Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2013, 08:50 PM

92 posts, read 189,473 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post
It's the same in Uinta Couny and Park County. The Californians who come here are some of our strongest conservatives. Let's not forget that it's only a few years since California was a Republican state. Let's not forget either that the people who first went there were some mighty tough people, the same kind who come to Wyoming now.

This is hard country, windswept and desolate. But tough people come here for what we offer and I can put that in one word, freedom. Some call themselves Republicans; some libertarians or conservatives; some third party. They all hate big government and my welcome mat is out for them.

OK, right wingers, the Free State of Wyoming is here. What are you waiting for?

A job!!

Seriously though, your state is incredibly attractive to native Californians that are sick about the way their state is going. I can not tell you how many conservatives came out of the woodwork (75% liberal leaning where I am...) in school and grocery parking lots to talk to me when they saw my newly placed freedom-loving bumper stickers. All of them are nauseated, disheartened, and researching where to take their family.

It's a horrible thing to watch the destruction of a state.

Last edited by ElkHunter; 01-18-2013 at 09:06 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2013, 09:22 AM

10,688 posts, read 7,683,804 times
Default True or apocryphal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post
This is hard country, windswept and desolate. But tough people come here for what we offer and I can put that in one word, freedom. Some call themselves Republicans; some libertarians or conservatives; some third party. They all hate big government and my welcome mat is out for them.

OK, right wingers, the Free State of Wyoming is here. What are you waiting for?
My brother-in-law sent me the following about a Montana woman criticizing Alan Simpson for a statement he supposedly made about social security. Since there isn't anything like an address to back it up, it may be bologna, but I did think it was funny and with a kernel of wisdom in there as well. And it came in an e-mail Elk, so I dont think it's got a copyright!!!

Alan Simpson, the Senator from Wyoming calls senior citizens
the Greediest Generation as he compared "Social Security " to a Milk Cow with
310 million teats.

Here's a response in a letter from PATTY MYERS in
Montana ... I think she is a little ticked off! She also tells it like it
is!

Oh sooo true!

"Hey Alan, let's get a few things
straight!!!!!

1. As a career politician, you have
been on the public dole (tit)
for FIFTY
YEARS.

2. I have been paying Social Security taxes for
48 YEARS (since I was 15 years old. I am now 63).

3. My
Social Security payments, and those of millions of other
Americans, were safely tucked away
in an interest bearing account for decades until you political pukes decided to
raid the account and give OUR money to a bunch of zero losers in return for
votes, thus bankrupting the system and turning Social Security into a Ponzi
scheme that would make Bernie Madoff proud.

4. Recently, just
like Lucy & Charlie Brown, you and "your ilk"
pulled the proverbial football
away from millions of American seniors nearing retirement and moved
the goal posts for full retirement from age 65
to age, 67. NOW, you and your "shill commission" are proposing to move the
goal posts YET AGAIN.

5. I, and millions of other
Americans, have been paying into
Medicare from Day One, and now "you
morons" propose to change the rules of the game. Why? Because "you idiots"
mismanaged other parts of the economy to such an extent that you need to steal
our money from Medicare to pay the bills.

6. I, and millions
of other Americans, have been paying income taxes our entire lives, and now you
propose to increase our taxes yet again. Why? Because you "incompetent bast**ds"
spent our money so profligately that you just kept on spending even after you
ran out of money. Now, you come to the American taxpayers and say you need more
to pay off YOUR debt.

To add insult to injury, you label us "greedy" for
calling "bullsh*t" to your incompetence. Well, Captain Bullsh*t,

I have a few questions for YOU:

1. How much
money have you earned from the American taxpayers during your pathetic 50-year
political career?

2. At what age did you retire from
your pathetic political career, and how much are you receiving in annual
retirement benefits from the American taxpayers?

3. How much do you pay for YOUR government provided health insurance?

4. What cuts in YOUR
retirement and healthcare benefits are you proposing in your disgusting deficit
reduction proposal, or as usual, have you exempted yourself and your political
cronies?

It is you, Captain Bullsh*t, and your political co-conspirators
called Congress who are the "greedy" ones. It is you and your fellow
nutcase thieves who have bankrupted America and stolen the American dream from
millions of loyal, patriotic taxpayers.

And for what? Votes and your
job and retirement security at our
expense, you lunk-headed,
leech.

That's right, sir. You and yours have bankrupted America for the
sole purpose of advancing your pathetic, political careers. You know it, we know
it, and you know that we know it.

And you can take that to the bank, you
miserable son of a b*tch. NO, I did not stutter.

P.S. And stop calling
Social Security benefits "entitlements". WHAT AN INSULT!!!!

I have been paying in to the SS
system for 45 years “It's my
money”-give it back to me the way
the system was designed and stop patting yourself on the back like you are being
generous by doling out these monthly check

Old 01-20-2013, 11:21 AM

18,700 posts, read 41,965,616 times
I have seen that before and the letter was taken completely out of text with what he said.

Some years ago he was tasked with overhauling the SS system but was stopped at every turn. he said the first thing that needs to be done is to make SS completely independent of the Government and privatize it. He said that that was the only way you could keep Polititions fingers out of the pie.

The letter was one of those email viral things that did nothing but stir up crap that was obviously written with only a small portion of the facts.

Old 01-20-2013, 12:35 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,683,804 times
Default Shoulda figured

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
I have seen that before and the letter was taken completely out of text with what he said.

Some years ago he was tasked with overhauling the SS system but was stopped at every turn. he said the first thing that needs to be done is to make SS completely independent of the Government and privatize it. He said that that was the only way you could keep Polititions fingers out of the pie.

The letter was one of those email viral things that did nothing but stir up crap that was obviously written with only a small portion of the facts.
Well, you could see from my disclaimer I've known my B-I-L to pass around some BS before! Doesn't surprise me to see he took another hook and then I grabbed onto his feet.

Sorry, for any misconceptions, but HAD Simpson said what was stated in the beginning, it would have been a funny letter. Knowing it was taken out of context is a bit of a damper.

Old 01-20-2013, 01:32 PM

10,420 posts, read 14,560,595 times
Beginning this year when I turn 70 the Social Security I pay will become a straight tax since the law fixes the maximum amount I can get at age 70. I'd be satisfied if I could just leave the system. They can keep what I've paid if I an keep what I earn. The government punishes the productive.

I'm happy to pay elected officials and their appointees because they are elected. It's the civil service parasites I can't tolerate. They pick the easiest work with the highest pay; most of their "work" could be handled far better by te private sector, e.g., schools, utilities including police and fire, highways, et al. Government produces nothing; it only parisitizes the capitalist economy.

Anyone who doesn't believe tht the aged want free lunch should read the insurance subforum under "Retired". 'Tis another reason I favor secession for our state. If the aged don't care to work, and few do, hand them begging bowls.

Old 01-20-2013, 01:42 PM

9,724 posts, read 21,186,837 times
Alan Simpson also retired from the Senate 15 years ago after three terms. I wouldn't call that a "career politician... on the public dole for 50 years." He's always been outspoken and hasn't identified with far right conservatives, so he's had a few detractors, but I think he served Wyoming and the U.S. well.

Old 01-21-2013, 12:26 AM

18,700 posts, read 41,965,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoNewk View Post
Alan Simpson also retired from the Senate 15 years ago after three terms. I wouldn't call that a "career politician... on the public dole for 50 years." He's always been outspoken and hasn't identified with far right conservatives, so he's had a few detractors, but I think he served Wyoming and the U.S. well.
Absolutely correct. I sat down with him once and had coffee. He asked me if I could do one thing to help curb crime, what would it be? I told him to have minimum sentences, but don't tell the judges. Make it so, for instance, robbery would be 10 years minimum. Somebody is going to serve 10 years. So if the judge only gives the guy 5, then the judge has to serve the other 5, but total, somebody is going to do 10 years. Senator Simpson laughed hard and told me it wouldn't work because we would run out of judges the first week.

I really like him while he was in office and I like what he is doing now. He is still very active and working hard on Capital Hill.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming