Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2007, 07:39 PM

208 posts, read 909,700 times

Advertisements

Thanks all for the information...! My wife and I were originally looking at RS due to the potential job offer I received from an employer there.....Rock Springs- Already searched...few questions When we arrived for my interview the VP of the company "threw us a curveball".... He thought that the position in RS was going to be a little rough for somebody new to the sales end of this business, so he had us head up to Gillette where there was more support for my position.

I've heard some things about Gillette that made me wonder about the place (although not anything nearly as bad as RS!), but once we got here I wasn't really sure why. Maybe it's perspective... coming from Modesto CA probably makes anything look better... we had "bad areas" there that were larger than the entire population of Campbell county! Either way, we definitely like Gillette..... although it's not as nice as Cody (Living there was great) and Sheridan, it's still beautiful country. Rolling grassland..... rolling sagebrush hills..... pine-tree dotted foothills...... rocky ravines...... the only thing I'm not a huge fan of is the lack of rivers here, but the Big Horns and Black hills are just a stone's throw from here.

We have already moved into our new house, and because of the up to 1+ year waiting list at some apartments and serious lack of rentals we decided to buy. We got a good value on the house, my new employer is GREAT, and the culture in general is very nice. It's like we're back in America again!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2007, 08:25 PM

3,202 posts, read 4,433,628 times
glad to hear it!goodluck

Old 09-17-2007, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imbobbbb View Post
glad to hear it!goodluck
Thanks! This is a good, career-oriented job with a company that has locations all over WY and a couple in MT. I've spoken with well over a couple dozen people about the company and nobody has had anything bad to say about them at all.

Good new job, beautiful new landscape, no people trying to run me over everywhere I go, I can understand the language spoken here, housing is relatively affordable, no 115 degree summer days, low tax burden, very few laws..... I think it was a fair trade.

Old 09-17-2007, 09:33 PM

3,202 posts, read 4,433,628 times
find a 10 year old newspaper and look at the price of housing then....it was downright cheap......but i guess its still no worse then most of america,and better then many places

Old 09-17-2007, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imbobbbb View Post
find a 10 year old newspaper and look at the price of housing then....it was downright cheap......but i guess its still no worse then most of america,and better then many places
About 1/2 the price of where I'm from in CA, and that's not even an overly-expensive area by CA standards. At least here (Gillette) the housing has not outpaced the wages.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming