Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2007, 08:26 AM

1 posts, read 2,640 times

Advertisements

Was looking to move to Wyoming (from Michigan) and wanted to know how the home improvement business is out there. My company specializes in remodeling (kitchens, baths, etc..), additions, finishing basements as well as any other projects concerning plumbing, electrical, HVAC, etc. We do handyman projects as well. Also siding, decks and other exterior work. Sounds like the new construction economy is booming and I could convert, but would like to stay with what I do best. Any info on this inquiry would be greatly appreciated. Been to wyomingatwork.com and didn't see much as far as home improvement is concerned.......Thanks for any of your input!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2007, 10:49 AM

11,555 posts, read 53,182,360 times
The housing boom is here in many communities ... so the skilled construction work you do is in high demand.

You may find work more readily as a sub-contractor on new housing.

Remodeling is a big activity in some areas, but most of it is do-it-yourself ... Wyoming tends to have a lot of areas without strict zoning/licensed contractor regulated work, and a lot of very independent minded folks. Still, I've seen clients being walked through the box stores with their contractor/installer, using it as a design showroom.

There's certainly a market out here for your work ....

Old 10-12-2007, 04:24 PM

1,466 posts, read 4,057,165 times
My husband is in the HVAC industry. He's a service Tech.

He was talking to a owner of a company that has a shop in buffalo and Gillette and will be building one in Sheridan soon. The owner told my husband that HVAC is a secure trade even after the boom is over people will still need air conditioning and heat especially. I am not sure how steady carpenters are ect. I know that Electrical companies in town keep pretty busy.

As far as the job database at working in Wyoming, that is just one of many sources to find out about employment. Not all employers use the workforce center to advertise, just depends on their need and ability to find a skilled person ect. I would recommend looking at the classifieds in the local papers in what ever towns you are looking at also.

Hope that helps..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wyoming