03:36 PM

The OP posted in another thread that she got a job offer in Gillette! Hooray for Jennifer!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming